Formula 1 Wags #163 Who will be the next one?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There already is a flight from Porto to Nice (Monaco) :sneaky: It's EasyJet, but well šŸ˜‚ Pretty sure Lu used it :sneaky:
But Pierre lives in Milano anyway. That's Kika's main destination ;)

But when exactly was it? I had a feeling they couldn't be at the same time same place for some time now šŸ˜‚
Kika is in Porto, not sure when was this but by the dates it was before she went to Sri Lanka.

Reactions: 2
the necklaces??? i'm sorry i can't function šŸ„µšŸ„µšŸ„µ
I'm all about this pic tbh.

He also looked giant next to Colbert. The difference between DRs hair that he has 'styled' himself before going in to record vs his hair on the show is quite something

In other hair related news, my prayers have been answered and Alex seems to have finally started using purple shampoo, brassy tones begone!

Screenshot_20230203-101542_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm all about this pic tbh.

He also looked giant next to Colbert. The difference between DRs hair that he has 'styled' himself before going in to record vs his hair on the show is quite something

In other hair related news, my prayers have been answered and Alex seems to have finally started using purple shampoo, brassy tones begone!

View attachment 1932228
whoever decided to put him in the suit did great job šŸ˜‚
Omg Yes alex i love it šŸ‘šŸ»

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This is a controversial opinion but why is a driver thatā€™s not even on the grid being tasked with effectively promoting the sport? I thought heā€™d be talking more about himself and what heā€™s doing rather than just the sport as a whole but from what Iā€™ve seen on twitter that doesnā€™t really seem to be the case? Just seems counter productive to me to have him saying stuff like ā€œonly 20 of us in the world do itā€ when he isnā€™t even one of them. It also makes it seem like all the others bar him and I guess Lewis as heā€™s been on this show are boring which ā€¦ may be true but isnā€™t entirely fairšŸ˜…as I said, I know thereā€™s a lot of Daniel fans here so probably an unpopular take but I live to be differentšŸ˜­

Also Iā€™m just gonna say it once and be done with it (this isnā€™t aimed at ppl here btw more twitter), I feel like this is the first time in the DTS generation of fans that theyā€™ve lost like one of the ā€œstapleā€ drivers and honestly, itā€™s just a part of the sport. Drivers come and go. And you have to move on too not keep dredging them up (in regards to stuff about F1 not just generally) for them to be relevant

Reactions: 7
This is a controversial opinion but why is a driver thatā€™s not even on the grid being tasked with effectively promoting the sport? I thought heā€™d be talking more about himself and what heā€™s doing rather than just the sport as a whole but from what Iā€™ve seen on twitter that doesnā€™t really seem to be the case? Just seems counter productive to me to have him saying stuff like ā€œonly 20 of us in the world do itā€ when he isnā€™t even one of them. It also makes it seem like all the others bar him and I guess Lewis as heā€™s been on this show are boring which ā€¦ may be true but isnā€™t entirely fairšŸ˜…as I said, I know thereā€™s a lot of Daniel fans here so probably an unpopular take but I live to be differentšŸ˜­

Also Iā€™m just gonna say it once and be done with it (this isnā€™t aimed at ppl here btw more twitter), I feel like this is the first time in the DTS generation of fans that theyā€™ve lost like one of the ā€œstapleā€ drivers and honestly, itā€™s just a part of the sport. Drivers come and go. And you have to move on too not keep dredging them up (in regards to stuff about F1 not just generally) for them to be relevant
He has done a US talk show as part of DTS promo (Trevor Noah twice and now Colbert), he'll be in the new season, so I guess it's that. He'll be wanting to keep his face out there to keep making money off merch and it'll be good to not disappear if he wants to race again... plus RB hired him for media stuff. I feel like we'll see a lot more of him in things like this.

He's in a far better position right now to talk about what it's like being and F1 driver than three of the 2023 drivers as there's two rookies and one who has one race under his belt

I noticed aswell in some game he was playing with Lando after he got canned my McLaren where he was trying make Lando guess Vegas, and he said something like "we're racing here next year"...so either he's delusional, has a seat lined up for 2023, or it's just a habit šŸ¤·

• Heart
Reactions: 8
He has done a US talk show as part of DTS promo (Trevor Noah twice and now Colbert), he'll be in the new season, so I guess it's that. He'll be wanting to keep his face out there to keep making money off merch and it'll be good to not disappear if he wants to race again... plus RB hired him for media stuff. I feel like we'll see a lot more of him in things like this.

He's in a far better position right now to talk about what it's like being and F1 driver than three of the 2023 drivers as there's two rookies and one who has one race under his belt

I noticed aswell in some game he was playing with Lando after he got canned my McLaren where he was trying make Lando guess Vegas, and he said something like "we're racing here next year"...so either he's delusional, has a seat lined up for 2023, or it's just a habit šŸ¤·
He wasnā€™t promoting Red Bull though, this wasnā€™t set up by them. You see, this is another reason why I donā€™t like Max. He hates all this promo stuff which is fair enough but honestly, it should be him on shows like this. Itā€™s him the RB cars being launched for, heā€™s the champion, came back for DTS this year, thatā€™s the person we should be hearing about the sport from. But he either refuses to do it or is so boring no one actually asks him, idk which one it is. I just think to promote the sport you should have the most relevant drivers. Also, as soon as Logan starts actually driving, if US shows donā€™t jump on that Iā€™m gonna scream. Theyā€™ve been crying for years about not having an American driver so they better utilise him while it lasts

He wasnā€™t promoting Red Bull though, this wasnā€™t set up by them. You see, this is another reason why I donā€™t like Max. He hates all this promo stuff which is fair enough but honestly, it should be him on shows like this. Itā€™s him the RB cars being launched for, heā€™s the champion, came back for DTS this year, thatā€™s the person we should be hearing about the sport from. But he either refuses to do it or is so boring no one actually asks him, idk which one it is. I just think to promote the sport you should have the most relevant drivers. Also, as soon as Logan starts actually driving, if US shows donā€™t jump on that Iā€™m gonna scream. Theyā€™ve been crying for years about not having an American driver so they better utilise him while it lasts
max wasn't even part of DTS last year . So why to do promo for show he don't even like and everyone knows it .
Still have nightmares about Christian's interviews tbf

Reactions: 6

I mean retired athletes are always promoting the sport they used to play and often still see themselves as ā€˜part of itā€™.

Reactions: 6
I mean retired athletes are always promoting the sport they used to play and often still see themselves as ā€˜part of itā€™.
I think thereā€™s a difference between retired as in, idk, David Beckham, and Daniel. No offence to him, but thereā€™s levels to it. Iā€™m happy to say Iā€™m biased because I donā€™t particularly like him and I donā€™t get how so many people are taken in by his obvious persona, but it just seems lazy to keep churning out the same people rather than actually using someone else, thereā€™s 20 to choose from
---

max wasn't even part of DTS last year . So why to do promo for show he don't even like and everyone knows it .
Max only didnā€™t like it because he didnā€™t like that he couldnā€™t control the narrative. Now he can, heā€™s fine with it

I think he started filming with them mid way through the season

Max only didnā€™t like it because he didnā€™t like that he couldnā€™t control the narrative. Now he can, heā€™s fine with it
Well we will see it on 24th if that is true and how much they changed the ā€œdramaā€ scenario .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.