Formula 1 Wags #163 Who will be the next one?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WTF?! Disgusting person :mad:
especially with covid still being a thing and a thing that could keep them from driving/a paycheck.
I would be so paranoid for that reason alone
eventually, like maybe even this year they are going to really need to step up paddock security. Last year was already pushing it with fans

Reactions: 5
I'm still holding out for him at the EPrix... but yeah i think he has to get back to MTC
and also needs to give hamster a good spanking for putting pietra on stream
If i see her in quadrant merch i will literally cry

looks like max got kittens to try and lure in more subs... nope plenty of kitten content on tiktok for me
1000002187.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
I think more drivers will have full time security this season
They should all do a Lewis and have a proper bodyguard tbh. Idk how they even expect them to focus when people are constantly charging in their faces 5 minutes before they need to get in the car let alone stuff like this happening. He’s been shamed for it for years but it’s pretty obvious it’s the way forward now

Reactions: 9
They should all do a Lewis and have a proper bodyguard tbh. Idk how they even expect them to focus when people are constantly charging in their faces 5 minutes before they need to get in the car let alone stuff like this happening. He’s been shamed for it for years but it’s pretty obvious it’s the way forward now
Ya I agree! The paddock isn’t the same as what it was a few years ago. I know DR got a bodyguard at one of the races last year because the paddock was crazy.

Reactions: 6
Ya I agree! The paddock isn’t the same as what it was a few years ago. I know DR got a bodyguard at one of the races last year because the paddock was crazy.
I think Max had one in the Netherlands too. More than anything, even when people aren’t necessarily doing anything overtly “wrong”, it’s just an inconvenience the drivers don’t need. People forget that they are just doing their jobs. Sometimes it must take them like half an hour just to get from the paddock gates into the hospitality and that’s just not practical, and it’s a shame because they’re always happy to sign stuff and take pictures in certain areas (like at the gates to the paddock) but now fans seem to be allowed everywhere which makes no sense because I’ve never really seen that before

Reactions: 9
For one this and also people think just because they paid to get into paddock they can do whatever they want. I think there should be strict rules set.
I haven’t been to a race in years but when I did go, from what I remember it was only ever the ultra VIPs that were allowed that kind of access, mostly famous people that were invited. I never saw any ordinary fans. I don’t think I got within 500m of a driver tbh I’d see them getting into their cars on the grid and some of Parc Ferme from the stands but that’s it. You seem to be able to pay for “VIP” passes a lot easier nowadays (not easy as in money wise but more accessible)

Reactions: 7
I think Max had one in the Netherlands too. More than anything, even when people aren’t necessarily doing anything overtly “wrong”, it’s just an inconvenience the drivers don’t need. People forget that they are just doing their jobs. Sometimes it must take them like half an hour just to get from the paddock gates into the hospitality and that’s just not practical, and it’s a shame because they’re always happy to sign stuff and take pictures in certain areas (like at the gates to the paddock) but now fans seem to be allowed everywhere which makes no sense because I’ve never really seen that before
this is honestly one of the weirdest parts about f1 to me....it is so rare in sports for fans to have such consistent access to athletes, especially just before a competition....they're trying to get into the right mindest before qualifying or a race and they have to travel from hospitality to the pits and deal with fans between that....i really cannot think of any other elite sport where this would be such a regular thing

Reactions: 10
this is honestly one of the weirdest parts about f1 to me....it is so rare in sports for fans to have such consistent access to athletes, especially just before a competition....they're trying to get into the right mindest before qualifying or a race and they have to travel from hospitality to the pits and deal with fans between that....i really cannot think of any other elite sport where this would be such a regular thing
Exactly? You’d never have it anywhere else, imagine a big group of screaming fans getting in Messi and Mbappes faces 5 minutes before they walked out for the WC Final, there’d be an outcry. The whole paddock seems like absolute chaos these last few years since covid, how they keep focused I never understand.

Exactly? You’d never have it anywhere else, imagine a big group of screaming fans getting in Messi and Mbappes faces 5 minutes before they walked out for the WC Final, there’d be an outcry. The whole paddock seems like absolute chaos these last few years since covid, how they keep focused I never understand.
I agree i never understood why VIPs or regular people with loads of money have access to the paddock. The tickets should be for better seats, food, drinks or even some pre arranged stuff with drivers but have so many random people there for me its weird. Like you said in football you have none of that.

Reactions: 4
Since Lando wont post on his jpg account Louis has posted a few Lando took of him instead 😅

• Heart
That’s what I quite like about the Silverstone paddock for everyone except personal did they did paddock tours that stop an hour before qualifying and the race and they are guided so there is always someone to tell them if they’re in the wrong place etc. the Miami paddock to me was insane!

Reactions: 3
I mean honestly its a liability. If an athlete is worth that much and has the potential to win millions for the team, i wouldn't let anyone near them. one trip and fall could cost millions

Reactions: 3
I mean honestly its a liability. If an athlete is worth that much and has the potential to win millions for the team, i wouldn't let anyone near them. one trip and fall could cost millions
I remember in Suzuka (where fans are generally quite well-behaved compared to the other circuits) Yuki got mobbed by fans and the Alphatauri social media admin had to step in and get people to back up which isn't his job either. Obviously Yuki's a smaller guy but there's a very really physical risk to being crowded not to mention how uncomfortable it must be.
They cut the camera away but you can see a bit of it at the 9:40 mark here. Apparently, it was worse in real life

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.