Formula 1 Wags #145 Boff Bad Boys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are doing same,we got pissed off with Silverstone and are booking Spa, we decided to do it as a coach trip which takes ages but we have done them before and we just chill out and sleep 😴.

Just waiting on a price from the company we usually use but would rather do that than mess around with Silverstone.
I was looking at Spa. I have to fly from Belfast or at a push Dublin. There’s a couple of local Belfast companies that offer packages. My sister was there years ago and loved it. I probably won’t be able to afford either because there’s 2 of us and it’s the cost of a holiday so not fair on my son who doesn’t like it 🙄. Trying to convert him 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
this is sounding super close to happening
L'Equipe has a paywall but basically signing could happen soon (probably post funeral)
View attachment 1584462
It's such a weird scenario. Red Bull have a giant junior driver program and yet once again Marko is seemingly saying none of their juniors are good enough and looking elsewhere. An even more puzzling thing to say when De Vries hasn't exactly set the world alight. I'm not saying that to throw shade on Nyck at all, just that given Marko was saying re the Herta situation 'we won't let Gasly go unless someone exciting can come in' that a supposed switch to them wanting to take De Vries instead of one of their juniors is really confusing (if true).

And begs the overall question....what's the point of having a big junior driver program and not recruiting from it when you have F1 seats available in your B team? And the other question, which is if you keep saying the juniors aren't good enough either you aren't supporting them enough to develop them....or you aren't picking the right people for your academy. And both of those sound a lot more like a Red Bull problem than the drivers....maybe another reason to add to all the other stuff why Marko needs to get gone (he's in charge of the program right?)

Reactions: 12
I want Gasly to escape from Helmet Marko, but I also don't want Marko getting his claws in Nyck, who should sign for Williams, but I'm also not sure how good Nyck really is. He's getting the opportunity now because there is nobody else. But I recognise he'd be good for Williams if they can afford not to have the Nick's money.

Reactions: 11
Managed to grab another BGP ticket as I felt really bad that I hadn’t got my other brother one… it only took me another 12 hours to get it!🙈 I need a drink!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I want Gasly to escape from Helmet Marko, but I also don't want Marko getting his claws in Nyck, who should sign for Williams, but I'm also not sure how good Nyck really is. He's getting the opportunity now because there is nobody else. But I recognise he'd be good for Williams if they can afford not to have the Nick's money.
I feel similar about this all.
Also I was wondering-what if Helmut wants Nyck to replace not Pierre but Yuki? Lack of news brings crazy ideas to my mind😂😭

Reactions: 4
I feel similar about this all.
Also I was wondering-what if Helmut wants Nyck to replace not Pierre but Yuki? Lack of news brings crazy ideas to my mind😂😭
Don't want to lose Yuki, Pierre can't lose his husband. It won't be right Pierre only gets to see husband Yuki at home when he isn't racing. 😆

• Haha
Bingo... the coms guy from Williams I talked to a few weeks ago basically said Williams can't afford to pay anyone more.. and that's with latifi. He said they are just years behind tying to catch up with jost.
I don't get why Alpine is set on pierre... why not have nyck go there?

Reactions: 8
I was looking at Spa. I have to fly from Belfast or at a push Dublin. There’s a couple of local Belfast companies that offer packages. My sister was there years ago and loved it. I probably won’t be able to afford either because there’s 2 of us and it’s the cost of a holiday so not fair on my son who doesn’t like it 🙄. Trying to convert him 😂
Depending on how early you book flights it would likely be cheaper to fly from Dublin, even including the lovely goldline bus. Mainly as NI have a higher APD than Dublin.
That is if you book it all separately yourself rather than a package.

Reactions: 8
Mick can switch to be a football player

He is having fun. I like seeing him and Seb enjoy the match

• Heart
Reactions: 13
if nyck does go to alpha tauri i think that’ll be the shortest f1 team in history 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Depending on how early you book flights it would likely be cheaper to fly from Dublin, even including the lovely goldline bus. Mainly as NI have a higher APD than Dublin.
That is if you book it all separately yourself rather than a package.
It usually works out cheaper on a package. My concern would be getting to the track from our accommodation and back again. I just hate that with packages you’re restricted to their times of going to and leaving the circuit.

• Heart
It usually works out cheaper on a package. My concern would be getting to the track from our accommodation and back again. I just hate that with packages you’re restricted to their times of going to and leaving the circuit.
We rented a car, not a bad drive from Liege, look into that if you are comfortable driving. Go early and the traffic is fine, chance to watch f3 and f2

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.