Formula 1 Wags #127 The Mystery of Clive Abiteboul

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ive seen some dumb mean tit written by Lando fans about DR so let's just enjoy our civil ceasefire here and not generalise all fans of a particular driver?
Hello did actually say a certain group of fans not all....

Reactions: 10
Just when I had forgotten about Pierre due to all the other tit-hosiery going on this summer today
They’ve taken to wearing bad tights over summer? Interesting choice

(I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Remember the report that Daniel got choked up telling the team at the MTC he was dedicated to the team a few weeks ago?

Brutal man

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I personally think Seb decided to retire when he was called a hypocrite recently in Canada (being in F1 and supporting environmental causes etc)

I think it made him take stock and decided to be honourable regarding his beliefs.

*this could be total bollocks however
What is Lewis waiting for then

Remember the report that Daniel got choked up telling the team at the MTC he was dedicated to the team a few weeks ago?

Brutal man
funny-farewell-cakes-quitting-job-55-583da021d470c__605.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Lando was their test driver for at least one year. And Carlos struggled in his first year if I remember correctly. I think DR outscored Carlos in McLaren 2021 compared to 2020
The 2021 car was massively better than the 2020 car, just by changing to the Mercedes engine. It's not comparable. The McLaren is a diva, we know that. However a team can't build a car around a driver no matter who that driver is, they build it in a way they think they're gonna be fast. And if McLaren has a philosophy they think they can work with to develop a car that's fastest in the following years, it's a drivers job to adapt. And Daniel not adapting is no one's fault really, not Lando's or the team's or his, it's just the car and Daniel not clicking and that's fine, Daniel is still a superb driver with an impressive career. However, that is no reason to discredit the team as some people have been doing all over social media, which has lead to this web of rumours. The team and Daniel have reconfirmed their commitment to each other over and over, Zak may have been talking to other drivers (for 2024) but that's his literal job, he is responsible to make sure all of his teams are ensured the best drivers there are and if that takes some talking to other alternatives, so be it. This entire topic is just so incredibly burning right now, that every rumour spirals out of control when in fact, there's nothing to be rumouring about but Alpine somehow announcing Oscar when they didn't even sign him.

Reactions: 12
Lando was their test driver for at least one year. And Carlos struggled in his first year if I remember correctly. I think DR outscored Carlos in McLaren 2021 compared to 2020
yeah lando had an advantage.

but even with the struggles, carlos still adapted faster than daniel did. daniel only outscored him by 10 points or so, and considering the improvement mclaren had from 2020 to 2021, it’s not that impressive…

Reactions: 11
ok, I think I caught up, with 10 new pages or so appearing while I was doing it.:ROFLMAO:

Is it the right time to ask why Oscar would be in position to choose F1 team and not want to go to Alpine if they give him the seat? it's not like there are 10 places free to choose from every year. And why would McLaren think that if Daniel can't get used to the car, a young rookie would squeeze more from the car than him (or is it about the money cause they have to pay Daniel more than they would have to a younger driver)? I am not at all following drivers outside of F1 so while I am enjoying that there's a lot happening, I am not able to tell what I think about Oscar's statement in this now. What do you think?
Well apparently oscar was free to get a contract with a new team if alpine didn't get him a seat before july 31st. As alonso announced his move on august 1st we can think that alpine didn't respect that clause (if the clause exists because nothing is confirmed), that's why he may have signed something with mclaren.
And as a rookie it can be easier to adapt to a new car. But it can also be a total disaster tbh 😂

The 2021 car was massively better than the 2020 car, just by changing to the Mercedes engine. It's not comparable. The McLaren is a diva, we know that. However a team can't build a car around a driver no matter who that driver is, they build it in a way they think they're gonna be fast. And if McLaren has a philosophy they think they can work with to develop a car that's fastest in the following years, it's a drivers job to adapt. And Daniel not adapting is no one's fault really, not Lando's or the team's or his, it's just the car and Daniel not clicking and that's fine. However, that is no reason to discredit the team as some people have been doing all over social media, which has lead to this web of rumours. The team and Daniel have reconfirmed their commitment to each other over and over, Zak may have been talking to other drivers (for 2024) but that's his literal job. This entire topic is just so incredibly burning right now, that every rumour spirals.
This! People seem to have the idea that this years car was built around Lando but it wasn’t, it was built how they thought would perform best, granted they got it wrong but it’s up to the drivers to adapt to the car not the other way around

Reactions: 14
HOLY tit. I’m off Tattle and f1 news for 12 hours and Pastrami has lit the drama OFF!!

guys we were wondering what day 2 of summer break would bring and I don’t think we anticipated this 😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I never thought Oscar sodding Pastrami would be giving me more drama over summer break than my French husband.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

but even with the struggles, carlos still adapted faster than daniel did. daniel only outscored him by 10 points or so, and considering the improvement mclaren had from 2020 to 2021, it’s not that impressive…
I am sorry to mention that in the past Daniel said he is more interested in driving than technical/engineering stuff, what might make adapting to the cars a bit trickier, to say the least LOL please insert *running away gif that Monza always posts* here LOL

Reactions: 13
I never thought Oscar sodding Pastrami would be giving me more drama over summer break than my French husband.
Give it time, I have faith he will pull through and give us all the drama 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s not even 9pm and I’m bloody worn out after all that today 😂

• Haha
This is just the start of summer break who knows what will come to us after, Pierre is maybe just warming up before going full slaggy 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Aware that the world has slightly gone to shot but I still have another 10 pages to catch up on so if you could all extremely politely shut the duck up for 5-10
minutes Tattle it would be greatly appreciated xoxo

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

there was also 5 less races in 2020, so 10 points really isnt that big of a margin

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.