Formula 1 Wags #127 The Mystery of Clive Abiteboul

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean he is a business man of course he is not a saint. I don't agree if he did all of this behind DR back but there is no feelings there. I mean DR is not delivering the results they were expecting (not only his fault but it is not working), they pay him a lot of money and have been patient with him. As much as it pains me to say that because i like DR but i understand why they are looking for another driver. And zak also put mclaren back to their feets after the Ron Dennis mess, i think we should give him crédit for it even if we don't like him.
Once again if he did all of this behind DR's back then yeah it is really messed up.
DR said it himself, he doesn't take it personally. I'm sure his ego is a bit bruised, but hopefully he can get a seat and bounce back. I think he'll have learned a lot about his driving as he had to work at it in a way he never had to before. He's in it long enough to know the sport is business, sometimes you do well (Renault contract), sometimes you don't (McLaren shithousery).

I think DR was brought in as a team leader and Zak was blinded a bit by Lando's performance and leaned into the quirks of the car rather than build the car that they would have told DR they were building to lure him away from Renault, where he was the lead driver. Not taking away from Lando, he had a great season last year, but Lando says it himself the car is a dog to drive. Will be interesting to see how car development goes when they have a rookie and someone who has only ever driven the quirky car.

Zak isn't the toxic mess that Ron Dennis was, but he's not exactly clean either

• Heart
Reactions: 15
ok, I think I caught up, with 10 new pages or so appearing while I was doing it.:ROFLMAO:

Is it the right time to ask why Oscar would be in position to choose F1 team and not want to go to Alpine if they give him the seat? it's not like there are 10 places free to choose from every year. And why would McLaren think that if Daniel can't get used to the car, a young rookie would squeeze more from the car than him (or is it about the money cause they have to pay Daniel more than they would have to a younger driver)? I am not at all following drivers outside of F1 so while I am enjoying that there's a lot happening, I am not able to tell what I think about Oscar's statement in this now. What do you think?
yea it’s definitely not guaranteed that oscar will/can perform better than daniel. but at the same time, lando was a young rookie who adapted and got the car to work.. carlos squeezed a ton of performance out of the mclaren as well. the car is fundamentally different but other drivers have made it work, daniel sadly has not (to the degree we all know he should be able to, and can in other cars)

Reactions: 14
Oh

I saw on this gossip page on Instagram he apparently with this girl & that’s supposed to be her insta. It won’t let me share the post I think because there’s videos on it
Just when I had forgotten about Pierre due to all the other tit-hosiery going on this summer today

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I personally think Seb decided to retire when he was called a hypocrite recently in Canada (being in F1 and supporting environmental causes etc)

I think it made him take stock and decided to be honourable regarding his beliefs.

*this could be total bollocks however
Tbf he got called a hypocrite live on British television on Question Time and admitted he was but that he was trying to change the sport. I just think it's been on the cards for a while, he misses his family but considered one more year, then that tit with Lance in Austria where he got brake tested fighting for P10 just made him go "nah duck it". I do feel his beliefs are part of his decision but its multi faceted.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
yea it’s definitely not guaranteed that oscar will/can perform better than daniel. but at the same time, lando was a young rookie who adapted and got the car to work.. carlos squeezed a ton of performance out of the mclaren as well. the car is fundamentally different but other drivers have made it work, daniel sadly has not (to the degree we all know he should be able to, and can in other cars)
Lando was their test driver for at least one year. And Carlos struggled in his first year if I remember correctly. I think DR outscored Carlos in McLaren 2021 compared to 2020

Reactions: 6
I mean in other BDE news the US is bleeping with China today sending our speaker of the house to Taiwan despite the threats.
this is such a BDE move, I agree, I read that many people folowed Nancy Pelosi's flight online to see if she lands there and I also read China immediately banned many of Taiwanese products and God knows what will happen next. These are indeed very weird times. I am glad there is a way to escape this all even for a sec, for example here :)

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.