Formula 1 Wags #116

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes!! One of the people I met in my first semester was 57 years old. He’s still in it as far as I know. There’s no age limit, there’s no one way! 🥰
Definitely! And I took uni so much more seriously as a mature student compared to my first degree 😂 In a lot of lines of work, being older is a plus too. Life experience is definitely a good thing in nursing. A lot of the young ones fresh out of uni have no idea what to do when faced with crying owners! 🤦🏼‍♀️

I do sometimes regret my life choices on a night like tonight though when it’s 10pm and I‘m writing up protocols to avoid SSIs 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Aw honey, it's not too late if you still want to do so. There's not one way to do education, it took me a few years as well ❤
I used to really fret about it before I got my new job, I had an office job for a few months but that was just through a family friend I was worried i was going to be working in a backstreet pub for the rest of my life not that there’s anything wrong with that but I definitely might do something in the future ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I used to really fret about it before I got my new job, I had an office job for a few months but that was just through a family friend I was worried i was going to be working in a backstreet pub for the rest of my life not that there’s anything wrong with that but I definitely might do something in the future ❤
You’re still so young my lovely! There’s absolutely zero rush when it comes to choosing your life path - I’m proof of that 🤣 33 going on 18! 😂

• Heart
And to echo everyone else @aac_124 i took a backdoor (no that’s not a euphemism 😏) way to getting my degree and now I’m starting my masters in September. But also don’t put pressure on yourself to do it before you’re ready. I deferred my place last year as I wasn’t ready and it was the best decision 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 12
You’re still so young my lovely! There’s absolutely zero rush when it comes to choosing your life path - I’m proof of that 🤣 33 going on 18! 😂
I mean I’m just loving the party lifestyle I’m able to have 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
oh, just the thought of this 😅 maybe this will finally provoke my mind to have Carlos' related dream!!!

having said that, I am siginig off for today (unfortunately not for sleep yet, I have to do laundry and find some clothes for tomorrow LOL)
see you!😘😘😘
I’m tired of waiting on my Carlos dream. Maybe I should put smooth operator on loop 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I want to rant about something i heard today on the f1tv french coverage but i think it can be triggering for some people so i will put it in a spoiler

In France if you watch the race on F1TV, the comment are made by the belgian journalist Gaetan Vigneron. And today he was with another journalist called Lionel Froissart. And this Lionel guy just casually called Lance "the autistic". Wtf is that? How disrespectful this is for Lance and for any people with autism?? I am so bleeping shocked by this. Then Vigneron told him off and Froissart added "but it is true"!?!? And after when he was called out on social media he said that he wasn't using the first sense of the Word?? Allo what kind of double sens this word can have! Honestly i'm so bleeping pissed by all this old man that still live in a cave and didn't realize how offensive they are for other people 🤬🤬
Wow that’s really disappointing. I finally have my first meeting with my gp this week about autism (im 99% sure I am and want to start the process of formal diagnosis) and it’s things like this that make it so much more difficult to be taken seriously (pre and post diagnosis). Also Lance may or may not be autistic, what right does he have to comment on that or deem him autistic, especially as an insult!
Lance is consistently said to be one of the nicest drivers by people in the paddock - he might just be shy? Either way he/no one has a right to speculate about it or stereotype autistic people. Urghhh

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Wow that’s really disappointing. I finally have my first meeting with my gp this week about autism (im 99% sure I am and want to start the process of formal diagnosis) and it’s things like this that make it so much more difficult to be taken seriously (pre and post diagnosis). Also Lance may or may not be autistic, what right does he have to comment on that or deem him autistic, especially as an insult!
Lance is consistently said to be one of the nicest drivers by people in the paddock - he might just be shy? Either way he/no ikr has a right to speculate about it or stereotype autistic people. Urghhh
Very proud of you for taking that step, it’s a big step and you’re amazing for doing it ❤ crossing my fingers for you 🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Heart
Lance is consistently said to be one of the nicest drivers by people in the paddock - he might just be shy? Either way he/no ikr has a right to speculate about it or stereotype autistic people. Urghhh
Best of luck with the process, I was diagnosed a month ago 🧡

• Heart
Exactly! Make the most of it! You’ve got all the time in the world to settle down and get boring 😉
I’m loving it I was with my ex since we were 15 I feel like I was “married off” whilst all my friends were out partying im just making up for lost time 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Omg don’t cos sometimes I cringe watching him thinking “is this what I look like around my friends who are all Lando’s age?….” 🤪
Well Pierre loooooveeees Daniel so you’re good ❤ also nothing wrong with letting the inner child out, we suppress it so much at work and everywhere, it deserves to come out every once in a while

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Lance is consistently said to be one of the nicest drivers by people in the paddock - he might just be shy? Either way he/no one has a right to speculate about it or stereotype autistic people. Urghhh
Best of luck for your appointment ❤it’s so sad that In the modern world people are still using such a word as an insult

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Very proud of you for taking that step, it’s a big step and you’re amazing for doing it ❤ crossing my fingers for you 🤞🏼🤞🏼
Best of luck with the process, I was diagnosed a month ago 🧡
Thank you both ❤ I’m excited and nervous! And thank you Maisie for your words back when you got diagnosed, they were really encouraging and definitely subdued the stress about starting the process🥰

• Heart
Well Pierre loooooveeees Daniel so you’re good ❤ also nothing wrong with letting the inner child out, we suppress it so much at work and everywhere, it deserves to come out every once in a while
I’ve just realised that there was a vet in my last practice and every time she walked in a room I used to shout her name in a stupid voice… duck, I’m actually Danny! 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

Exactly! Age is nothing but a number. I’m way closer to my younger friends than people my own age as I’m not settled down and still like going out. And the plus side is that nobody ever realises how old I actually am as a result 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.