Formula 1 Wags #116

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys I planned my summer so terribly. When F1 goes into the summer break I’ll start an internship which ends with the summer break. And then during the triple header I’ll probably be in Turkey visiting the family and won’t have the usual time I have for F1. I mean I’m happy to see my family but potentially missing both Spa and Monza hurts, I can live missing out on Zandvoort though 😂
You did some good planning, with the internship. You just didn't plan out the time with family that well 😂 I would say, drop the family, watch the races. (Very ironic here if you didn't catch it).
The races will always be available to watch later. I had to see last year's Monza when I got home from an eight hour long date (very cosy date). The dude spoiled that something had happened during the race, and that it was BIG. I was so curious on my bus ride home 😂
Spen that time with family, its time you won't get back, and if you have the opportunity, watch the races when you can❤ You need that time off when you get it, it's well deserved 🥰

And what do you mean you can live without Zandvoort?! It's such an iconic track, with all the orange fog close to the beach 😂
(I was just by it celebrating the Norwegian constitution day in 2019, because I didn't want to be celebrating in my own country and needed a get away, one of the best 17 of May I've ever had 🙌)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Alex waving as if he’s a fan and not an actual F1 driver has ended me 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Alex and Ted are truly the best duo (stolen from Tumblr)
1657487405276.png

You did some good planning, with the internship. You just didn't plan out the time with family that well 😂 I would say, drop the family, watch the races. (Very ironic here if you didn't catch it).
The races will always be available to watch later. I had to see last year's Monza when I got home from an eight hour long date (very cosy date). The dude spoiled that something had happened during the race, and that it was BIG. I was so curious on my bus ride home 😂
Spen that time with family, its time you won't get back, and if you have the opportunity, watch the races when you can❤ You need that time off when you get it, it's well deserved 🥰

And what do you mean you can live without Zandvoort?! It's such an iconic track, with all the orange fog close to the beach 😂
(I was just by it celebrating the Norwegian constitution day in 2019, because I didn't want to be celebrating in my own country and needed a get away, one of the best 17 of May I've ever had 🙌)
I'm happy I got the internship to keep my busy when there's no racing and it's actually where I work anyway so it'll probably be quite nice. Of course going to spend time with the fam, especially my grandpa who had a big surgery a few months ago, so will be getting all those grandparents cuddles in. I still want to catch up with you lot though so I'll take the spoilers, not like my team is doing anything meaningful anyway 😂❤
I don't mind the orangeness of the track (except for the smoke, those things need to be banned immediately) - it's just a boring track 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The dog is walked and is now out for the count I can finally have a moment to myself without him making me feel guilty 😂😅

All these internship sound like absolutely amazing opportunities I wish I had of took my education more seriously to be honest

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Going to make it all depressing here for a minute, I also missed Monza last year as I was at the hospital visiting my grandad, unfortunately he passed away later that day so the Monza memories for me will always be left with a strong hint of sadness

Just to tag on Imola, 100% cherish the time you have to visit your family, no race is more important than that 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Only got into F1 a few months back but I’ve found my people! Can’t keep up with you lot though 😂😂
Welcome! I fail miserably every race weekend to keep up with the thread 🤣 A lot of these races have an early start for me so I try to avoid spoilers and don't check the thread until after. Cut to 50 pages later and I'm ignoring my family for 2 hours catching up
seinfeld-me-time.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The dog is walked and is now out for the count I can finally have a moment to myself without him making me feel guilty 😂😅

All these internship sound like absolutely amazing opportunities I wish I had of took my education more seriously to be honest
Aw honey, it's not too late if you still want to do so. There's not one way to do education, it took me a few years as well ❤

Going to make it all depressing here for a minute, I also missed Monza last year as I was at the hospital visiting my grandad, unfortunately he passed away later that day so the Monza memories for me will always be left with a strong hint of sadness

Just to tag on Imola, 100% cherish the time you have to visit your family, no race is more important than that 🥰
Definitely ❤ I'm so sorry 🥺 my grandma passed away on my birthday, like 14 years ago, and even though I'm 'over it' I'll never look at my birthday the same - it just stays with you, but it does get easier I promise

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I want to rant about something i heard today on the f1tv french coverage but i think it can be triggering for some people so i will put it in a spoiler

In France if you watch the race on F1TV, the comment are made by the belgian journalist Gaetan Vigneron. And today he was with another journalist called Lionel Froissart. And this Lionel guy just casually called Lance "the autistic". Wtf is that? How disrespectful this is for Lance and for any people with autism?? I am so bleeping shocked by this. Then Vigneron told him off and Froissart added "but it is true"!?!? And after when he was called out on social media he said that he wasn't using the first sense of the Word?? Allo what kind of double sens this word can have! Honestly i'm so bleeping pissed by all this old man that still live in a cave and didn't realize how offensive they are for other people 🤬🤬

• Angry
  • Wow

Probably better option to walk him at this time because it was so warm so don’t feel guilty 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How did you lot manage to write away what felt like 15 pages while I was out fueling up my car and buying some ice cream to just have a break from cleaning out the cabinets. (How is it possible to have so much tit stored in so few cabinets?!) 😂
My excuse for my activity and ramblings today is that I'm ovulating 🤷

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Ohh, so sad to hear this. Races for me was a way of escaping when my mom was sick, not that I actually remember much of the races before summer in 2013, because I was living in what I like to call "the next of kin bubble" where everything is just about you, your family and taking life as it goes, from day to day.
Hope you are doing well after the passing of your grandpa, mine was my best friend and I miss him every day❤

You wanna walk my dog too? She is a ball of energy right now, and I need her to be tired for the drive tomorrow 😂😇
(I'm hoping that she will start to while about having to poo after driving 300 meters, and then she'll fall asleep for a few hours tomorrow 😅)

Hoky duck you guys, I'm moving in under 12 hours 😮

My excuse for my activity and ramblings today is that I'm ovulating 🤷
I'm not judging, I've been procrastinating packing down my bathroom 😂
But I love some pages to catch up on!
I hope I'll be able to catch up with whatever is happening the next few days. I will need some Tattle breaks 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Aw honey, it's not too late if you still want to do so. There's not one way to do education, it took me a few years as well ❤
Definitely. I'm going back to education after 4 years out. Don't get me wrong, it's tough seeing everyone I went to school with graduate now knowing I'm 4 years behind but I'll get there.

If you want to do it, do it. Find a way. Don't hold back. I regret waiting to go back. I was too scared for 2 years to go back to college. I talked myself out of it twice and now I'll start college at the end of August.

• Heart
Ohh, so sad to hear this. Races for me was a way of escaping when my mom was sick, not that I actually remember much of the races before summer in 2013, because I was living in what I like to call "the next of kin bubble" where everything is just about you, your family and taking life as it goes, from day to day.
Hope you are doing well after the passing of your grandpa, mine was my best friend and I miss him every day❤
Thank you, it has defo been hard, especially the last 5 years or so since my grandma passed we made sure to visit every week so to not have him there was a lot, I consider myself very lucky to have lived so close to my family and be able to spend that much time with them 🧡

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you, it has defo been hard, especially the last 5 years or so since my grandma passed we made sure to visit every week so to not have him there was a lot, I consider myself very lucky to have lived so close to my family and be able to spend that much time with them 🧡
That is so lovely ❤ it’s really the greatest gift, having family close by 🥰 it is hard, but things will get easier no doubt, sending you lots of love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Definitely. I'm going back to education after 4 years out. Don't get me wrong, it's tough seeing everyone I went to school with graduate now knowing I'm 4 years behind but I'll get there.

If you want to do it, do it. Find a way. Don't hold back. I regret waiting to go back. I was too scared for 2 years to go back to college. I talked myself out of it twice and now I'll start college at the end of August.
Ever since I graduated i knew that I'll be getting more education later in life (thanks to the older folks at my first study attempt, who just decided to take another road).
Either more education or starting up my own business in a few years. The last few years I haven't been in much of a study mood, but I have been wanting to study sexology, it's such an interesting topic😅 But to do that I would have wanted to go the long way arround and get a degree in psychology first 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It’s never too late to get back into education and start a new career! I went to uni straight out of school, did a useless degree, ended up working in bars for years and then decided I wanted to be a vet nurse. I went back to uni when I was 29 to get my nursing qualification and now I’ve got my career of dreams. You can do it ladies! 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It’s never too late to get back into education and start a new career! I went to uni straight out of school, did a useless degree, ended up working in bars for years and then decided I wanted to be a vet nurse. I went back to uni when I was 29 to get my nursing qualification and now I’ve got my career of dreams. You can do it ladies! 💕
Yes!! One of the people I met in my first semester was 57 years old. He’s still in it as far as I know. There’s no age limit, there’s no one way! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I want to rant about something i heard today on the f1tv french coverage but i think it can be triggering for some people so i will put it in a spoiler

In France if you watch the race on F1TV, the comment are made by the belgian journalist Gaetan Vigneron. And today he was with another journalist called Lionel Froissart. And this Lionel guy just casually called Lance "the autistic". Wtf is that? How disrespectful this is for Lance and for any people with autism?? I am so bleeping shocked by this. Then Vigneron told him off and Froissart added "but it is true"!?!? And after when he was called out on social media he said that he wasn't using the first sense of the Word?? Allo what kind of double sens this word can have! Honestly i'm so bleeping pissed by all this old man that still live in a cave and didn't realize how offensive they are for other people 🤬🤬
This makes me so angry.
1. Using a term autistic as a derogatory term is offensive to both lance and those who are autistic.
2. Autism isn’t something to be ashamed of. It makes the person who they are. I wouldn’t change a thing about my son.
3. you’ve met one person with autism. Congratulations - you’ve met one individual and you’ll not meet another like them.

It’s people like this supposed journalist that make me worried about the future for my son and even though his autism is deemed “mild” the thought of him experiencing someone shaming him for something outside of this control breaks my heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I had my grandma living in the flat under my house for the last ten years. As long as I was home, I visited her at least once per day, helping her or having dinner. When covid hit we only had each other. I also consider myself lucky to have had my grandma so close by for all of these years, and even tho we both could be some stubborn assholes at times, I will never forget all the conversations, discussions, us watching TV together, having dinner and eating snacks and whatnot 😂❤ I aspire to be her in 66 years 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.