Formula 1 Wags #112

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is a particular car. I think I’ve said it before but it’s very unstable in the front and understeers a lot which no driver really likes, especially those coming from junior categories as those cars tend to oversteer. But it’s a good car, it’s a working philosophy that’s constantly improving and was alrighty set back by the new regs which probably won’t even be an issue by next year. How they manage to blame a car when it’s really clear where the issue lies is beyond me. Put them in the ‘delusional’ box with cinnamon.
He's had long enough to adapt to the car. So that just can't be an excuse anymore. Daniel just has lost his edge. And unless he has the break clause right in his contract to walk early, 2023 will be his last at McLaren and maybe even F1. I can't see him leaving this year though. McLaren would also struggle to replace him as well.

Reactions: 12
He's had long enough to adapt to the car. So that just can't be an excuse anymore. Daniel just has lost his edge. And unless he has the break clause right in his contract, 2023 will be his last at McLaren and maybe even F1.
I don’t know if he’s lost it in general, I think had he stayed at Renault, he’d be in a much better place and bring in results consistently especially given the performance of the car this year. I will never understand why he made that move. He had everything over there, including first driver status.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
How they manage to blame a car when it’s really clear where the issue lies is beyond me. Put them in the ‘delusional’ box with cinnamon.
Adding this one to delusional box…sometimes you just have to laugh, a tough race is exactly what it was but oh no how dare Zak not write an entire essay explaining everything 😂😂

C414F235-7BDB-4100-83AE-B37C4E0A8542.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Adding this one to delusional box…sometimes you just have to laugh, a tough race is exactly what it was but oh no how dare Zak not write an entire essay explaining everything 😂😂

View attachment 1391390
P7???? WHAT??? 😂😂😂😂😂 Nah come on, grow up, he was lapping at 1:35 when others were doing 1:33, but yeah sure P7 😂😂
Yes his DRS was broken and that's important, maybe he could've gained 1 place on Latifi with it, but... not P7

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't think I've been blocked, haven't checked her account for a while with my stalker one. But I just searched for it, and can't find it, she has either deactivated it or deleted it 😅🤞

Nevermind she has blocked my stalker account, but not my private one 😅
I think she blocked me because she thought that my account was what she called a "troll" account. I only have instagram to follow people, i never post on it because i just don't want to but that mean that i have 0 post and 0 follower. This is the only reason i can see because i never interact with her. But if it is the reason it also shows how much time the girl is losing on insta to check every account that see her stories. And at that point she must have more accounts on her blocked list than she have followers 😂😂

Look a pic of Valterri with his lost twin 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Guys I had my first morning in my new job today and I could cry at how lovely everyone is and how exciting it is opening a new practice 😭😭 In such a good place right now!

I don’t know if he’s lost it in general, I think had he stayed at Renault, he’d be in a much better place and bring in results consistently especially given the performance of the car this year. I will never understand why he made that move. He had everything over there, including first driver status.
Something I often think about. I really loved Renault Daniel and the team seemed to adore him so much, I could punch his advisor. Also imagine the potential Aussie Daniel/Oscar pairing we could’ve had (timelines probs wouldn’t have added up but let me dream 😂).

• Heart
Reactions: 19
He's had long enough to adapt to the car. So that just can't be an excuse anymore. Daniel just has lost his edge. And unless he has the break clause right in his contract to walk early, 2023 will be his last at McLaren and maybe even F1. I can't see him leaving this year though. McLaren would also struggle to replace him as well.
obviously I don't know the details of their contracts or anything but I saw that in Indycar Felix just signed an extension with Mclaren but they haven't specified if he's going to stay in indy or move to their formula e team. I wonder if all of their drivers have this flexibility or what because I honestly think Daniel would excel in indycar but I mean who really knows 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Guys I had my first morning in my new job today and I could cry at how lovely everyone is and how exciting it is opening a new practice 😭😭 In such a good place right now!
I'm so happy for you! Nothing better than a workplace with a good atmosphere and lovely people to work at your best ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don't know if this was talked about yet but apparently Ferrari and Red Bull are running floors, that will be deemed illegal by the French GP. They flex too much, 6 mm, but it's not illegal right now - just a loophole. By France the new TD will come into play and they will need new floors that only flex 2 mm.
But those flexible floors give them a performance advantage because they generate more downforce. So if they can't compensate that, they might lose downforce and performance.
And, not to forget, Ferrari will probably also be one of the teams that will need to raise their ride height with the new TD. So who knows if and how the pecking order might be affected.

This could also be the reason why Ferrari and Red Bull were so vocal about not wanting the TD, because it would require more floor checks and they knew they had something good with their floors. Smart, loopholes are always good.

Mattia to the FIA rn
View attachment 1391284
I hadn’t seen this.
No wonder both teams are so against the new TD. Wonder how much time it will lose them and if it will close up the gap to them for merc more and the midfield.

Im all for technical innovation and interpreting the rules etc but this feels a bit beyond the line to me 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Yay, that's brilliant that everyone is lovely ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
obviously I don't know the details of their contracts or anything but I saw that in Indycar Felix just signed an extension with Mclaren but they haven't specified if he's going to stay in indy or move to their formula e team. I wonder if all of their drivers have this flexibility or what because I honestly think Daniel would excel in indycar but I mean who really knows 🤔
I think this is a Felix thing because they’re not sure if they will run a third car in Indy yet. If not, FE it is since he’s also got FE experience already. It is an amazing position to be in for Felix

I hadn’t seen this.
No wonder both teams are so against the new TD. Wonder how much time it will lose them and if it will close up the gap to them for merc more and the midfield.

Im all for technical innovation and interpreting the rules etc but this feels a bit beyond the line to me 🤷🏻‍♀️
I mean it’s just a loophole, it was smart to make use of that. Like Brawn in 2009 with the double diffuser. But it was mad how Ferrari and RB were one second quicker than everyone else anyway, with two completely different car concepts, guess that’s the reason then. If it’ll lose them as much as one second, I don’t think so - they’ll stay the championship protagonists, but at least teams like Mercedes and McLaren and Alpine could maybe have some fights with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ah I’m so incredibly happy to hear that Aidil!!!!! You deserve to be in a good place now after the tit it sounds like you had to deal with beforehand ❤❤

New thread time 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.