Formula 1 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Williams having a party with Wyclef, Shaggy and Robin Thicke. What year do they think it is?! Also feel like they need to be spending on the racing not the entertainment (although it will sit outside the cost cap I’m sure!)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Williams having a party with Wyclef, Shaggy and Robin Thicke. What year do they think it is?! Also feel like they need to be spending on the racing not the entertainment (although it will sit outside the cost cap I’m sure!)
i’ll allow the first two (just about) but robin thicke?! what year is it? didn’t his career divebomb in disgrace? agree they need to be watching their money!!

i did read that we’ll hear about the other williams seat this weekend and sargeant being on the paddock kinda leans towards that 🧐

edit, timing just saw this!

Reactions: 3
If the shoe was on the other foot and Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes etc breached the cost cap can you imagine what Horner would be like? But because its them he takes this holier than thou stance and brings mental health into it.

Reactions: 13
I’m just praying for some excitement this weekend. The last few have been boring.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If the shoe was on the other foot and Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes etc breached the cost cap can you imagine what Horner would be like? But because its them he takes this holier than thou stance and brings mental health into it.
Horner has been slinging tit and accusations at Ferrari and Mercedes endlessly the last few years, suddenly it's getting slung back and he can't handle it.

He's a weak, spinless, hypocrite.

Reactions: 16
So badly wanted more for Seb! Was lovely to see him back in the top spot for a while at least

Reactions: 11
What a race! Was very much hoping for Lewis on top but nonetheless it‘s great to see him near the top again.
Mick once again fucked by Haas and Vettel also such bad luck with that pit stop 🥺

Reactions: 9
Finally an exciting race again. I do think this season has missed the heat of actual competition, so let’s hope for that in 2023.

it was the best race for a while but i have to say my increasing bad feelings about red bull soured it a bit 🤦🏼‍♀️ how was perez able to continue with his front wing like that when kmag has been called in multiple times for lesser issues?! i did read that haas has asked for clarification from the fia on that and i would love to hear it. how did gasly end up with a penalty and points on his licence for something perez did a few races back and had the world’s longest deliberation of a penalty for?!

did love lewis and max basically commentating on each other for the final few laps 🤣 but the way that no one seems able to catch that red bull still fills me with dread for next season. can only hope toto ignores the budget cap like he said he would now 🤣

also, i have to say that a five second penalty for an offence like george’s seems too lax. if you cause a collision that basically ends the other driver’s race then your penalty should be more severe imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Agree with everything except the George comment @LaBlonde

To me it seemed like there really was not much he could have done to avoid Carlos without potentially causing an even bigger collision! I mean Norris (I think?) barely made it past them without crashing!

Reactions: 2
Agree with everything except the George comment @LaBlonde

To me it seemed like there really was not much he could have done to avoid Carlos without potentially causing an even bigger collision! I mean Norris (I think?) barely made it past them without crashing!
carlos has to take some degree of blame i agree, he was way too hesitant going into that turn, which you can’t do on literally the first turn of a grand prix when you’re on pole, but george had room and should have used it. he ultimately turned right on a left curved turn (and so into carlos), but he also probably wasn’t expecting carlos to be as cautious as he was. you have to be observant though and react to your surroundings (like lando did behind).

i take it back to some degree though as i see george went to apologise and has admitted fault so i’m sorry for using him as an example 🤣 it is just crazy that he gets five seconds for ending someone’s race when alonso has now had a 30 second penalty and dropped multiple positions for a dangerous car. it just doesn’t seem right and the penalties as a whole need to be looked at.

Last edited:
it was the best race for a while but i have to say my increasing bad feelings about red bull soured it a bit 🤦🏼‍♀️ how was perez able to continue with his front wing like that when kmag has been called in multiple times for lesser issues?! i did read that haas has asked for clarification from the fia on that and i would love to hear it. how did gasly end up with a penalty and points on his licence for something perez did a few races back and had the world’s longest deliberation of a penalty for?!

did love lewis and max basically commentating on each other for the final few laps 🤣 but the way that no one seems able to catch that red bull still fills me with dread for next season. can only hope toto ignores the budget cap like he said he would now 🤣

also, i have to say that a five second penalty for an offence like george’s seems too lax. if you cause a collision that basically ends the other driver’s race then your penalty should be more severe imo.
Gotta love Red Bull being so devastated their racist founder died that they can’t talk about the rules they broke but can throw a massive party for their championship win.

I don’t know how the FIA keep flexing rules for them but it really needs to stop.

Reactions: 11
Gotta love Red Bull being so devastated their racist founder died that they can’t talk about the rules they broke but can throw a massive party for their championship win.

I don’t know how the FIA keep flexing rules for them but it really needs to stop.
EXACTLY! like, “guys we’re too sad to talk about our rule breaking, let me just put on my branded cowboy hat and go drink some tequila”.

i don’t know how they keep getting away with it or what it means for future seasons really. i think we’re being set up for years of max dominance and i’m already bored of it. he’s a talented driver of course but his legacy so far already has a few ** by it for me.

(it’s hypocritical of me because i was fine with red bull winning when it was seb and/or daniel 🤣 their recent behaviour has just completely soured me)

We will see what happens to the businesses now that Mateschitz is gone. Let’s hope he made good succession plans. If his heirs don’t want to plough millions into formula 1, things could look very different in the paddock in the future. The profits the team make may not be enough to sustain this passion project.

Reactions: 2
We will see what happens to the businesses now that Mateschitz is gone. Let’s hope he made good succession plans. If his heirs don’t want to plough millions into formula 1, things could look very different in the paddock in the future. The profits the team make may not be enough to sustain this passion project.
Guess that would just pave the way for Audi to buy them. But yes, it could be a worrying time for the employees until they get some assurances.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.