Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I was reading something about how apparently the FIA wants to move it to April to avoid typhoon season and maybe get the chance of cherry blossom.

However apparently it's the organisers in Japan that don't want it to move. Not sure of the reason but speculation potentially that because it's at the back end of the season that championships could be decided there - as with today. All speculation however obviously!
ooh interesting! that does make sense with them wanting a later race - but i just feel like cherry blossom season would surely be a better choice and they’d be able to show off at their best, rather than there being always a high likelihood of heavy rain.

Reactions: 10

LaBlonde

VIP Member
i’m hoping we get some kind of alpine announcement soon! the rest of the grid is starting to slot together and i need to know 🧐 (and the other williams and haas seats of course!)

after this discussion in the last thread i think a seb and lewis podium is now be greatest wish for the remainder of this season. would be lovely to see them both there one last time before seb leaves :(

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
If Pierre has an alpine contract he can do the fuck he likes.
i would absolutely love if pierre just went full “i have no loyalty to you anymore red bull” and spent the first few laps blocking max 🤣

he definitely has the air this weekend of someone who knows he’s moving on to better things!

• Heart
  • Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Congrats to Max, I see twitter is alive with bitter tin foil hat wearers claiming it's a fix 😂. We didn't get up early for it this time, quite glad now!
i’m not a tin foil wearer (or i hope not anyway 🤣) but i can kinda see their points - a decision was made on a penalty in about two seconds when it took hours last week. no one seemed to know what restart procedure had been applied and how that meant that max got full points (even he didn’t seem to know). all very weird.

but to say it was a fix is a stretch! he was always going to win, whether this weekend or next weekend, so nothing has been fixed. it was just an odd race all around!

LaBlonde

VIP Member
toto was pretty amped up about this on sky a little earlier, and an interesting point:

Id be very much in favour of removing them from the constructors championship but not punishing the drivers championship (kind of the opposite of Michael Schuhmacher’s 1997 penalty )cos if it is RB, that will be a kick where it really hurts the most.
that definitely seems the fairest way, as ultimately the drivers obviously have no real influence on the budget but that would be such a strange tone when max then wins the wdc. i kinda feel for him, winning both his wdcs (so far) under a cloud of controversy but in different ways.

that’s assuming there’s truth to the rumours obviously but there’s been some incredibly strong stuff said so there must be some kind of evidence.

namenotavailable

Chatty Member
I know F1 is savage but has anyone checked to see if Nyck is OK? 😭 Poor lad.
---
But can't deny I'm delighted to see the honey badger back on the grid!

• Heart
I am so gonna miss Seb. I know the last few seasons have not been great for him but he did so well on his last race and got to ruin the tyres doing donuts on the tracks with the top 3! Enjoy the "retirement" and maybe Fernando is right 🙂

• Heart

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I thought it was shocking how easily some drivers let Max (and sometimes even others) overtake them during the last couple of races. Hardly any real blocking
Thing is trying to hold a car that you aren't racing and therefore damaging your own tyres more just isn't worth it for a lot of teams. It's a shame, but sadly the spread of car speeds results in it.

F1Grid

VIP Member
I don't like Danny Ric (controversial 😂 ) so I'm probably going to be more critical than most.

I think this is going to be career ending for him. He's required time to adapt in the Renault, and didn't adapt to the McLaren at all really. He's going into one of the worst cars on the grid, against a driver who's in his third year. The car has terrible brakes which has been an issue since the start of these new regs, with no sign of a fix on the horizon. When Gasly had the news he was finally escaping and started complaining about the car publicly, the brakes were his main target, and Yuki's continued to complain about them all through this year.

'Last of the late brakers' isn't going to do well IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Yep then really do need to look around and find a great talented boss and then also look towards the future and plan ahead
It's more than just a new team principal though because this is like three in a handful of years, the whole Ferrari culture needs to change and be allowed to change.

Reactions: 9