Formula 1 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s interesting, they have always had a lot of pundits. Johnny was basically never there last year. I won’t miss Paul.

Reactions: 4
Sad to see Johnny leaving but hallelujah no more Paul Di Resta! Today is a good day!
i will miss johnny! i don’t feel like we saw him much last year, but he always seemed to have good rapport with the drivers (the lando/carlos milk video and the kart racing with the rookies being two examples) - he always looked like he was having the best time!

he did get to be the person who told max he was world champion last season (however awkward it was!) so i guess that’s a nice note to leave on!

Reactions: 4
i will miss johnny! i don’t feel like we saw him much last year, but he always seemed to have good rapport with the drivers (the lando/carlos milk video and the kart racing with the rookies being two examples) - he always looked like he was having the best time!

he did get to be the person who told max he was world champion last season (however awkward it was!) so i guess that’s a nice note to leave on!
I’ll miss Johnny for sure. I feel like he spoke his mind rather than following the sky party line and he was one of few who spoke out about Abu Dhabi being such an unfair farce.
Will not miss PDR 😂😂😂

Does this mean the permanent return of barbie Nico from his lair?!

Reactions: 7
I’ll miss Johnny for sure. I feel like he spoke his mind rather than following the sky party line and he was one of few who spoke out about Abu Dhabi being such an unfair farce.
Will not miss PDR 😂😂😂

Yep agree I like Johnny, a bit daft but you need a laugh sometimes.
I seriously hope not about Nico. I just cannot like him as a pundit at all.

Reactions: 5
Yeah I liked Johnny too. Its a shame and a bit strange because everyone seemed to love him.

Will not miss PDR 😂😂😂

omg release nico from his lair!!!

i’m always in two minds about nico as a pundit in general. i enjoy the general air of chaos around him and that he doesn’t shy away from difficult questions, but he also seems to make some of the drivers uncomfortable and a few of them seem to actually dislike him (lewis obviously but george and lando have also been very frosty with him in the past). it always makes his interviews awkward 🤣

my favourite recent ex driver turned pundit is mark webber tbh. i would love sky to poach him. he’s always honest and has great observations. i enjoy the channel 4 coverage more overall though, just wish it was live!!!

Yeah I liked Johnny too. Its a shame and a bit strange because everyone seemed to love him.
Sky seem to be doing this getting rid of the older pundits or commentators. Which is wrong. Maybe Johnny was fed up of travelling but if it isn't his decision then Sky yet again have failed. They did this with cricket and some on football all for the younger generation. But those older ones have the experience and knowledge. Plus can talk about the older drivers dome might not know.

Reactions: 6
he definitely seemed to have taken a step back last season, which is a shame. i guess it’s a huge time commitment with the travelling and such so maybe it was just getting too much.

if sky lose ted though then they lose me as a viewer 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
he definitely seemed to have taken a step back last season, which is a shame. i guess it’s a huge time commitment with the travelling and such so maybe it was just getting too much.

Yes Ted is the best bit!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sky seem to be doing this getting rid of the older pundits or commentators. Which is wrong. Maybe Johnny was fed up of travelling but if it isn't his decision then Sky yet again have failed. They did this with cricket and some on football all for the younger generation. But those older ones have the experience and knowledge. Plus can talk about the older drivers dome might not know.
Thats so true regarding cricket and with the passing of Shane Warne the commentary is so dull.
Regarding Johnny the fact he came back from such a bad accident to win grand prix and have experience like you said means he has been there. He understands what the drivers are going through.
They tried to get rid of him. But the petition put an end to that. He’s awesome. I hope he talks about movie storylines again this season as it might mean no interviews from one particular garage!

Herbert and Di Resta deserved to go for what they said about Gasly in Suzuka. Chandhok with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We are going to Silverstone this year, it is ridiculously expensive, but we justify it by camping with the kids and making it our family holiday ☺.

I'm sad that Johnny isn't going to be a part of things this year, I wonder why that is? Agree that Ted would be a huge loss if he ever went, he's an absolute gem.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
omg release nico from his lair!!!

i’m always in two minds about nico as a pundit in general. i enjoy the general air of chaos around him and that he doesn’t shy away from difficult questions, but he also seems to make some of the drivers uncomfortable and a few of them seem to actually dislike him (lewis obviously but george and lando have also been very frosty with him in the past). it always makes his interviews awkward 🤣

my favourite recent ex driver turned pundit is mark webber tbh. i would love sky to poach him. he’s always honest and has great observations. i enjoy the channel 4 coverage more overall though, just wish it was live!!!
Mark Webber is great! I love the channel 4 pundits and coverage too. I wish they had the live rights still. Such a shame it went to sky. I used to love it on the BBC and C4.
@F1Grid good shout on Chandhok. He’s so far up Red Bull’s arse I’m sure he’s a paid employee.
I hope Jennie Gow is doing okay

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Mark Webber is great! I love the channel 4 pundits and coverage too. I wish they had the live rights still. Such a shame it went to sky. I used to love it on the BBC and C4.
@F1Grid good shout on Chandhok. He’s so far up Red Bull’s arse I’m sure he’s a paid employee.
I hope Jennie Gow is doing okay
the bbc coverage back in the day with jake humphrey and eddie jordan was the absolute best. i miss it and think of it whenever i hear “the chain” 😭

of the current coverage i absolutely agree that channel 4 is the best. i like steve a lot (and he’s 🔥 obviously 🤣) - he never tries to take over and has a genuine enthusiasm, and the pundits are all great. sky just takes itself so seriously sometimes.

Reactions: 9
the bbc coverage back in the day with jake humphrey and eddie jordan was the absolute best.

of the current coverage i absolutely agree that channel 4 is the best. i like steve a lot (and he’s 🔥 obviously 🤣) - he never tries to take over and has a genuine enthusiasm, and the pundits are all great. sky just takes itself so seriously sometimes.
Eddie Jordan was such a tit stirrer, knew a lot, and was good, but did annoy me at times.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.