Formula 1 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still crying but I just saw that Max got booed. Which I'm okay, booing always happened. But funny on this Seb final race: Seb used to be a little tit to deal with (and I loved him for it). In a few years, Max might develop into a fan favourite, who knows. If he manages to open his heart Chakra or just discover basic human decency lol.

Reactions: 3
I'm still crying but I just saw that Max got booed. Which I'm okay, booing always happened. But funny on this Seb final race: Seb used to be a little tit to deal with (and I loved him for it). In a few years, Max might develop into a fan favourite, who knows. If he manages to open his heart Chakra or just discover basic human decency lol.
seb always had decency at his core i think - like you say he was a brat sometimes and he could be petty and not always a good teammate but, in his heart, he is a good and kind person. racing just brought out some other stuff in him back in the day (as i think with a lot of drivers).

max, for me, doesn’t really have that. he also doesn’t have good people around him to encourage him to make a change. the longer people enable his behaviour the longer it will continue. it is interesting to think at what point a driver crosses the line from being able to redeem themselves into a favourite though. if there is a line then max is close to it 🤣

Reactions: 7
It annoyed me a bit how gushing Ferrari have been. He should have won at least one title with them if they hadn’t been so incompetent then they shoved him out the door and this weekend were praising him and giving him a signed chassis and I say this as a Ferrari fan but they do test me at times.

Reactions: 3
Screenshot_20221121_165919_Instagram.jpg

Nikita Mazepins latest Instagram post. I have never and will never like the guy but I credit him for this

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m surprised Latifi is not continuing as I thought he brought a lot of money with him.

Reactions: 2
I’m surprised Latifi is not continuing as I thought he brought a lot of money with him.
His results just speak for themselves, I can’t imagine he’ll get much close to F1. He’ll get something in sure but it won’t ever be in F1

Reactions: 6
Someone saying Williams are broke and need the money, if they were Latifi would've kept the seat. So I don't buy that.

Unless Williams are gonna piss off Haas and take all the brands thinking about sponsoring the American team and decide to sponsor the team with an American driver instead, even if they are both tit, one is less tit.

Reactions: 4
Damn, RB knows good pr strategy.

This is all damage control for Max being the most hated man on the track.

And if this a whole scheme to get him in Checo's seat, I'd be heartbroken for Checo. I know RB is knowingly ruthless but a bit of loyalty wouldn't hurt anyone.

Reactions: 8

And if this a whole scheme to get him in Checo's seat, I'd be heartbroken for Checo. I know RB is knowingly ruthless but a bit of loyalty wouldn't hurt anyone.
It’s crazy to me at how many people are all of a sudden defending RB now 🙄
14024E0E-7769-4293-9A84-9481D1C1067F.png

• Sad
  • Angry
It’s crazy to me at how many people are all of a sudden defending RB now 🙄
View attachment 1754909
He is going to be a show pony and do some Sim work. I’d nearly put my house on him never doing a race with Red Bull again except for extreme circumstances.

Max fans clutching at straws like “See see he’s so happy at red Bull, Maxiel, Christian Horner loves his drivers…”

I do feel this is a better fit for DR than going to Haas and toiling around at the back for another year. That wouldn’t help his confidence and on top of that there would be people saying it’s because he isn’t as good as he once was.
This way he can compare himself to Max and Checo and see how he lines up. Still keeps his name in the mix but is also given time to explore options outside of F1 if a full time race seat doesn’t free up anywhere he wants to go.

Isn’t Red Bull Ricciardo’s only way to stay in F1? No one else wants him. He’s older, hasn’t fulfilled his potential, and this year has been increasingly bitter. His mental health will not be helped by being in a toxic Red bull team dominated by a selfish toddler.

• Heart
He is going to be a show pony and do some Sim work. I’d nearly put my house on him never doing a race with Red Bull again except for extreme circumstances.

Max fans clutching at straws like “See see he’s so happy at red Bull, Maxiel, Christian Horner loves his drivers…”
exactly. they’re going to use him for marketing and social media. it also is a clear attempt to try and get people to soften on max, as max was often at his most affable with daniel - so i’m already preempting a bunch of daniel and max reunion content.

it’s such a strange decision. he doesn’t even really keep himself in other teams’ thoughts because he can’t actually do any of the young driver practices etc. unless he plans to show up to race weekends and desperately try to network.

i’m like a broken record but i’m sure there’s numerous teams outside f1 who would have been interested. he comes with great marketing potential and a dedicated fanbase, something like indycar or nascar would love him. if mclaren really did offer him an indycar seat i have no idea why he didn’t take it. i know his plan is obviously a year out and then back but…… back where? unless he’s hoping checo gets ousted.

• Heart

RB cannot spell loyalty. End of.

Look how CH talks about 1 driver, completely forgetting their past successful drivers.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.