Formula 1 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It annoyed me a bit how gushing Ferrari have been. He should have won at least one title with them if they hadn’t been so incompetent then they shoved him out the door and this weekend were praising him and giving him a signed chassis and I say this as a Ferrari fan but they do test me at times.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Screenshot_20221121_165919_Instagram.jpg


Nikita Mazepins latest Instagram post. I have never and will never like the guy but I credit him for this
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m surprised Latifi is not continuing as I thought he brought a lot of money with him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I’m surprised Latifi is not continuing as I thought he brought a lot of money with him.
His results just speak for themselves, I can’t imagine he’ll get much close to F1. He’ll get something in sure but it won’t ever be in F1
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
I’m surprised Latifi is not continuing as I thought he brought a lot of money with him.
Someone saying Williams are broke and need the money, if they were Latifi would've kept the seat. So I don't buy that.

Unless Williams are gonna piss off Haas and take all the brands thinking about sponsoring the American team and decide to sponsor the team with an American driver instead, even if they are both tit, one is less tit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Damn, RB knows good pr strategy.

This is all damage control for Max being the most hated man on the track.



And if this a whole scheme to get him in Checo's seat, I'd be heartbroken for Checo. I know RB is knowingly ruthless but a bit of loyalty wouldn't hurt anyone.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Damn, RB knows good pr strategy.

This is all damage control for Max being the most hated man on the track.



And if this a whole scheme to get him in Checo's seat, I'd be heartbroken for Checo. I know RB is knowingly ruthless but a bit of loyalty wouldn't hurt anyone.
It’s crazy to me at how many people are all of a sudden defending RB now 🙄
14024E0E-7769-4293-9A84-9481D1C1067F.png
 
  • Sad
  • Like
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
It’s crazy to me at how many people are all of a sudden defending RB now 🙄
View attachment 1754909
He is going to be a show pony and do some Sim work. I’d nearly put my house on him never doing a race with Red Bull again except for extreme circumstances.

Max fans clutching at straws like “See see he’s so happy at red Bull, Maxiel, Christian Horner loves his drivers…”
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
I do feel this is a better fit for DR than going to Haas and toiling around at the back for another year. That wouldn’t help his confidence and on top of that there would be people saying it’s because he isn’t as good as he once was.
This way he can compare himself to Max and Checo and see how he lines up. Still keeps his name in the mix but is also given time to explore options outside of F1 if a full time race seat doesn’t free up anywhere he wants to go.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Isn’t Red Bull Ricciardo’s only way to stay in F1? No one else wants him. He’s older, hasn’t fulfilled his potential, and this year has been increasingly bitter. His mental health will not be helped by being in a toxic Red bull team dominated by a selfish toddler.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
He is going to be a show pony and do some Sim work. I’d nearly put my house on him never doing a race with Red Bull again except for extreme circumstances.

Max fans clutching at straws like “See see he’s so happy at red Bull, Maxiel, Christian Horner loves his drivers…”
exactly. they’re going to use him for marketing and social media. it also is a clear attempt to try and get people to soften on max, as max was often at his most affable with daniel - so i’m already preempting a bunch of daniel and max reunion content.

it’s such a strange decision. he doesn’t even really keep himself in other teams’ thoughts because he can’t actually do any of the young driver practices etc. unless he plans to show up to race weekends and desperately try to network.

i’m like a broken record but i’m sure there’s numerous teams outside f1 who would have been interested. he comes with great marketing potential and a dedicated fanbase, something like indycar or nascar would love him. if mclaren really did offer him an indycar seat i have no idea why he didn’t take it. i know his plan is obviously a year out and then back but…… back where? unless he’s hoping checo gets ousted.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Damn, RB knows good pr strategy.

This is all damage control for Max being the most hated man on the track.



And if this a whole scheme to get him in Checo's seat, I'd be heartbroken for Checo. I know RB is knowingly ruthless but a bit of loyalty wouldn't hurt anyone.
RB cannot spell loyalty. End of.

Look how CH talks about 1 driver, completely forgetting their past successful drivers.
 
  • Sad
  • Like
Reactions: 2
RB have only ever cared about their number 1 driver and this was the only move for Daniel to make. He's an older driver whose stats aren't exactly much to right home about and this year hasn't been a highlight. Checo in contrast has had his best season in F1. I don't think we'll see Daniel back in a lead driver line up. For me Renault dropping hulkenberg was his chance to shine it didn't really happen. Then again I'm puzzled by Hulkenberg being back
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
RB have only ever cared about their number 1 driver and this was the only move for Daniel to make. He's an older driver whose stats aren't exactly much to right home about and this year hasn't been a highlight. Checo in contrast has had his best season in F1. I don't think we'll see Daniel back in a lead driver line up. For me Renault dropping hulkenberg was his chance to shine it didn't really happen. Then again I'm puzzled by Hulkenberg being back
i will never understand why he (daniel) left renault tbh. i wonder if he regrets it, though i guess he had no clue how much he would struggle with the mclaren. it’s the only move to make in terms of his apparent desperate need to stay in f1, but i wonder how it will really go in the end. ch basically said they intend to use him for marketing when max and checo are too “busy” - can that truly be what he wants?! i hope he gets what he wants to out of it but idk.

hulkenberg makes no sense to me either, but i can only assume haas got impatient with mick. i still don’t see what more they think he has to offer though!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.