Formula 1 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah there was something about Mick going to Mercs as reserve driver so maybe after Sir Lewis retires if he can wait that long. Where that leaves Ocon who seems happy at Alpine who knows
he wouldn’t need to wait for lewis to retire to be the reserve though, would he? or do you mean potentially waiting for his seat?

that merc seat (as and when lewis retires) will be an interesting one, especially given the number of other drivers whose contracts are up on the 2025/2026 mark. i’m not sure if ocon has evolved past merc really, or that he would certainly feel loyal to alpine at this point.

Reactions: 3
he wouldn’t need to wait for lewis to retire to be the reserve though, would he? or do you mean potentially waiting for his seat?

that merc seat (as and when lewis retires) will be an interesting one, especially given the number of other drivers whose contracts are up on the 2025/2026 mark. i’m not sure if ocon has evolved past merc really, or that he would certainly feel loyal to alpine at this point.
Wonder whether Mercedes would look at Lando if McLaren aren't delivering for him when Lewis retires? Or whether they want a more Bottas-esque No.2 again.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
20221118_145931.jpg

His little tiny suit 🥺 Damn, I love people with purpose and high achievers. Imagine starting to work on your dream as young as them. I love racing, this season sucked on so many levels but I still love it so much (maybe we're the masochist lmao).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Wonder whether Mercedes would look at Lando if McLaren aren't delivering for him when Lewis retires? Or whether they want a more Bottas-esque No.2 again.
I was convinced DeVries would position into no2 seat eventually but now who knows?

Please not Lando!
(Unpopular opinion I know)

I think they’ll go for Estaban. Or maybe one of their juniors? Depends how much longer Lewis goes for

Reactions: 4
i wonder!

i think they’re lining george up for their new number one so i think their preference would definitely be a bottas style second driver, like you say. from the current options, i don’t know who that would be or who would be prepared to do it. nyck maybe, eventually?

Please not Lando!
(Unpopular opinion I know)

I think they’ll go for Estaban. Or maybe one of their juniors? Depends how much longer Lewis goes for
i could see them calling on esteban but it really depends on if he’s willing to be second to george imo. how it goes with pierre at alpine will be vital for him long term i think, especially if things became as toxic between them and their families as it apparently did.

Reactions: 3
i wonder!

i think they’re lining george up for their new number one so i think their preference would definitely be a bottas style second driver, like you say. from the current options, i don’t know who that would be or who would be prepared to do it. nyck maybe, eventually?

i could see them calling on esteban but it really depends on if he’s willing to be second to george imo. how it goes with pierre at alpine will be vital for him long term i think, especially if things became as toxic between them and their families as it apparently did.
What happened between Gasly and Ocon's families?

Yep waiting for Sir Lewis' seat to become empty.
Although another empty seat after next year could be at RB with Perez maybe bowing out. Nothing to do with the recent drama. Ferrari more than likely will stay with Charles and Sainz unless something drastic happens during next year.

Reactions: 1
What happened between Gasly and Ocon's families?
like with a lot of the pierre and esteban stuff, it’s a little shrouded in mystery but it’s been publicly reported that alpine have advised the gaslys and ocons cannot be in the paddock on the same race weekends.

there were lots of reports online saying that pierre and esteban were both going for funding at the same time (when younger) and it became very nasty and underhand between them all. i think the reports were actually that the gaslys overstepped the mark somehow (and maybe impacted esteban’s funding, though the reports on that are ridiculous in what pierre’s mother is claimed to have done) but esteban also apparently caused a number of crashes during this period in what they thought was an attempt to impact pierre. either way, they hate each other and i don’t think it’s a snarky kind of rivalry either, like there’s genuinely a lot of past drama there.

who knows how it will genuinely play out, and i’m guessing alpine are hopeful it will work itself out because they were friends once but they were still cropping each other out of group photos only a year ago so 🤣

Yep waiting for Sir Lewis' seat to become empty.
Although another empty seat after next year could be at RB with Perez maybe bowing out. Nothing to do with the recent drama. Ferrari more than likely will stay with Charles and Sainz unless something drastic happens during next year.
if i were checo i would be running a mile from
red bull tbh 🤣 i don’t know if that second seat is an attractive proposition for any driver, but i do wonder if that’s daniel’s long term plan. i could certainly see max making a case for him.

the big thing with ferrari for me is if charles and carlos want to stay, they both have a lot of soul searching to do (for different reasons) after this season i think.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Oh bless there is a video on one of Sebs fan pages, showing Mick on the pit wall waving at Seb and then shows Seb waving back to Mick. So damn cute 😍 🥰😍
I am so gonna be bawling on Sunday 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I heard the second seat when Lewis goes is going to Pierre…. So who knows

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Friends,
Easy answer is Lewis isn’t going to retire for another 15 years. He’s going nowhere.
You are welcome. HaloGirl 💋

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.