Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Welshgal

VIP Member
I am still hoping for a Sunday miracle. Don’t even care who wins as long as it’s not a RB driver (fine I’m ok with Checo winning).

Reactions: 7

Vanelope

VIP Member
Not fussed about Ricciardo, his time has passed and he was really stroppy and annoying last time he was a driver. Teams need to look forward not back, not everyone is an Alonso.

• Heart

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Against their will? So why was she there if not interested? She is a public figure. Maybe "her team" should put up bug placards "do not talk to this famous person" 🙄
Exactly.
Disappointing response from Alfa Romeo. It is a simple rule - anyone who is invited onto the grid needs to do press. She strikes me as thick as mince. Probably followed Ferrari all race thinking she was invited by them.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I don’t think fining a team for spending too much is the way forward - you spent so much we are going to charge you extra money. It seems counter productive.
I think the figure has to come off the following years budget so if the cap is £145m and you spend £155 then the next year your team can only spend £135.
The FIA need to be quicker at monitoring it and revealing who spent what though as that’s hard to enforce with only a handful of races left.
It's hard for them to be quicker, because it's essentially auditing 10 full year account for a business. That's a lot to go through. Like any business getting audited, it doesn't happen quickly.

But I agree it should deduct from future allowed budget, also points deductions which should be harsh big deductions.

Lola123

VIP Member
The wags thread is something else. I once posted and felt like I’d been shot down, they were like we knew this ages ago…..

• Haha

Raquencha

Chatty Member
Why do I never believe food poisoning stories. I’m sure it’s totally true but always seems to be the excuse people use to get out of stuff or cover up stuff 🤣
Not ready for Seb to leave. Wish he was carrying on the second half of his career has been such a disappointment because of the cars letting him down.

HaloGirl

VIP Member
I think it’s piss poor that Sergio Perez has won it pending an investigation. Why can’t the race officials delay the trophy ceremony by ten minutes to make a decision? This isn’t the first time they have done this. Also, the race was really boring.

Do we think Carola is somewhere wondering what his excuse will be this time after his “celebrations”?
You took the words out of my mouth!

LaBlonde

VIP Member
this clip is doing the rounds all over twitter. i’m not going to pretend to understand car noises so won’t comment though 🤣

even if he DID, imo he gained little by it and max just comes across as full of spite for sitting on it for so long and using it as leverage on the one time the team asked him to do something for checo.

FormulinoTheCat

20220930_173917.jpg

This is what Sky had on after the practice.
I would imagine they could be applied retrospectively.
It looks like both Driver and Constructors could be deducted

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I'm still crying but I just saw that Max got booed. Which I'm okay, booing always happened. But funny on this Seb final race: Seb used to be a little shit to deal with (and I loved him for it). In a few years, Max might develop into a fan favourite, who knows. If he manages to open his heart Chakra or just discover basic human decency lol.
seb always had decency at his core i think - like you say he was a brat sometimes and he could be petty and not always a good teammate but, in his heart, he is a good and kind person. racing just brought out some other stuff in him back in the day (as i think with a lot of drivers).

max, for me, doesn’t really have that. he also doesn’t have good people around him to encourage him to make a change. the longer people enable his behaviour the longer it will continue. it is interesting to think at what point a driver crosses the line from being able to redeem themselves into a favourite though. if there is a line then max is close to it 🤣

LaBlonde

VIP Member
What happened between Gasly and Ocon's families?
like with a lot of the pierre and esteban stuff, it’s a little shrouded in mystery but it’s been publicly reported that alpine have advised the gaslys and ocons cannot be in the paddock on the same race weekends.

there were lots of reports online saying that pierre and esteban were both going for funding at the same time (when younger) and it became very nasty and underhand between them all. i think the reports were actually that the gaslys overstepped the mark somehow (and maybe impacted esteban’s funding, though the reports on that are ridiculous in what pierre’s mother is claimed to have done) but esteban also apparently caused a number of crashes during this period in what they thought was an attempt to impact pierre. either way, they hate each other and i don’t think it’s a snarky kind of rivalry either, like there’s genuinely a lot of past drama there.

who knows how it will genuinely play out, and i’m guessing alpine are hopeful it will work itself out because they were friends once but they were still cropping each other out of group photos only a year ago so 🤣

Yep waiting for Sir Lewis' seat to become empty.
Although another empty seat after next year could be at RB with Perez maybe bowing out. Nothing to do with the recent drama. Ferrari more than likely will stay with Charles and Sainz unless something drastic happens during next year.
if i were checo i would be running a mile from
red bull tbh 🤣 i don’t know if that second seat is an attractive proposition for any driver, but i do wonder if that’s daniel’s long term plan. i could certainly see max making a case for him.

the big thing with ferrari for me is if charles and carlos want to stay, they both have a lot of soul searching to do (for different reasons) after this season i think.

• Wow

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Can you imagine the publicity for Williams if they took a punt on a Chadwick? I mean, what have they really got to lose?
honestly, if i was in charge of williams i totally would. she’s a class above everyone in w series and deserves a shot. it’s time a female driver actually had a shot in the “modern” era (i know we’ve had two i think before but it’s too long).
But it's a huge jump to go from W-Series, which is F4 level of car to F1. People saying that Williams should give her a run out, it's a huge step up, that she would probably sink rather than swim. Which is why she does need to go F3/F2 first.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I so hope this is true just so he can fight back.
I know why they don't fight, just wish they wouldn't just let Max past as easy (it's honestly more Fernando like compare how he defended against Lewis last year while alpine was far less competitive compared to this year)
Fernando defending against Lewis is just because of 2007 though. He's still bitter.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I don't like Danny Ric (controversial 😂 ) so I'm probably going to be more critical than most.

I think this is going to be career ending for him. He's required time to adapt in the Renault, and didn't adapt to the McLaren at all really. He's going into one of the worst cars on the grid, against a driver who's in his third year. The car has terrible brakes which has been an issue since the start of these new regs, with no sign of a fix on the horizon. When Gasly had the news he was finally escaping and started complaining about the car publicly, the brakes were his main target, and Yuki's continued to complain about them all through this year.

'Last of the late brakers' isn't going to do well IMO.
See I like Daniel as a person, outside of F1.

But as a driver, either his ego is bigger than his neck, with his comments about not driving for anything but a top team.

Or he's just shit because he couldn't adapt after 2 years to the McLaren, and he was slow to get going at Renault. AT is going to be another tractor of a car and if Yuki shows him up, it's game over for Daniel. But honestly, I think it was game over after McLaren sacked him. This is just good PR for Red Bull, saving a popular drivers giving him a chance and effectively letting him hang himself and his career finally by being shit in the car. And a little bit of me kinda hopes he does flop at AT.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
i’m still here 👋🏻 (struggling to find an f1 “home” with these threads!)

i sadly don’t listen to many f1 related podcasts, i find so many of the presenters annoying 🤣 i’m interested to see what other people listen to though because i love a podcast, just have never found the “right” f1 one.
I'm not interested in the WAGs, except for WAG1. But still follow wag thread, chatter thread gets my heart these days, and my thirst, but WAGs still gets my thirst as well.

This thread was always very slow and more about the actual F1. It's like none are perfect, but I can't leave any of them. 😆 You'd all miss me too much if I abandoned a thread.

• Heart

Lucia

VIP Member
he looks so shaken up :(

it’s insane that this happened. carlos’ crash in those conditions could have been awful too. why tf would you have heavy machinery and marshals out there on the track while the drivers are there?! they never learn anything! but will sit and write whole rule books about jewellery.
Pierre looked incredibly shaken up. That tractor shouldn't of been on track end of. The track should of also considered the safety of the marshalls. This could of resulted in a massive incident with fatalities. The track should of been cleared before any of that

• Sad

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Is DR a masochist?!?
why would he go back?!?!? i truly don’t understand it - plus he will be completely out of sight out of mind as he won’t get the young driver practices etc. going to merc would have been an odd decision but at least that’s a different type of team, going back to red bull is so strange. though i guess it feels familiar to him.

do we think mick is getting that merc third driver spot now though?

MouthFullOfFangs

I have always thought he was reckless verging on dangerous - expecting everyone to yield when he did these dangerous passing manoeuvres - and my opinion has just gone further south. Horner and Marko have responsibility of enabling him- as well as his father’s influence - but I wonder if this tantrum/selfish behaviour will start his decline. He hold grudges, he won’t do drive to survive, he fights with the press, he undermines his team principal in public, he backstabs his teammate, he deliberately tries to take out Lewis and admits it. He’s got two asterisked world titles and thinks he’s untouchable. Is that good for F1 or just good for Max?
Funny how he didn't want to do drive to survive because he didn't like the way he way being protrayed. That's out the window now 😂

• Haha