Formula 1 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
has there been any further update on alex? it’s great to see zhou’s instagram post but i’m a little concerned that we haven’t heard much more on how alex is doing.

Reactions: 6
Did you see Teds notebook with Mick running over to the fans with champagne? 😫What a race to be at. All 4 of my fav drivers in the points & my Carlos 1st

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What a race! And we were there!

We knew very little about Zhou. It was actually my dad who told me what had happened as he was watching on C4. Once Zhou was out they showed replays, and I felt a bit sick. Knew nothing of protestors either til we got back to the hotel.

I need a lie down after that race
Took us nearly 1.5hours to get back to Milton Keynes, went straight for food and as soon as I'd finished eating genuinely felt drunk (zero alcohol consumed). Think I was physically and mentally exhausted! We'd been at the track since 8am, so was a looooing day.

Reactions: 13
What a race! And we were there!

We knew very little about Zhou. It was actually my dad who told me what had happened as he was watching on C4. Once Zhou was out they showed replays, and I felt a bit sick. Knew nothing of protestors either til we got back to the hotel.

Took us nearly 1.5hours to get back to Milton Keynes, went straight for food and as soon as I'd finished eating genuinely felt drunk (zero alcohol consumed). Think I was physically and mentally exhausted! We'd been at the track since 8am, so was a looooing day.
I was also there - had been there all weekend, what a race! Like you I was getting better updates about Zhou from a friend watching at home than we were able to get at the track. Whereabouts did you sit? We were on the final corner and got to see the Lewis overtake on Checo and Charles (which unfortunately didn’t stick). Electric atmosphere!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I need some info some the peeps in the know. I want, I need to go to Silverstone next year!!! We have a kitted out VW camper with awning and it would make sense to go down in that and stay near the track. Anyone got the low down on when to book, best website to use and what we might expect to pay? I saw there's the new Hilton but I might need to re-mortgage the house to stay there. I've heard stories about people staying a wee bit further away and it being a nightmare for traffic to get to the track, so I want to strike a balance of (reasonably, I know its still extortionate) cost effective accommodation and being near the track.

Reactions: 2
I need some info some the peeps in the know. I want, I need to go to Silverstone next year!!! We have a kitted out VW camper with awning and it would make sense to go down in that and stay near the track. Anyone got the low down on when to book, best website to use and what we might expect to pay? I saw there's the new Hilton but I might need to re-mortgage the house to stay there. I've heard stories about people staying a wee bit further away and it being a nightmare for traffic to get to the track, so I want to strike a balance of (reasonably, I know its still extortionate) cost effective accommodation and being near the track.
We've always stayed on the Woodlands campsite next to the circuit, wouldn't stay anywhere else now! Can't recall off the top of my head how much it is but I think tickets go on sale tomorrow for it 🙂

Reactions: 1
I was also there - had been there all weekend, what a race! Like you I was getting better updates about Zhou from a friend watching at home than we were able to get at the track. Whereabouts did you sit? We were on the final corner and got to see the Lewis overtake on Checo and Charles (which unfortunately didn’t stick). Electric atmosphere!
We sit at Woodcote B. The energy from the crowd was amazing. Not a Lewis fan, but he did great!

Can't comment about camping but we've stayed in different places. This time was Travelodge in Milton Keynes, took us 1.5 hours to get back there, though that was definitely quicker than the previous two times when it took nearly an hour to just get out of the car park! Just checked and it cost us £120 for two nights.

ETA we only go for raceday.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.