• Pierre Gasly

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Daniel Ricciardo

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The new season has started. Charles Leclerc is leading the drivers standings. Ferrari are top of the constructors. Mercedes have a lot to do. K Mag returned to F1 and got more points in his first two races than Haas got in 2021. Checo got his first pole. Max won the Saudi GP. Seb is starting his season in Australia. There’s going to be a Vegas race in 2023. And where is @Rubythefirebat - we miss you.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
You wouldn't think Max won last weekend whinging more than a toddler. Russell is out performing Lewis though Merc and Merc powered cars are all struggling. K mag is smashing it and I'm here for it

Reactions: 11
hello new thread!

as a charles fan i would like to immediately stop the count on that poll 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I actually don't mind who wins the title thus year just want it won fairly. Not aiming that at anyone btw.
Dreaming would love my faves to win Seb or Pierre but very doubtful. George not sure he'll be allowed tbh as this could be Lewis's last season who knows. Could be a 4 way battle, Lewis, max, Charles and ......

Reactions: 9
I actually don't mind who wins the title thus year just want it won fairly. Not aiming that at anyone btw.
Dreaming would love my faves to win Seb or Pierre but very doubtful. George not sure he'll be allowed tbh as this could be Lewis's last season who knows. Could be a 4 way battle, Lewis, max, Charles and ......
i would add carlos to the battle; charles obviously has the measure of the car at the moment but it’s only a matter of time before carlos catches him up, and he’s been so underrated for so long.

i truly don’t know what to make of lewis yet. i haven’t seen him so despondent about the state of the car for a while: there’s still so much time left though and he’s too good to stay as he is.

Reactions: 10
I voted Daniel but its a pipe dream! I am hopefully going to Monza this year. McLaren better have improved their performance by then as I want a repeat of 2021 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I agree, not that bothered who wins. Would prefer Max as I'm a fan of him and although he won last year don't feel like it was won in the correct way and would like to see him win in a more 'fair' way
Regardless, I just want to see a good championship battle with lots of good races, so I'd be happy as well seeing someone else win overall

Also would like to see some more people get their first race wins (George and Carlos in particular) and I'd like Haas to get a podium this year (I think they probably can if a race goes their way)

Reactions: 4
i would add carlos to the battle; charles obviously has the measure of the car at the moment but it’s only a matter of time before carlos catches him up, and he’s been so underrated for so long.

i truly don’t know what to make of lewis yet. i haven’t seen him so despondent about the state of the car for a while: there’s still so much time left though and he’s too good to stay as he is.
You see I thought Carlos but I can see Ferrari wanting Charles to win it more. They certainly showed that with Seb as his partner in the driver line up.
Yeah with Lewis it's uncertain as the car is the issue atm. But said many tines he is a born fighter so will battle.

I agree, not that bothered who wins. Would prefer Max as I'm a fan of him and although he won last year don't feel like it was won in the correct way and would like to see him win in a more 'fair' way
Regardless, I just want to see a good championship battle with lots of good races, so I'd be happy as well seeing someone else win overall

Also would like to see some more people get their first race wins (George and Carlos in particular) and I'd like Haas to get a podium this year (I think they probably can if a race goes their way)
Can you imagine if Haas got on the podium Gunther will be a nightmare esp with his swearing 🤬 😂🤣 now definitely would love to see Mick on the podium equally as much as Kevin. Mick has so much on his young shoulders bless him.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Can you imagine if Haas got on the podium Gunther will be a nightmare esp with his swearing 🤬 😂🤣 now definitely would love to see Mick on the podium equally as much as Kevin. Mick has so much on his young shoulders bless him.
i think we can all agree that gunther is already the winner of the season 🤣

i truly think i’ll cry when mick eventually gets a podium, so much pressure and he seems such a lovely guy.

• Heart
i think we can all agree that gunther is already the winner of the season 🤣

i truly think i’ll cry when mick eventually gets a podium, so much pressure and he seems such a lovely guy.
Gunther is definitely the Team Principal winner of the year! Unless Toto takes his shirt off then the Toto fans will go nuts! 🤣
Yeah I think I will too such a sweetheart and looks up to Seb. Oh dream podium them 2 and Pierre 😋😍🥰🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So yet again Karen hs to bring up stories about Danny Ric to make the way he was treated justified. Who can blame him for turning down a deal as he doesn't want to be treated as the 2nd driver.
Isn't he kind of 2nd driver at McLaren? 🤔
It seems they are investing in Lando as their future given the new 4 yr contract. Admittedly, perhaps DR gets treated more equally at McLaren but that may shift if Lando continues to outperform him this year.

Reactions: 5
It seems they are investing in Lando as their future given the new 4 yr contract. Admittedly, perhaps DR gets treated more equally at McLaren but that may shift if Lando continues to outperform him this year.
i would say he is. lando is definitely the mclaren darling (to be fair, as a team i could see that you would invest more in your younger driver) - being the red bull second driver is a completely thankless task, and probably always has been, as they don’t hide that they very much have a number one driver (vettel and webber being a great example).

dr is in a weird middle ground as a driver sadly, and i say this as a fan of him. he never really got the full chance at red bull because they always favoured the younger driver they were putting all their effort into, and i think he’s in a similar position at mclaren now (albeit maybe a more appreciative vibe!)

i wonder what would have happened if he’d stuck with renault/alpine and that partnership with ocon tbh.

I agree Lando is definitely no1 driver. Daniel was definitely second at RB I think he was more on the level at Renault and managed to secure his seat after hulk was let go. He's had potential but wrong teams to really pursue anything

I agree Lando is definitely no1 driver. Daniel was definitely second at RB I think he was more on the level at Renault and managed to secure his seat after hulk was let go. He's had potential but wrong teams to really pursue anything
this is exactly it. i fear that pierre (as much as i like him) is going to spend his career in a similar position.

Well yeah but also he foes have some input at McLaren at RB not sure he did. Lando will be more involved as they see him staying there for years so the future.

Reactions: 1
I think Daniel probably came into McLaren with equal driver status, Lando still young and Daniel very experienced.

But after last year, Daniel never really got the hang of the car, Lando shone as well. McLaren put their eggs into Lando's basket and he effectively won first driver status.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.