Formula 1 #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They really have to get rid of Stroll, surely Lawrence can see that he's ruining his investment in Aston. Poor Alonso is carrying the entire team

Reactions: 4
I'll be very surprised if Checo is still in that seat by the end of 2024. I really do think its the only reason they've given the AT seat to Danny Ric - they want to see how he performs against Yuki. If he does well then they'll promote him to RB if Checo is still underperforming, and put Lawson in AT.

Reactions: 6
Definitely think RB’s dream scenario is to stick Danny back in Checo’s seat. But I also have my doubts as to whether Danny is good enough, and I think it’ll become clear in the coming races when he’s back.

Red Bull have the advantage this time that most drivers have no contract for 25 yet. It’s just Merc and McLaren who’ve tied theirs up. Gasly and Albon both have options for 25 but aren’t yet extended. So they can go and have a chat with almost anyone that they fancy…

Reactions: 5
Definitely think RB’s dream scenario is to stick Danny back in Checo’s seat. But I also have my doubts as to whether Danny is good enough, and I think it’ll become clear in the coming races when he’s back.

Red Bull have the advantage this time that most drivers have no contract for 25 yet. It’s just Merc and McLaren who’ve tied theirs up. Gasly and Albon both have options for 25 but aren’t yet extended. So they can go and have a chat with almost anyone that they fancy…
Ooh, a silly season where I don't have to feel the stress as a McLaren fan. Finally. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ooh, a silly season where I don't have to feel the stress as a McLaren fan. Finally. 😆
Hoping they get some balls and pick up Alonso. Give Max some real mental stress - not sure whether Alonso can outrace him but he can definitely cause a bit of tit to entertain us.

Reactions: 7
Haha! Just the stress of whether they can keep this rate of development up. I am hoping so hard that Lando gets his first win soon!
If anyone can break the Red Bull dominance at the moment, McLaren feel like the team to do it, excluding one off weekends like Singapore, but generally speaking. So I have every hope for Lando to finally get his first win so I can put the heartbreak of Sochi behind me to never think about again.

So I read somewhere red bull still some ties to Alex? And they didn’t fully let him go? And they had to agree to the contract at Williams but I don’t know how legit that is
I think lando might get the red bull seat for 2025 despite the fact he’s locked in to McLaren for the end of that year.
For some reason I can see Alex being at Mercedes with George when Hamilton goes
But the end of 2024 is gonna be another silly season (I quite enjoy them ngl)

Reactions: 1
So I read somewhere red bull still some ties to Alex? And they didn’t fully let him go? And they had to agree to the contract at Williams but I don’t know how legit that is
I think lando might get the red bull seat for 2025 despite the fact he’s locked in to McLaren for the end of that year.
I wasn't sure about if he'd "fully left" the Red Bull team but he had apparently. But yeah in the future him and George at Mercs would be great. Maybe by that time Mercs would have git the arses back in the fast lane and all issues gone and red Bull might have had a few issues head their way 😉

Attachments

He's fully left them now, they had the option on him for this year but didn't use it, and Williams contracted him fully because RB didn't use the option.

I can't see Lando going to RB. He's declined them three times now, and renewed with McLaren instead.

He's fully left them now, they had the option on him for this year but didn't use it, and Williams contracted him fully because RB didn't use the option.

I can't see Lando going to RB. He's declined them three times now, and renewed with McLaren instead.
I think Lando might have listened to Alex about RB and seen what's happened to others. He is number 1 at McLaren and they are doing pretty well so far after a poor start. He knows McLaren will do as much as possible to keep him happy. Oscar will be a good teammate and push him so the desire to improve and keep improving will push Lando all the way. Plus why would he want to leave?

I think Lando might have listened to Alex about RB and seen what's happened to others. He is number 1 at McLaren and they are doing pretty well so far after a poor start. He knows McLaren will do as much as possible to keep him happy. Oscar will be a good teammate and push him so the desire to improve and keep improving will push Lando all the way. Plus why would he want to leave?
While Max is there, there is no incentive for a top driver to go to Red Bull, because you're going into Max's team.

Reactions: 5
While Max is there, there is no incentive for a top driver to go to Red Bull, because you're going into Max's team.
Yup, it's where careers go to die. If you're happy being Max's number two and are content with getting the odd win here and there then it would probably work out, but anyone with a hope of getting a WDC won't go to Red Bull, which is why I can't see Lando ever going there.

Agreed. I don’t think Max will carry on much longer though, the second that car has a season where it’s not the clear best I think he’ll announce retirement from F1.

That’s when things will get very interesting…

Reactions: 3
Agreed. I don’t think Max will carry on much longer though, the second that car has a season where it’s not the clear best I think he’ll announce retirement from F1.

That’s when things will get very interesting…
You think so? He does seem very obsessed with being a driver. Plus he is still pretty young. But hey you never know if the RB dream stalwarts to crumble if Christian might bugger off. 🫰

I can’t see Max hanging around in a car at the back of the grid like Bottas is doing and Kimi did (to be honest I’m not sure I know why either of them have done it) If Red Bull do drop back I think he’ll be off
I’m also not sure he’d do another category like Indy or Formula E or become a pundit so I don’t know how he’d spend retirement