Formula 1 #10

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like this is the only place I can say this, but I had quite the dream involving Pierre Gasly last night ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
The only one who sticks his neck on the line for anything, the sport will be missing him when heโ€™s gone.
If Seb was around heโ€™d support as well. Itโ€™s a shame maybe some of the other long term drivers havenโ€™t said anything, Fernando & Valtteri for example

Reactions: 5
Valtteri is so cool! He just gets better the longer he is in Australia

Reactions: 4
Oof yeah, I understand it's for the good of the team (Alex has shown to be the better/more consistent driver) but that's gotta sting

Reactions: 8
Yeah thatโ€™s a tough conversation to have with Logan. Talk about knock his confidence, his own team donโ€™t have faith in him

Reactions: 7
Horrible for Logan. Vowles has basically said 'this guy's tit and we have no faith' to the entire world, which is potentially career ending.

It's a poisoned chalice for Alex. If he doesn't score points, and I think it's unlikely he does in that car this weekend, then he's got a target right on his back. We'll also have to see how he performs without Logan's performance to flatter him, we know the Williams isn't the worst car on the grid (Alpines have that covered and the Stake also seems tit) so will he actually look any good without a weaker teammate?

Any driver thinking about a move to Williams will also be watching this really carefully. Not only is the team so ill prepared that they don't have a spare chassis (and likely didn't have one in Saudi either!), but they're completely willing to abandon all concepts of fairness to prioritise their preferred driver.

Reactions: 6
Horrible for Logan. Vowles has basically said 'this guy's tit and we have no faith' to the entire world, which is potentially career ending.

It's a poisoned chalice for Alex. If he doesn't score points, and I think it's unlikely he does in that car this weekend, then he's got a target right on his back. We'll also have to see how he performs without Logan's performance to flatter him, we know the Williams isn't the worst car on the grid (Alpines have that covered and the Stake also seems tit) so will he actually look any good without a weaker teammate?

Any driver thinking about a move to Williams will also be watching this really carefully. Not only is the team so ill prepared that they don't have a spare chassis (and likely didn't have one in Saudi either!), but they're completely willing to abandon all concepts of fairness to prioritise their preferred driver.
Completely agree, its going to be eyes on Alex this weekend by the looks of things because the news hasn't gone down well. I think at this stage too when both drivers are on 0 points its even more unfair

Reactions: 7
I was really hopeful Alex would score big points last year after his qualifying but he crashed and DNF so letโ€™s hope he does better this year. Pressure is on

Reactions: 5
And I bet Albon crashes this one too, third times a charm after last year too!

Definitely. No loyalty at all. Never has been. It's tough for Logan, and I have a lot of sympathy for him, but I get it is the right decision for Williams to make
I get the team are behind in this year's car/building etc but they don't have another chassis for a race that is thousands miles away from home? Seems odd. But I know cash is not readily available within Williams but you have to question this. Yes Alex is the senior of the 2 drivers and I'm guessing a little pressure put on by Mercs for him to drive but jesus this is damn harsh.