Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shimmering

VIP Member
@Shimmering It sounds to me like you need to direct some of the love, care, compassion and commitment that you're directing outwards to everyone else in your life and start saving some of it for yourself. It sounds a familiar pattern of self neglect to me. See if you can carve out some time to do things that you wish others might do for you. Its a start and may well help with the anxiety you're feeling too. I'm loathe to use the phrase "self care" but just do stuff for you and don't feel bad about it. You don't have to go to extremes, you can still care for the others. Just take 10% for you too and see if it helps. Also take time to talk to the partner and one friend. Just because they have stuff going on doesn't mean they don't have time or space for you. They might welcome the distraction from their own stuff.
Thank you so much ❤ that means a lot

Reactions: 1

Bidscavan

VIP Member
I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, you all have such difficult situations you’re going through and mine feels really silly in comparison. I just wanted to share somewhere that I’m feeling a little scared/anxious about a work meeting tomorrow and other stuff happening with a colleague. Like I feel this tightness in my throat and shortness of breath that rarely happens to me. Just needed somewhere to put that I guess 💙
There's others here who are way better with words and the aul advice than I am but just wanted to say Nothing is silly here. We all have different worries and different problems . Hope all hoes well tomorrow ❤

• Heart

CrazyGiraffeLady

VIP Member
I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, you all have such difficult situations you’re going through and mine feels really silly in comparison. I just wanted to share somewhere that I’m feeling a little scared/anxious about a work meeting tomorrow and other stuff happening with a colleague. Like I feel this tightness in my throat and shortness of breath that rarely happens to me. Just needed somewhere to put that I guess 💙
How was your meeting? X

• Heart

CrazyGiraffeLady

VIP Member
I feel so crap right now, so alone and isolated 😭. I’ve posted previously about how I have a 4 month old baby and a really crappy partner…
He’s out nearly every night, and has been since our baby was 2 weeks old…
He doesn’t appreciate me and he doesn’t care about how I’m feeling.
I have a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach constantly at the moment, and I feel so so lonely.
Im normally a strong person, and I’ve overcome a lot in these past few years, but I feel like my mental health is starting to suffer now 😭
You sound like you’d be better off without your partner? X

dottynotty

Chatty Member
Very niche experience but I'm sick of people saying "You have your whole life to work, stop being so miserable"

i have been rejected from both universities I applied to for nursing, despite having a 2:1 in the degree I have just done, and before that a two year access course. All because I can't pass maths to get in. It's not the universities themselves they said they'd have me in a heartbeat with all my credentials personal statement grades etc, its just I have to have a maths for the NMC

I have tried for over 5 years now, I ended up doing another degree for the last 3 years after being told I'd be accepted with it. Iv been told to try and apply again next year.
But im just so bad at maths exams, I can do drug calculations weights etc.

I don't see the point anymore but there's nothing I can do with my degree either. I dont see the point in anything anymore, and I know as soon as I tell the job centre that I didnt get in they will be hounding me to work instead of being upset I didnt get into nursing again. I have just worked so hard and then there was a nurse killing babies doing the job I have dreamed of since I was young throwing it away. Whilst I'm working myself to the bone and doing it all really unwell too to try and prove I'd be a brilliant nurse.
Could you apply to be a TNA? Once you do that you can to a conversion x

Walnutss

VIP Member
Exactly this! Everyone is always “how is baby?” “Did he sleep?” “Has he had his dinner?”… and I’m like are you fucking joking I’ve been crying for 3 hours, I’ve not showered, brushed my hair and I’m so exhausted I can barely lift my arms up.

This has taught me one thing and that is when one of my friends have a baby, I’ll be there for them so much. Because no one has been here for me, even though I’ve hinted and asked SO much. People just say “aw bless you”

And thank you, I’m glad your situation is better now. Bloody kids lol
I'm the same I will be the friend that says go back to bed I'm here

Even when I got the time I couldn't be arsed showering I'd just sit and stare into space lol

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
Been taking sertraline for 2 weeks, not had any side effects but I don't feel that much better? I realised I need to just try something to feel like the old me. I'm on 50mg and I've got a review in 2 weeks, I'm aware it'll take 6-8 weeks to really work.

Anyway - back to the gym properly, I went this morning and felt better.. I realise when I'm going through a depressive episode I don't go to the gym and I eat shit, which doesn't make me feel any better!! Just have to break the cycle... I'm hoping with spring coming I feel more like me with everything I'm doing 😫
It can take a few weeks to kick in. I’ve recently had mine increased, venlafaxine and my sleep pattern is fucked.

allthingschocolate

Shit sandwich and a moving in card- can’t ask for much more than that! 😂 The fact you are trying to break the ice shows that you care for him, if he then chooses to continue freezing you out then there’s not much more you can do really. Keep us posted on how it works out x
Will do Thankyou ☺