Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tommyb

Chatty Member
My best friend of 21 years died last night he was only early 30s. Absolutely heartbroken, we only made plans a couple of weeks ago. My life will never be the same again.
I'm so sorry. Be kind to yourself and let your feelings out. Just focus on the basic 4... Sleep, food, shower and water. Helped me alot when going through something similar xx

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
From the minute she was born, she just screamed, always fed changed cuddled, but still screamed. Never slept, she’s still a bugger for that now, doesn’t nap, wakes at least twice in the night and she’s in our bed too. Will not go in her own. She needed (and still does) need constant entertaining, she has definitely gotten easier, but still so much hard work. And then the guilt of not being able to give my son attention because she takes so much, and doesn’t nap so I can’t spend the time with him then either, is massive.

I feel dreadful for wishing her life away, I’m constantly saying oh roll on when she’s this age, or roll on this time next year, but I can’t wait for the day where I enjoy her and enjoy being her mother the way I do her brother. As I mentioned before my mother is no support, and even though I was on life support after my son, she said to me “I didn’t realise how unwell you were” . And to be honest, I don’t think I realised even now just how bad it was. that part of my life feels like it never happened, but also like it was yesterday?
The screaming and not sleeping - what’s her feeding like? Was she breast or bottle fed and how was that - did she take feeds easily, did she fuss when feeding or seem to gag, was she sick a lot? Were you able to lie her flat or did she need to be more upright?
ETA and since weaning has she had any food allergies?

Keera

VIP Member
I’ve recently found out I’m pregnant after a miscarriage a couple of months ago. I expected to be happy with this but I’m just not. After the miscarriage I’d decided to move my life in a different direction and we were using protection. Honestly I’m so confused
I’m a bit late with this but I completely understand how you feel - after trying for a while with no luck we gave up, decided to move city, live our lives as a childless couple for a while, blew a lot of our savings and then ended up pregnant. It was a complete blow after all those months and was so bittersweet, we were unfortunately not in a position to continue the pregnancy but I just want to reassure you that the feelings are completely normal ❤
I felt so much guilt for feeling so angry at the way life had “tricked” me, but I think we are all so led to believe that pregnancy is supposed to be an all encompassing amazing nothing but happiness feeling that it just builds shame when so many of us go through the same thing!
I wish you the best with however this turns out for you and your partner ❤

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
I don’t think I realised even now just how bad it was. that part of my life feels like it never happened, but also like it was yesterday?
Have you had any mental health support since then? That warped sense of time is really common after trauma. I have it myself xx