For anybody struggling ❤

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You are all so welcome. I didn't want to tread on any of the amazing threads that are already out there but I'm sure it would be useful to have a general thread that is inclusive to all. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you for the thread. Life is tough. Life is complex. So many tricky situations to negotiate.
I have decided to seek help for emotional eating and compulsive shopping / spending and hope to start some therapy soon ! I have childhood based emotional issues I think. I’m ok and fortunately I’m working a LOAD of extra hours to afford my spending but I am embarrassed by my spending actually.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Thank you for the thread. Life is tough. Life is complex. So many tricky situations to negotiate.
I have decided to seek help for emotional eating and compulsive shopping / spending and hope to start some therapy soon ! I have childhood based emotional issues I think. I’m ok and fortunately I’m working a LOAD of extra hours to afford my spending but I am embarrassed by my spending actually.
Please don't be embarrassed. I know that's far easier said than done but it sounds like you have brilliant self awareness by reaching out for help and noticing that you have had troubles in these areas. I hope you get the support you need quickly. ❤

• Heart
Thank you Toffee, beautiful idea for a thread and i'm sure it will become a safe place for many :) xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
im in a similar position. I have been trying really hard with the emotional eating. Some days are better than others and like you it embarrasses me. I am very small (vegan and very active) so I think people don’t realise how bad it can get. Whenever I hear someone say how disgusting fast food is I cringe inside.There’s been days where both of my meals have been from fast food restaurants cause I need the comfort/dopamine hit. Sometimes it’s all I can think about and I’ve taken my break early to eat it. 2023 was the year I decided to crack it but it’s so hard and I don’t people realise how addicting that can be. The days were I don’t eat it can feel so flat. Ive been suffering so bad with anxiety and depression recently. Im hoping the doctor can help.
Sorry to go off one. I wish you all the best in your journey❤

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

I am the same
I have to buy stuff every day. I think I crave dopamine:(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I am the same
The thing is family etc take the piss a bit …… and sometimes I’m thinking yeah actually it’s your fault I need the hit of a big old shop of new clothes etc. I am so embarrassed tbh.

Reactions: 3
Thank you for this thread, it’s a great idea ❤
Personally I’m absolutely terrified of going through the menopause after reading some of the comments in the NB thread. I’m in my late thirties so it’s probably on the horizon and I’m so scared that it’s going to be awful!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about. We often don't realise it is a problem until we are in deep. But we have to get deep to realise it's not good for us. Sending you lots of love, support and encouragement. You've made a huge step and for that you should be immensely proud.
Good luck ❤

• Heart
Thank you for starting this thread. I took great comfort in the stories of other ladies who are struggling xx

• Heart
I am the same
I am the exact same. It's getting awful. Whether it's junk food (that I immediately gobble up), or otherwise, I have to buy something. I feel empty otherwise, like my day hasn't gone properly. I haven't 'treated myself' and it's ruining my finances....

I'm under a lot of stress this month, and next week is absolutely the worst, studies wise, I've had in a very long time, and I've just frozen up. Not been preparing at ALL. Just absolutely frozen up in the face of all the assignments and work, but you can bet that I've been out treating myself, day in day out.

I can't let myself crumble (again) for reasons I can't get into, but I just feel like I'm teetering on the edge on 'salvageable' and 'too far gone'... That should wake me up, but I feel like I'm sleep walking right into a huge crisis if I don't wake up now.

Gonna hit the books now and see what I can manage, as I really can't give up yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you for this thread. Genuinely, thsnk you.

And for the comments/response to my post x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My marriage is crumbling and I just don’t know what more I can do. I am scared to end things as I truly adore him, but it’s just not good at the moment.
I can’t talk to anyone about it as, well you Know, when you say it out loud it becomes real and something I have to deal with.
then on the other hand I’m not even sure if the issue is me or my marriage. My anorexia is back, and it’s absolutely wrecking me but I can’t let go.Everything feels so messed up right now

• Heart
Reactions: 35