Fopperholic - Nikki Ryan Gossip Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That vlog was so uncomfortable to watch. She seems so unnatural and nervous whenever she films with Chris or outside the house. It all seems so staged and set up. I bet they have never taken the twins to the park before. They should be sitting up by now, I could maybe understand if one of them was slower to sit up, but both of them... really? I get the impression that she is dreading them crawling or becoming mobile because she will have to actually entertain them and interact which will prevent her from being able to put her make up on. The constant fluffing and preening her hair when the camera is on is ridiculous. And that lewd comment about her twins from Chris was really cringy and she should have edited it out.

Oh dear, that vlog is awful. How can you properly engage with your children and enjoy a family day out if you are shoving a phone in their face? And she just sounds so fake when she talks to them, she just screeches in their face and prods them and they look confused most of the time, probably because she normally just ignores them. I get that she is a mum blogger and has an Instagram following so is going to share more than the average person but she just comes across as so fake and self obsessed. She thinks she is 'mum goals' but she's anything but
I so agree, Lawson looks confused when she prods him and cackles at him, poor little lad, he seems desperate to sit up and see the world. He can hold his own head up, so get him sat up for God's sake !!!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Slightly confused with some of the comments here. I totally agree with expressing opinions but i really struggle to see why it matters that she dresses her babies in babygros? (Also plenty of pictures on her feed of them in actual outfits) a lot of comments about the boys just laying down with no interaction but she often shows them in their bouncers or laying on their tummies!

I agree with a lot of the comments here e.g her being unrelatable, unnecessary hauls etc but the parenting comments are a bit much.

Reactions: 1
That vlog was so uncomfortable to watch. She seems so unnatural and nervous whenever she films with Chris or outside the house. It all seems so staged and set up. I bet they have never taken the twins to the park before. They should be sitting up by now, I could maybe understand if one of them was slower to sit up, but both of them... really? I get the impression that she is dreading them crawling or becoming mobile because she will have to actually entertain them and interact which will prevent her from being able to put her make up on. The constant fluffing and preening her hair when the camera is on is ridiculous. And that lewd comment about her twins from Chris was really cringy and she should have edited it out.

I so agree, Lawson looks confused when she prods him and cackles at him, poor little lad, he seems desperate to sit up and see the world. He can hold his own head up, so get him sat up for God's sake !!!
I don’t know what the comment was as I refuse to watch! It’s really sad, my daughter sat at 6 months, but crawled at 13 and walked at 17! Yes it’s daunting, but you do all you can. Sadly, she hasn’t a clue!

Slightly confused with some of the comments here. I totally agree with expressing opinions but i really struggle to see why it matters that she dresses her babies in babygros? (Also plenty of pictures on her feed of them in actual outfits) a lot of comments about the boys just laying down with no interaction but she often shows them in their bouncers or laying on their tummies!

I agree with a lot of the comments here e.g her being unrelatable, unnecessary hauls etc but the parenting comments are a bit much.
At 8 months, nearly 9, they should be doing more than bouncers or lying on their backs! They are weaning, you should only wean babies that are strong enough to sit (this may have changed, but I was advised this!) and those babies don’t ever sit! Babies gain no strength from constantly lying down.

Reactions: 4
At nearly 9 months old they should be sitting, crawling, possibly even pulling to stand/cruising. They can't even sit unaided!

Reactions: 8

Thanks for your input. It's always good to get a variety of opinions on contentious issues such as childcare. I'm sorry if you felt confused or offended but I won't apologise for having my own opinion just as I welcome you challenging it. I agree with you that babygro' s are good for babies who are being spoon fed and the numerous outfit changes they need. 😁

Thanks for your input. It's always good to get a variety of opinions on contentious issues such as childcare. I'm sorry if you felt confused or offended but I won't apologise for having my own opinion just as I welcome you challenging it. I agree with you that babygro' s are good for babies who are being spoon fed and the numerous outfit changes they need. 😁
Not offended at all or wanting you to apologise for having an opinion. I was genuinely interested as to why so many comments were being made and just wanted peoples thoughts!

Reactions: 1
With regards to the comments about them being in babygros, it’s not really an issue in itself. It’s absolutely every parents choice and if that’s what they prefer to dress them in then that’s up to them.

However, when you take it into account while looking at the bigger picture, it does come across as just another way she is being a lazy parent. The sitting up issue is much more serious as it suggests they are not developing as they should be. They should 100% be able to sit up unaided by now considering she has been weaning for a good few weeks now as well.

Combining everything it does come across as though she is more concerned with how she is being portrayed than actually understanding they are not newborns anymore and focusing on their development and needs, which is why I think the babygro thing stands out more.

If we weren’t getting constant videos of her hauls, food blogs, seeing her dolled up all the time, complaining about lack of sleep even though she has nights out and date night, etc etc and we saw two little boys who were thriving and the focus of her life then I don’t think anyone would bat an eyelid at what they were wearing.

Reactions: 7
At nearly 9 months old they should be sitting, crawling, possibly even pulling to stand/cruising. They can't even sit unaided!
Mine is nearly 11 months and isn’t crawling - just saying 👍🏼

Should certainly be sitting though! That is worrying

Reactions: 2
Oh dear, that vlog is awful. How can you properly engage with your children and enjoy a family day out if you are shoving a phone in their face? And she just sounds so fake when she talks to them, she just screeches in their face and prods them and they look confused most of the time, probably because she normally just ignores them. I get that she is a mum blogger and has an Instagram following so is going to share more than the average person but she just comes across as so fake and self obsessed. She thinks she is 'mum goals' but she's anything but

I thought exactly this! She seems so unnatural around them, just lots of screeching and prodding. All very bizarre.

Reactions: 3
She doesn’t half love putting people down if they aren’t a size 8! ‘I used to wear big baggy dresses and it made me sad - I could of worn nice dresses too if I wanted it was all down to me’
If you’re in a bigger dress then it’s clearly awful and you can’t possibly look nice. What a role model you are. She’s verging oh encouraging people to have eating disorders with these statements. Stupid woman!!!

Reactions: 11
I totally understand people asking for recommendations regarding which brands to use but it’s blatantly obvious when someone is after a freebie.

When I wanted a play pen guess what I did ? I used good old google & read reviews.........

Reactions: 10
I totally understand people asking for recommendations regarding which brands to use but it’s blatantly obvious when someone is after a freebie.

When I wanted a play pen guess what I did ? I used good old google & read reviews.........
Was just about to post the same thing! Clearly on the beg again 🙄

Same photo has been posted again for transformation today. Sorry but, losing 3st almost 20 years ago doesnt impress me!

Reactions: 12
Serious question, speaking from someone who suffered myself, are you suffering with post natal depression? You just seem like you'd rather be doing anything than parent those babies. Unless they make for a good photo op or an excuse to go shopping...

I was thinking about this yesterday, the obsessive behaviour goes with PND and wanting everything to be perfect all the time, plus her seemingly poor interactions with her boys and not wanting to be alone with them

Reactions: 7
Same photo has been posted again for transformation today. Sorry but, losing 3st almost 20 years ago doesnt impress me!
I think this is what she’s afraid of! People thinking the same as this (I do too btw!) Maybe that’s why the comments are turned off on this pic and none of the others. Has she finally realised she can’t keep peddling/passing the same photo off?! We’ve only ever seen the same two pics from her “three stone in three months” and she doesn’t even look big in the before pic!! I’m sick of her preaching to others, in a passive aggressive way, about ‘looking big’ ‘wearing baggy clothes’ and feeling like she has the right to pontificate, about how others should “stick to a goal and get it” She has serious food issues, body issues, clearly obsessed with being thin, and only ever says she looked and felt good when she was at her slimmest, how is this being a good role model?! It isn’t, so get off your self imposed podium and give people a break Nikki.

Mine is nearly 11 months and isn’t crawling - just saying 👍🏼

Should certainly be sitting though! That is worrying
My second son didn’t sit on his own until he was 9 months old, we encouraged him, sat him up with cushions or us supporting him but he just didn’t do it. On the flip side he took his 1st steps at 10 months and was fully walking at 13 months. My eldest was 6 months when he sat and also 1st steps at 10 months and walking at 13 months.
I do wonder how much practice she does with them though and I agree they shouldn’t be lay down so much. My 5 month old won’t stay still if I lay her down like that she’d move across the play mat!

Reactions: 2
I lost 3 stone in 3 months when I was around 20. Because I stopped boozing with my friends quite as much, and stopped eating pot noodles every bloody day 😂. It was just down to growing up a bit!
I dont bang on about it repeatedly over a decade later. I've other things in my life I'm far more proud of!
What she achieved, really isn't that big of a deal!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Serious question, speaking from someone who suffered myself, are you suffering with post natal depression? You just seem like you'd rather be doing anything than parent those babies. Unless they make for a good photo op or an excuse to go shopping...

I was thinking about this yesterday, the obsessive behaviour goes with PND and wanting everything to be perfect all the time, plus her seemingly poor interactions with her boys and not wanting to be alone with them
I’ve had it too so would never diagnose anyone as it’s a minefield! But when I think how she was before the vlogs, she was still the same! All about her, how she wanted things so she got things, her food obsession and shopping thing was still the same back then. She was insecure about Chris before too. I think what it mainly imo is that when you are told you can’t have something you want it more, I had fertility problems before my first and it totally consumes you and your life, that you must have this longed for child! So she put everything into having the perfect marriage-house-children. I genuinely think she thought it was going to be easier than what she’s found. She had all these plans of I love my job so I’ll be still working and I’ve got a good support network around me etc etc But I don’t think she was prepared for the pull that comes with being a mum! Life isn’t like what it was before, and she found she couldn’t just slot them into her “perfect” life she thought she had. She’s had to change things and go from her “high flying career” and the focus has had to shift from herself to the boys, I don’t think she can cope with that. Parenting is a learning curve, and no one is perfect at it, we all mainly wing it(!) but most mums I’ve met and know that you take a back seat, you have very little time to yourself and sacrifices are made. I don’t think she wants to be on the same page as this! The whole she “needs” the bigger car thing is totatally ridiculous. I think her way of attacking parenting is to just buy gadgets, shove the boys in classes where the leader is doing the work for her, and think it all take care of itself. If she’s so interested in this channel mum thing she needs to show vlogs of her interacting with the boys, without Chris or her mum or other people, and show the interaction, the games she makes up, her down on the floor without her heels on, sit them up cushions or supported at first if needed, and roll a ball to them etc little things that the boys need to develop. Stop showing them on a mat in front of you tube nursery rhymes?! They aren’t 2 months old anymore where you can just look at them in the car seat at Costa. Even at the park vlog there has to be a Costa cup next to her on the lawn. Why can this woman not function without showing what coffee she drinks?! Will her world combust if she doesn’t go there daily 🙄

That park vlog was a joke. What did she do with them, apart from go back and forth, poking and shaking them by the tummy 😂. There wasnt a single toy, both boys just lying there! And she was joking with Lawson that the sounded like a pterodyctal! Any bloody wonder-thats all he hears day in, day out, her screeching at them like one 😂

Reactions: 6
I'm very new but I've been reading this without first joining. Decided to join today because I'm thinking why the hell does she need two playpens?! The boys need to interact with each other to grow and learn...making each other cry is part of the process! I, like most others started following her because I wanted to know the secret behind her so called 3 stones loss blah blah blah. I'm a mother of two boys (11 and 3) and I find it quite annoying that she thinks she knows all about parenting after only 8 months. F@#$% off! Those babies should absolutely be doing much more than they're doing now. When she said she was not going to do her management role, I was so happy for her because I thought that she wasn't coping well with everything that she was doing and would focus on them. Now that she supposedly has more time with them, she's doing nothing. Parenting is hard...it has to be because neither you nor your children will develop properly. She should be focusing on them and not all the tit she's so obsessed about. I've been doing this for 11 years and I've never had any time for myself. It's always something...whether housework, cooking, cleaning up after them, reading and lots of playing even when I want to just shut off and run away from them. :ROFLMAO: If anyone should be doing a mummy vlog/blog it's people like myself who has had loads of experience...not just two minutes worth.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.