Fopperholic #30 it's good tattlers know what to do, without them I wouldn't have a clue

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm on the fence about food play at the moment. We have a box in the garage of food for "play" (not loads - just cheap a cheap packet of weetabix, pasta. I've got coloured rice too etc.) as it is an important part of development and it's what they would be doing at nursery/early school years under "normal" circumstances but it's not a "normal" time. I was talking to my mum about it the other day and said it didn't feel right but it's all so old now we wouldn't eat or donate it. Please don't hate on me!
If it's out of date then it's fine for you to use - are you splashing what you're child/children are doing with it all over Insta along with purchasing them multiple new toys ? If the answer is no then all good :)

Reactions: 16
I'm on the fence about food play at the moment. We have a box in the garage of food for "play" (not loads - just cheap a cheap packet of weetabix, pasta. I've got coloured rice too etc.) as it is an important part of development and it's what they would be doing at nursery/early school years under "normal" circumstances but it's not a "normal" time. I was talking to my mum about it the other day and said it didn't feel right but it's all so old now we wouldn't eat or donate it. Please don't hate on me!
I think there’s a difference. You wouldn’t want to eat coloured rice anyway 😂 and it’s old you’re clearly not opening a packet for them to just play with now. But also you aren’t splashing it over the gram for content. It’s that bit that gets me. I’m sure people are doing things in their households that others might not like but to put it on social media just seems unfeeling to me.

Reactions: 9
If it's out of date then it's fine for you to use - are you splashing what you're child/children are doing with it all over Insta along with purchasing them multiple new toys ? If the answer is no then all good :)
Nooope haha I am guilty of the odd insta post but I'm pretty good at using what we already have! Also only buying (where necessary and essential!) from small businesses where I can see that they are protecting their workers 🙂 end of the day we can't shut down completely.

Reactions: 11
Nooope haha I am guilty of the odd insta post but I'm pretty good at using what we already have! Also only buying (where necessary and essential!) from small businesses where I can see that they are protecting their workers 🙂 end of the day we can't shut down completely.
I do agree there. If people can work safely and it means they don’t need to rely on government money they should and we should support them. There still needs to be a life after all this..... whenever that may be!!!! Hoping for like September time rather than 2100 😂

Reactions: 8
Her amazon store front is ridiculous and so misleading. She hasn't bought half of the things listed there as under the toys category there are three separate styled jumperoos listed.

Someone's clearly getting desperate.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I may get backlash for this but I can not see the justification of food even under normal circumstances as a means of sensory play when there are millions of people especially children starving. Surely there must be alternatives than food as a play thing. If they're feeling it while they're eating it, then I'm all for it. If they're helping you cook brilliant but just as play...then no. Also food like dried pasta and rice are still usable even when they go past the supposed use by date when stored properly. They're dried goods for a reason. I'm sorry but I can't stand food being wasted...it does my head in. Maybe coming from a part of the world that I saw people with less has made me more aware. We didn't have loads growing up but we were still in a better position than some so I know the value of food and things.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Her amazon store front is ridiculous and so misleading. She hasn't bought half of the things listed there as under the toys category there are three separate styled jumperoos listed.

Someone's clearly getting desperate.
I thought the same. There were about 5 different types of frying pan for pancakes. So much for her only doing affiliates for products she LOVES, are UHMAZING and they are OBSESSED with. It really is just a modern way of begging.

Reactions: 21
I may get backlash for this but I can not see the justification of food even under normal circumstances as a means of sensory play when there are millions of people especially children starving. Surely there must be alternatives than food as a play thing. If they're feeling it while they're eating it, then I'm all for it. If they're helping you cook brilliant but just as play...then no. Also food like dried pasta and rice are still usable even when they go past the supposed use by date when stored properly. They're dried goods for a reason. I'm sorry but I can't stand food being wasted...it does my head in. Maybe coming from a part of the world that I saw people with less has made me more aware. We didn't have loads growing up but we were still in a better position than some so I know the value of food and things.
I think and this is totally a generalisation so I know it’s not everybody but on the whole as a nation we are so spoilt and I include myself in that. Maybe this lock down will teach us some of these values. I’m certainly stretching food more than I used to and even small amounts that I may be have thrown away before I’m not doing it now. Maybe that’s one of the good things to come from this.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
With the amount she would’ve spent on the Ikea kitchen and extortionate delivery she could’ve supported one of the many local independent toy stores trying to survive and bought one from there 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ve seen stuff all over FB for Leamington, Warwick and Stratford so all local to her.
She could’ve shown us it properly then 😉

Reactions: 16
With the amount she would’ve spent on the Ikea kitchen and extortionate delivery she could’ve supported one of the many local independent toy stores trying to survive and bought one from there 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ve seen stuff all over FB for Leamington, Warwick and Stratford so all local to her.
She could’ve shown us it properly then 😉
Exactly this. With the ridiculous Ikea delivery costs she could have had something gorgeously handmade, sustainable and unique from an independent company. But then for someone who has to be “the best” she’s not fussed about being original.

Reactions: 15
Exactly this. With the ridiculous Ikea delivery costs she could have had something gorgeously handmade, sustainable and unique from an independent company. But then for someone who has to be “the best” she’s not fussed about being original.
I always tried to buy unique and long lasting toys for mine not everything but some.... I even liked them to be dressed different not in mass produced from Next, etc..... we have just got down the wooden walker with wooden blocks and a wooden abacus that my son had 25 years ago and now his son can play with them 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Come on guys give her a break. I honestly wouldn’t be getting through this lockdown if she didn’t share advice like. ‘If you don’t have a couple of the ingredients just pop them on your shopping list when you do your big shop’. Revolutionary.

Also I know pregnancy swelled her lips up permanently but has it also made her nose bulbous? Goodness me, I don’t know how people are recognisable after they have given birth when it changes their facial features so dramatically 😯

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
The amazon store is a Joke, she has 3 tommee tippee bottle machines on there!! She was gifted hers!!! What an absolute dick she really is!!! It’s embarrassing and so bleeping greedy she’s trying to make money off people when she’s bleeping splashing the cash here there and everywhere!!!

• Angry
Reactions: 22
How does it work? If you swipe up turn anything you buy from amazon she gets a percentage on,

Reactions: 7
Her nicey nicey on Monday was a calculated move, in order to manipulate her sheep. She hasn't bleeping changed one iota. My bet is deuxchebsratface has put his little paw down and she's playing ball and trying to be 'good' in order to not ruin the 'brand'. Newsflash Flopps, it's too late. You've fucked this right up. You're bleeping everything up.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Why are a lot of these instagrammers clones of each other , the joggers, short curly hair etc they’re all turning into each other

Reactions: 7
The amazon store is a Joke, she has 3 tommee tippee bottle machines on there!! She was gifted hers!!! What an absolute dick she really is!!! It’s embarrassing and so bleeping greedy she’s trying to make money off people when she’s bleeping splashing the cash here there and everywhere!!!
And the biggest laugh is she used MAM bottles with her own babies, yet was paid to promote Tommee products 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.