Footballers & Wags #60 No Euro jack Grealish is like fish without chips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No idea how we are still predictive to win. Supercomputer has obviously not watch England play 🥱
I agree with the top comment, supercomputer has had one to many beers in Germany 🍻

Screenshot_20240628_091749_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Told mum about my new country Austria.
Mum: Why are you on an english chat forum?
Me: Because it's fun talking to people outside Scandi and all years we study english at school, might as well use it to something.
Mum: Like harassing poor brits with your stupid comments?
Me: Yeah! 😀
Mum: Oh dear. Are Beckham doing good?
I did not inherited my interested for sport from her. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Me: Because it's fun talking to people outside Scandi and all years we study english at school, might as well use it to something.
Let your Mum know we love having you on this thread ❤
Can you speak/write/read any other languages? It's one of the things we really do poorly with in schools in the UK. Most children don't start to learn a new language to they are 11. What is way to late in my opinion. If they started when a child was 4/5
then we would have more people who could speak a different language in this country.

Oh and tell your Mum, Beckham is still sniffing around the royals trying to get his knighthood 😂 (not going to happen)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I should probably know, but are you Swedish or Danish? I bet it’s not either of these two 🙈😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Can you speak/write/read any other languages? It's one of the things we really do poorly with in schools in the UK. Most children don't start to learn a new language to they are 11. What is way to late in my opinion. If they started when a child was 4/5
then we would have more people who could speak a different language in this country.

Oh and tell your Mum, Beckham is still sniffing around the royals trying to get his knighthood 😂 (not going to happen)
We’re rubbish at languages, aren’t we? We just rely on everyone else being able to speak English which is a shame.

My Finnish friend speaks Swedish and Norwegian as they’re all very similar apparently. Speaks English with a hint of a Glaswegian accent now, she’s been here 10 years! 🤣 Very funny when she’s drunk or angry as it seems more prominent then! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 16

I went to France recently and tried to French but it felt so weird and awkward, also not sure if @Velocinaptor2 is the same but i am learning more French from the Digne’s family stories 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I do Portuguese on Duolingo but I’m absolutely awful at it. We don’t do it well here at all. I think kids here should learn like French or Spanish from a younger age. It’s such a shame it’s not pushed more here,

My ex and my current BF both sound pretty English when they talk as well where as when i have tried when I go to Portugal, I might as well have had a shirt on saying “I am a tourist” lmao 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I do Portuguese on Duolingo but I’m absolutely awful at it. We don’t do it well here at all. I think kids here should learn like French or Spanish from a younger age. It’s such a shame it’s not pushed more here,

My ex and my current BF both sound pretty English when they talk as well where as when i have tried when I go to Portugal, I might as well have had a shirt on saying “I am a tourist” lmao 😭
Bom Dia 😁

Reactions: 4
Is Curtis Woodhouse okay? 😂

He’s retweeted this reply as well 😭

IMG_0743.jpeg

Imagine if something went wrong, and the dad just wasn’t there?!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Is Curtis Woodhouse okay? 😂

He’s retweeted this reply as well 😭

View attachment 3021874

Imagine if something went wrong, and the dad just wasn’t there?!
That is awful! I mean I couldn’t think of anything worse than seeing a baby coming out of someone’s puss. But as a parent I imagine it would be unthinkable to miss the birth of your child.

Reactions: 15
It doesn’t surprise me at all that, in this day and age, opinions like that still exist. Let’s be honest, a lot of fans still don’t believe that women and children belong at football matches.

Ladies of the thread, how many times have you been in a conversation with a group of men and your very valid opinion is just ignored?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It doesn’t surprise me at all that, in this day and age, opinions like that still exist. Let’s be honest, a lot of fans still don’t believe that women and children belong at football matches.

Ladies of the thread, how many times have you been in a conversation with a group of men and your very valid opinion is just ignored?
I follow my local women's team, and the Facebook fan group for it is full of wimpy self important men who obviously wouldn't stand a chance of throwing their weight around in the mainly male dominated discussion groups for the men's team, so they've chosen to do it on the women's group instead where they think they can get away with it. Constantly correcting or belittling the women who post, trying to take charge of the group and just generally being insufferable. One of them even told a woman who posted that she "Obviously didn't have a clue how football works." She was a former player of the team 🤦‍♀️

Not to mention the male YouTubers who are using the team as a way of increasing their money, and doing podcasts where, surprise surprise, they invite a bunch of men on to discuss it, with no sign of any women. We're not even allowed to discuss our own sports without being disregarded, pushed out or belittled.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I follow my local women's team, and the Facebook fan group for it is full of wimpy self important men who obviously wouldn't stand a chance of throwing their weight around in the mainly male dominated discussion groups for the men's team, so they've chosen to do it on the women's group instead where they think they can get away with it. Constantly correcting or belittling the women who post, trying to take charge of the group and just generally being insufferable. One of them even told a woman who posted that she "Obviously didn't have a clue how football works." She was a former player of the team 🤦‍♀️
I'm in a Lionesses' group and have seen similar posts there, thankfully its quite rare in that group though

Reactions: 8
it'll be to do with our route to the final really - we have had a charmed run.
Not to out myself as a maths geek but yes, FIFA have this ELO system for their rankings (that the analysts at Opta and other places utilise for their models) and it does tend to favour countries like England. Like given the historical results and the players on paper, run a model 10,000 times and England, Spain, Germany will more often than not come out on top. Especially considering the countries on each side of the bracket.

Also why Belgium seem to always be 3rd in the world rankings regardless of what happens at a tournament 🤣

Reactions: 11
I should probably know, but are you Swedish or Danish? I bet it’s not either of these two 🙈😆
Danish as long as they are in the Euros, otherwise Swedish. :ROFLMAO:

I speak some french and spanish but not as good as English. In Scandi English are like a second language, most people speaks it. I try to speak spanish in Spain because I feel that they are happy that you are trying and helpful, but the French... They are a bit snotty thinking everybody should speak perfect french but it's not that big language comparing to English and Spanish. So I scream at them in Swedish instead and make gestures with my arms, that makes them corious and suddenly they do speak English... 🙄 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.