Footballers & Wags #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’re right. I hold my hands up- I took it the wrong way. Had to come off Reddit as I saw so many horrific Hamas videos and it’s messed with my head a bit. X
off topic, apologies. TW for violence in the spoiler

I'm sure you already know this, but you have to be so so careful with watching or seeing graphic stuff. of course, watching or seeing some of the absolute worst actions humans can do is really upsetting in the moment, but it has long term effects too and your brain remembers what it sees.
not sure if you know of Bellingcat - it's a group of people who view videos of atrocities, authenticate and geolocate them to hold the perpetrators to account, they've done a lot of work on Assad's forces in Syria, the Russian army in Ukraine and Azeri forces in Nagorno-Karabakh (I'm sure you can imagine how distressing some of this stuff is).

anyway, there's someone who did stuff for Bellingcat for years, found it disturbing but never appreciated the long term effects - one day, he was walking along the pavement and saw a mangled cauliflower by the side of the road that gave him a flashback of a video he had worked on several years prior of a man's head being mutilated by laughing soldiers in Syria. he had a big panic attack, and in the weeks after that kept on having panic attacks and flashbacks of the video. he had no idea that this particular video had had such an effect on him.
there's some evidence suggesting playing Tetris soon after (within ~24hrs) seeing something disturbing (either in person, or through videos/photos) can reduce the risk of visual flashbacks. also, you absolutely don't have to watch/see atrocities to be informed of and care about the horrendous human suffering of many conflicts. in fact, I sometimes think people can get emotionally paralysed by seeing them, and it makes it much harder to try and help or be fully informed. take care of yourself ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Konate was very lucky to not be sent off, but if i’m honest after the bullshit we’ve had from the refs this season I can’t find it in me to care 🤣 Fair play to Trent also, I know it’s his job but not a chance i’m coming into work after I just crashed my car and cheated death 😭

Reactions: 11
I am not ok right now.

I'm heartbroken

Rip Sir Bobby Charlton

Will always be a united legend

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I see the Forest players have black armbands on 😭 for Utd that doesnt seem enough if only we still had the black kit
---

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I see the Forest players have black armbands on 😭 for Utd that doesnt seem enough if only we still had the black kit
City and Brighton have also got black armbands on when coming out after half time

• Heart
Reactions: 16
---
Tbh nothing would be enough.

I expect use to do something as well next home game.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Absolutely heartbroken by this news. Rest in peace Sir Bobby and thank you for everything. ❤😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
A Bright spot on this Dark Day, Aaron Ramsdale & Georgina have had a baby Boy ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
off topic, apologies. TW for violence in the spoiler

I'm sure you already know this, but you have to be so so careful with watching or seeing graphic stuff. of course, watching or seeing some of the absolute worst actions humans can do is really upsetting in the moment, but it has long term effects too and your brain remembers what it sees.
not sure if you know of Bellingcat - it's a group of people who view videos of atrocities, authenticate and geolocate them to hold the perpetrators to account, they've done a lot of work on Assad's forces in Syria, the Russian army in Ukraine and Azeri forces in Nagorno-Karabakh (I'm sure you can imagine how distressing some of this stuff is).

anyway, there's someone who did stuff for Bellingcat for years, found it disturbing but never appreciated the long term effects - one day, he was walking along the pavement and saw a mangled cauliflower by the side of the road that gave him a flashback of a video he had worked on several years prior of a man's head being mutilated by laughing soldiers in Syria. he had a big panic attack, and in the weeks after that kept on having panic attacks and flashbacks of the video. he had no idea that this particular video had had such an effect on him.
there's some evidence suggesting playing Tetris soon after (within ~24hrs) seeing something disturbing (either in person, or through videos/photos) can reduce the risk of visual flashbacks. also, you absolutely don't have to watch/see atrocities to be informed of and care about the horrendous human suffering of many conflicts. in fact, I sometimes think people can get emotionally paralysed by seeing them, and it makes it much harder to try and help or be fully informed. take care of yourself ❤
I really appreciate this post- thank you so much. I’ve been having bad dreams. Definitely not looking at any more Reddit- that place is a cesspool of horror. I already have PTSD from other incidents in my life so my head has been all over the shop lately.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.