Footballers & Wags #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find the whole Maguire situation a bit ridiculous to be honest. Of course I don’t condone what’s happening and I can imagine it’s absolutely awful for his family to see, but where is this energy for all the other players who receive constant abuse? Trent for example, last season some of the things being said about him by professional pundits and ex players was an absolute disgrace, but he got his head down worked hard and found his form again. Southgate loves to throw subtle digs at him in interviews & press conferences too, seems to think he knows better than Klopp (who Trent has completed club football under). Was the same with Chilwell, calling him up and letting him think he was getting minutes only to not even include him in the squads. Maguire is far too protected by the likes of Southgate.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I find the whole Maguire situation a bit ridiculous to be honest. Of course I don’t condone what’s happening and I can imagine it’s absolutely awful for his family to see, but where is this energy for all the other players who receive constant abuse? Trent for example, last season some of the things being said about him by professional pundits and ex players was an absolute disgrace, but he got his head down worked hard and found his form again. Maguire is far too protected by the likes of Southgate.
Don’t get me started, this is far too accurate.

There is a certain group protected and always defended by Southgate and they can do no wrong: Maguire, Kane, Walker, Trippier, Stones & Henderson. The main six that spring to my mind.

The likes of some of the other lads like Trent, Foden and Sterling don’t get the same defence. If anything Southgate’s thrown them to the media wolves how many times? Thats fine he doesn’t agree with how the media, pundits etc has treated Maguire but have the same energy for everyone.

Reactions: 13
exactly

Obviously If someone is directly abusing Maguire and sending him or his family hate that’s not on as no one should be directly sending it to him (weirdo behaviour) but I bet there is players that get it ten times worse that we don’t hear this much about.

maguire seems to be given some free pass and it’s weird.

Reactions: 9
I’m sorry Mrs Maguire but your son is a terrible footballer and your other 2 sons have been known to be vile themselves on twitter, also if you and your family could kindly tone it down in restaurants instead of acting like a mafia mob it would be appreciated.

Hope this helps

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
So who is the Manager then who the FA will not name?

I'm thinking Big Sam.
Says they're currently in a role, so presumably can't be him? He's not had a job after Leeds I don't think?

Seema unfair but not really sure what the FA are meant to against an anonymity order though...surely any disciplinary outcome would breach that?

Reactions: 5
Sorry to go off topic & include a on the pitch post hahaha I found this clip interesting

Reactions: 1

I know there’s wrong’uns in every country in the world but Spain right now seems awful, this is 3 players for their academy/C team allegedly.

Reactions: 3
There is a rumor the manager is Ian evatt. Gambling is banned at Bolton.
from 2 yrs ago

B8E0C96C-4399-4BBD-B6E6-F0963AB22704.jpeg

---
🤮 Snapchat video

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
In more positive news than a gambling manager.
One of the premier league managers has given a significant amount of money to an ex Burnley chairman’s prostate cancer appeal. They help set up prostate cancer testing outside grounds. Name wasn’t given but don’t think it’s Kompany or they would have made a big deal of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sorry to carry on the Maguire thing, but this is how you deal with criticism. Instead of getting your family to put out statements you get your head down and bleeping work. Trent was awful for the first half of last season so of course he received criticism however the abuse he got was on another level, pundits sat for hours talking about him while the likes of Maguire and so many others got away with much worse defending etc. The racist abuse as well was a disgrace, but rather than moaning about it he worked hard and found his form again. This is not me saying I don’t feel sorry for Maguire because of course it’s awful for him, but my sympathy can only go so far when he’s not willing to help himself. He had the chance to join a promising West Ham team in the summer where i’m sure he would have got plenty of game time with a lot less pressure, but for some reason he chose not to (likely money related). That move would have been the perfect thing for him but clearly his ego wouldn’t allow it.

Reactions: 12
Sorry to carry on the Maguire thing, but this is how you deal with criticism. Instead of getting your family to put out statements you get your head down and bleeping work. Trent was awful for the first half of last season so of course he received criticism however the abuse he got was on another level, pundits sat for hours talking about him while the likes of Maguire and so many others got away with much worse defending etc. The racist abuse as well was a disgrace, but rather than moaning about it he worked hard and found his form again. This is not me saying I don’t feel sorry for Maguire because of course it’s awful for him, but my sympathy can only go so far when he’s not willing to help himself. He had the chance to join a promising West Ham team in the summer where i’m sure he would have got plenty of game time with a lot less pressure, but for some reason he chose not to (likely money related). That move would have been the perfect thing for him but clearly his ego wouldn’t allow it.

Tbf he’s sexy. I’d listen to what Trent has to say but me personally? I wouldn’t listen to Maguire. I guess that calls me a hypocrite. But as the saying goes i’m here with open arms and open legs… yes i’m drunk AND WHAT.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

But if anyone family or friends want to defend their family member or friend what is wrong with that? Do we know Harry asked his Mum to put out message? No. So he is getting on with his career. Has he done interviews or spoken out? No he carries on and rightly so he was annoyed he'd lost the armband. If he wants to stay at Utd and fight for his place up to him or as you say stay for money but he'd get a damn high wage at West Ham too no doubt.
Sadly there is always a "scapegoat' in every walk of life.

Reactions: 10
But if anyone family or friends want to defend their family member or friend what is wrong with that? Do we know Harry asked his Mum to put out message? No. So he is getting on with his career. Has he done interviews or spoken out? No he carries on and rightly so he was annoyed he'd lost the armband. If he wants to stay at Utd and fight for his place up to him or as you say stay for money but he'd get a damn high wage at West Ham too no doubt.
Sadly there is always a "scapegoat' in every walk of life.
I get what your saying there Red and I know the lad gets so much abuse but it’s the arrogance that Maguire carries along with his terrible football that makes him a target.

He thinks he’s on the same playing level as Van Dijk and Dias and he’s no where near that level and I don’t even think he’s a scapegoat not when it’s his own playing mistakes.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I get what your saying there Red and I know the lad gets so much abuse but it’s the arrogance that Maguire carries along with his terrible football that makes him a target.

He thinks he’s on the same playing level as Van Dijk and Dias and he’s no where near that level and I don’t even think he’s a scapegoat not when it’s his own playing mistakes.
Completely agree with this!
Harry Maguire should of left Man u, gone to a team lower down the table all even championship and rebuilt his career.
Can not see how it helps him staying in the
Man u/England spot light.
At the end of the day he was a very good player but not any more and he and his Family have to accept this.

Reactions: 10

I cannot say I know much about him personally so don't see the arrogance side nor his family but know his sister loves the limelight of not actually being famous! I get everyone has opinions on this but I still fund the abuse seriously OTT. You do see arrogance on other players clearly maybe I need new glasses 😂🤣

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.