Footballers & Wags #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How awful about Dele Ali. I hope he’s okay and is getting the help and support he needs

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Baffled. I saw people talking about it last night and thought it was just rumours, but a lot of reliable journalists now mentioning it this morning. I understand that these players want to set up their families for life and he can definitely do that earning 700k a week (ridiculous) … but after all the campaigning etc he’s done for the LGBTQ community i’ll be really disappointed if he goes. Happy for him to leave as I think it’s the right time, but really surprised that it’s Saudi he’s considering.

Even more confused at how someone of his level is being offered so much money? He was a great player in his prime but he’s been declining since we won the league, if he’s being offered 700k a week then what are they gonna offer the likes of Salah, KDB, Haaland one day 😭
Performative allyship, there's a lot of that going around these days.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
massively confused with what Liverpool are planning because there’s rumours Thiago is off too, it’s obscene the amounts of money Saudi clubs are willing to chuck at any player.

I’m curious if these players that sign over there are taking their wives and daughters, because as a woman it’s one of the last places I’d want to be, regardless of money.
Exactly as I certainly wouldn’t want to live there! Also if you are not a married couple you can’t live together, it’s illegal! Even if you have kids already, it’s ridiculous. Just shows how bloody backward the country is.

Reactions: 10
Exactly as I certainly wouldn’t want to live there! Also if you are not a married couple you can’t live together, it’s illegal! Even if you have kids already, it’s ridiculous. Just shows how bloody backward the country is.
Ronaldo making them change rules for him instead of marrying the mother of his kids is peak footballer boyfriend isn’t it.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Wow it’s really happening :oops:
Money talks! Interesting to see if he’ll still be in Southgate’s plans if he goes there as he won’t be playing at a high level? Big tournament next year with the Euros, potentially will be his last.

Reactions: 12
Money talks! Interesting to see if he’ll still be in Southgate’s plans if he goes there as he won’t be playing at a high level? Big tournament next year with the Euros, potentially will be his last.
I don’t think that will matter tbh. Maguire & Phillips played about 3 minutes between them and still got called up to the world cup, Southgate doesn’t care about form or how much someone has played. What a weird move, it’s the right time for him to move on but never thought he would go to Saudi.
---
That's how I feel - if he leaves, he leaves (I'd like him to stay, and move to Sunderland if he does move) but it feels so disappointing when it's him. And I'd want him to get a proper send-off rather than just....leaving.
With the money he’s getting he will be able to buy Sunderland in a few years, never mind play for them 😭 He will definitely get a farewell at Anfield, similar to what Gakpo got when he went back to PSV after leaving.

Reactions: 11
It's obviously terrible what happened to Dele Ali when he was a kid and he has my sympathy, but to be honest I'm really sick of hearing about him.

He was yesterday's news years ago. Football needs to move on and forget about him.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Think this will be a hard watch. 😩

Omg this is heartbreaking. Thank God he went to rehab and the wonderful adopting parents that help him. Sadly all the other abusers still there without be accountable of their actions. What lived him at such early stage of his life clearly is a lot.

Reactions: 12
I don’t think that will matter tbh. Maguire & Phillips played about 3 minutes between them and still got called up to the world cup, Southgate doesn’t care about form or how much someone has played. What a weird move, it’s the right time for him to move on but never thought he would go to Saudi.
---

With the money he’s getting he will be able to buy Sunderland in a few years, never mind play for them 😭 He will definitely get a farewell at Anfield, similar to what Gakpo got when he went back to PSV after leaving.
Would the fans appreciate him coming back for a farewell do you think? I would have thought most would have lost any respect for him.

Reactions: 1
It's obviously terrible what happened to Dele Ali when he was a kid and he has my sympathy, but to be honest I'm really sick of hearing about him.

He was yesterday's news years ago. Football needs to move on and forget about him.
I sincerely hope that none of your friends or family are ever sexually assaulted or become addicts. Speaking from experience it’s life changing, and not in a good way.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

OMG how insensitive

• Heart
Reactions: 36

bloody hell the guy has been thru something so horrific and to speak out must have been so hard.

Reactions: 23

That's the spirit :rolleyes: here we are wasting time applauding someone for speaking out about a traumatic upbringing and the awful lasting effects of it

Let's all just forget about people that struggle and are bravely seeking help

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Would the fans appreciate him coming back for a farewell do you think? I would have thought most would have lost any respect for him.
Yeah they definitely would. Most people on twitter etc are gutted he’s going and I would imagine it’s the same for the fans who attend games regularly. Regardless of a dodgy move, he’s been at the club for 12 years and has captained us to every trophy available while also doing a lot for the club & city.

Reactions: 1
Woah, i said i feel sorry for him.

But every other day a new article appears talking about his "comeback" and its like yeah, I'll believe it when i see it.

Woah, i said i feel sorry for him.

But every other day a new article appears talking about his "comeback" and its like yeah, I'll believe it when i see it.
You can mute his name if you don’t want to see it, or even better just don’t read the articles if they bother you that much? Just can’t fathom how someones first thought after hearing a child was molested and used to sell drugs would be to say something negative, but each to their own I guess.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.