Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They never sell out anyway, do they? They don’t seem to attracting many new fans as other successful clubs have either.
not arsed tbf, we’ve scored 16 goals in 3 home matches to date. without a recognised striker. so we have a few empty seats? i’m more bothered about the people that do show up. would i like more fans at the stadium? of course. but i’m old enough to realise not everyone is as fortunate as me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I think kids seem less interested in supporting teams that no one in their family support now. Compared to 30-40 years ago where I have one uncle who supports Liverpool and two who support Manchester United even Through we from East London. I can’t remember very seeing a Man City shirt being worn in London unlike when Jose took over at Chelsea and there was a sudden rise in the amount of Chelsea Shirts - sometimes from kids who had previously worn Arsenal or Man U shirts.

Reactions: 1
Man City's ground always looks half empty, even at cup final games. I know when we played the final against city at the Carabo Cup, we were actively asking the club for more allocated seats as they had all been sold but City weren't even at half capacity.
Is what it is. And I get that as a fan, you're more focused on the performance and position of your team, totally. But I bloody love a full, buzzing stadium!!

Reactions: 4
I don’t think many British players will ever move to La Liga again. Because any new recruits count towards the cap of only three non Eu Players with no way Naturalise them like they do with all the South American’s after two years (It would be ten years and then they would have renounce British Citizenship).

A few of the longer serving players in the League are eligible for British Citizs ship but only a couple have applied. Tnose who are permanent residents or settled EU can have their kids registered as British if born in the aural but again I don’t think many do.

Fairly sure Haland is eligible for a British passport as until October 2000 all EEA citizens were deemed settled upon arrival and therefore their children born in the UK were able to apply for British Passport. It’s possible that if he moves to the UK he might do that to save having to bother with the VIsa process

Last edited:
the club only agreed hours before the game that people could transfer their tickets, which is partly to blame. take into account the massive cock up they did with moving to mobile tickets and they have alienated a good portion of the fanbase who aren’t good with modern technology.

city’s fan base are historic fans; we were here long before pep arrived and will be here long after he goes. i think his comment got slightly lost in translation as well; it was more a rallying cry than anything (that’s how i’ve interpreted it anyways) but it doesn’t help him commenting when he surely should know how every city fan has to endure ‘emptyhad’ jokes on the regular.

united have a major fanbase because they dominated football for a long time; and their season ticket holders are obligated to buy into the cup scheme; ours aren’t. we’ve only started winning very recently and our fanbase hasn’t grown much.

tickets are extortionate and the vast majority of our fans are from less affluent areas and mainly based in manchester. we don’t really have a global fanbase like other teams in the prem. this doesn’t bother me in the slightest! i would much rather have the blue till i die fans that have grown up watching them play at maine road. we get called plastic fans a hell of a lot considering the vast bulk of our fanbase have been here when we never won anything.

for me to go to the UCL and the game this weekend, it’s cost £120. i’m lucky enough to be able to afford that. our working class fanbase with families can’t justify that amount. until the owners start to appreciate the fans they have that have stuck around through the shite times and cheered our lads on, they will struggle to get a packed stadium on weeknight games. it’s just too expensive for everyday working class people.
In normal situations, even before the pandemic, people couldn’t afford those high ticket prices, what makes them think that people can afford them now? Asking for your fans to show up, whilst knowing that most of them can’t afford that luxury is a bit …

• Heart
Reactions: 8
In normal situations, even before the pandemic, people couldn’t afford those high ticket prices, what makes them think that people can afford them now? Asking for your fans to show up, whilst knowing that most of them can’t afford that luxury is a bit …
it should never have been said. i do think it got lost in translation and was more a rallying type of comment rather than a comment on the fanbase; but he should be very aware these type of comments get misconstrued by the media and the twitter trolls will have a field day with that one.

Reactions: 5
I think you're missing the bigger points though. People with season tickets couldn't transfer their tickets until only a few hours before the game. City moved to mobile only ticketing instead of a credit card type ticket (which has had all sorts of issues) and fans only found out in the hours before the game that they could transfer tickets.
I did say what it was besides the point; I was just wondering if those schemes still existed.

How awful. This is why I can’t stand when people/media outlets leak where these footballers live. I know it can happen anyway before anyone jumps the gun but still!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I think kids seem less interested in supporting teams that no one in their family support now. Compared to 30-40 years ago where I have one uncle who supports Liverpool and two who support Manchester United even Through we from East London. I can’t remember very seeing a Man City shirt being worn in London unlike when Jose took over at Chelsea and there was a sudden rise in the amount of Chelsea Shirts - sometimes from kids who had previously worn Arsenal or Man U shirts.
I think kids are more than likely less interested in football now because it’s not as easily accessible as it was years ago when champions league games and the Fa cup were on itv unless you have sky or bt sports you won’t have the variety of football week in week out and no kid is really bothered about match of the day.

Reactions: 20
There were people with season tickets not at the game. For the most part that was from the balls up preventing them transferring tickets.

Reactions: 2
There were people with season tickets not at the game. For the most part that was from the balls up preventing them transferring tickets.
yeah it’s been kicking off on bluemoon for a while now. people have got to remember the bulk of the fanbase are too old to even bother with mobile tickets. and the faff around trying to get print at home tickets has caused most of them to just sack it off.

How awful. This is why I can’t stand when people/media outlets leak where these footballers live. I know it can happen anyway before anyone jumps the gun but still!

I’m so sad for Reece I really hope he gets justice 🥲. Also apologise to all the thirty year olds didn’t mean to offend anyone 😅

Reactions: 3
I am surprised clubs don’t tell players to put the medals in bank vaults rather than at home safes as plenty have been stolen from over the years. I know some celebs do keep things like away from their home.

Most of the gangs who do those things are already on police radar’s so are normally caught.

Reactions: 3
how have they worked that out then if belgium are number one?
It’s some ranking system that gives points for every match played. Nobody cares Really.

The new culture secretary has been hired according to even the the Tory press to start more culture wars. She is ultimately the boss of the FA. I guess more of the arguments we had in the summer are coming.

• Heart
Lol it wasn't dangerous 😂

Did Elliot ever actually get in any trouble for this? Usually young players who are involved in any sort of scandal get the book thrown at them. And then there are cases like with Marc Bola who gets hauled over the coals for a 9 year old tweet. To be honest, I think it's better to educate these players than just punish them all the time.

Just noticed that Derby are on the verge of agreeing a points deduction. Put poor Wayne out of his misery....
I mean it was dangerous, I get that you’re not a Liverpool fan but to say that tackle wasn’t dangerous is just silly 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I think kids are more than likely less interested in football now because it’s not as easily accessible as it was years ago when champions league games and the Fa cup were on itv unless you have sky or bt sports you won’t have the variety of football week in week out and no kid is really bothered about match of the day.
It's still the sport with the highest participation rates. There has only really been full houses at games every week since the mid 90s. If you look at games in the 80s there were often plenty of empty spaces on the terraces. Even then in the early Premier League years there were empty seats.

how have they worked that out then if belgium are number one?
They have won almost every game they have played since Euro 2016. The two losses in Russia 2018 and Euro 2020 are rare enough. It's very hard to have a proper world rankings though in football as qualification groups vary so much in quality (in tournaments too).

I mean it was dangerous, I get that you’re not a Liverpool fan but to say that tackle wasn’t dangerous is just silly 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think people are mixing up the difference between intent and dangerous. There was no intent to injure him but he definitely used excessive force.

Last edited:
It's still the sport with the highest participation rates. There has only really been full houses at games every week since the mid 90s. If you look at games in the 80s there were often plenty of empty spaces on the terraces. Even then in the early Premier League years there were empty seats.

They have won almost every game they have played since Euro 2016. The two losses in Russia 2018 and Euro 2020 are rare enough. It's very hard to have a proper world rankings though in football as qualification groups vary so much in quality (in tournaments too).

I think people are mixing up the difference between intent and dangerous. There was no intent to injure him but he definitely used excessive force.
Belgium always seem to underperform at the later stage of tournaments. They always looks good until the knockouts them they start to lose form and then limp out.

Man City’s fans group are complaining now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.