Footballers and Wags #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And see some younger players too. He doesn't give them chance at all. He could even bring in some championship players if it's still allowed. To broaden his choice of players.
Exactly this. This should be viewed as the start of the journey to Euro 2024 and be the perfect time to bring in some of the younger, more inexperienced players 🤞🏻

Reactions: 6
Toney is in! Happy for him but chances are he won’t play a single minute 😭

Reactions: 4
No point commenting on England squads I find myself saying the same thing every bleeping time🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
No point commenting on England squads I find myself saying the same thing every bleeping time🤣
Maguire, Dier & Walker in the year 2023 💀 When will Southgate learn to let go of the past and actually try and build a new team with younger players? I like the guy but what has Kalvin Phillips done that deserved a call up?

The likes of Maguire and others who were at the 2018 world cup are no longer needed for experience reasons imo. Rice, Rashford etc have played at multiple major tournaments now and can take on that role of being a mentor to younger players coming up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Maguire, Dier & Walker in the year 2023 💀 When will Southgate learn to let go of the past and actually try and build a new team with younger players? I like the guy but what has Kalvin Phillips done that deserved a call up?
This. I watch the calamity Eric Dier in defence every week, if only I didn’t have to see him during the international break too. Call me biased but Skipp has been brilliant for us since Bentancur got injured, would have put him in ahead of Phillips.

AND MASON MOUNT how was he called up😭

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I CAN’T EVEN!!! 😡 Is the England or Tottenham squad, because it’s been the same one for the last 4 years with little change, no trophies and always hoping for the best and expecting the worst 😩

Reactions: 5
I'm usually sticking up for Harry as he does turn it on for England as less pressure than with us.
But i'd go for guys who are in form & actually playing lots, Maguire/Phillips for me shouldn't be in. I'll be honest dogsitters future ex husband shouldnt be either shouldwatchthegameswithme

Maguire and Dier 💀. Southgate’s literally just calling up his mates. Dier’s a liability and Maguire doesn’t even play for his club 🤣.

Mount as well who puts the mid in midfield 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm nervous for Todays match, with the score last time I should be more confident.
But we've conceded 4 4 times this season plus 3 twice 😭 I just want 1 game where i'm not stressed for 90mins

Reactions: 5
Maguire and Dier 💀. Southgate’s literally just calling up his mates. Dier’s a liability and Maguire doesn’t even play for his club 🤣.

Mount as well who puts the mid in midfield 😭
I'm surprised Ward-Prowse doesn't get called up to the England Squad more often as he is consistent in his performances and never has a bad game for Southampton and Harvey Barnes is another example of a player who should be in England squad is he constantly performs for Leicester yet he has only been called up to the England squad once.

Reactions: 10
I'm surprised Ward-Prowse doesn't get called up to the England Squad more often as he is consistent in his performances and never has a bad game for Southampton and Harvey Barnes is another example of a player who should be in England squad is he constantly performs for Leicester yet he has only been called up to the England squad once.
There's loads he could choose from but picks the same old players. Wan-Bissaka doesn't get anywhere near the squad either and he's been better recently than some of the others picked.

Is Italy their first game?

But he’s been done for betting? Don’t understand Southgate.
Kyle Walker has broken the law multiple times, as has Grealish with his drink driving and they still get called up so don’t see why Toney shouldn’t 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.