Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Donald23

VIP Member
genuine question for the city fans - are any of you worried or are you not bothered?

i’m honestly not arsed 😂 think it’s definitely a case of throw as much as possible at the club and hope something sticks. i don’t think they like that we haven’t cooperated with their investigations - but we don’t know what’s gone on behind the scenes; have we sent them enough information and they’ve deemed it not enough? i don’t think the club is worried and neither am i.
All joking aside I think you should be a bit worried. This isn’t like UEFA investigation where you went CAS and got away with it on a technicality. This is 9 years worth of evidence in a case that they have been building for years. Despite what some may think, the Premier League are not ‘out to get you’ or ‘let’s have a go at City cause they’re winning’. They are a legitimate enterprise that feel they have enough evidence to prove their rules have been broken and resulted in City benefiting to the disadvantage of others and disregarding the integrity and fairness of the game and the rules of the Premier League- which City must abide by. The club is absolutely worried by this, even from a reputation point of view. The same for United with Greenwood and Arsenal with Partay- these clubs don’t want any sort of bad press to dirty their club so I can assure you they will be worried about this, regardless of what sort of statement they release

Will they be relegated? No. Will they be stripped of titles? Probably not. Will they faces serious implications if found guilty? Absolutely.

You can be as dismissive and as brazen as you like but I’ve spoken to a lot of City fans today who are genuinely worried and who have said if it turns out they have cooked the books then they should face the ramifications of that.

Do the crime, do the time. Simple as that.

British sport/sport is more corrupt then people let on and nothing is ever done about it other then making a big media show.
Take rugby at the moment it’s in complete turmoil and no one cares other than the players and media. Sarries got relegated kept their big players and are back up fighting now after cooking their books. Cycling and the doping scandals, surprised Ratcliffe hasn’t put a bid in for liverpool (only joking). Red bull going over the spending cap in F1.
As long as the guys at the top are getting paid and money is still coming into a sport the governing body just does things like this to make it look like they care about integrity. It causes a big drama and then they do nothing. A slap on the wrist and everyone will move on. This is what loopholes in 100 page rule books are made for.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

spilldatea

VIP Member
another subject change but it blows my mind that porro used to be a city player and he didn’t step foot in manchester 😂

thanks levy for the 10mil bonus this summer to put towards us signing jude bellingham and a left back 🧙🏼‍♀️🔮📿🙏🏼

• Heart
  • Haha

BDY_97

VIP Member
I'm happy with the club statement 👍 jog on PL and the other clubs hell bent on bringing us down in other ways than on the pitch (hush spurs fans)
It’s not other clubs fault that you lot have been cooking the books for years 😭 Cancelo left and snitched 24 hours later 💀

• Haha

wordzalad

VIP Member
I feel bad for the fans and the players tbf but if the higher ups have cooked the books, theyre stupid and was only a matter of time before it caught up to them.
---

Interesting Peps statement after UEFAs investigation last year. Says he trusts his superiors and everything to be above board, but if they have lied to him he’ll leave. Will be an interesting next few weeks.
Get Poch in. He’s sexy

• Heart
  • Haha

Just Drive

VIP Member
Mikel Arteta, bow down and kiss the feet of Pep Guardiola who will forever be your superior in every way.

• Haha
  • Heart

pixxyy

VIP Member
I'm def not looking at our squads from those years & seeing who's made enough appearances to get a PL medal :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

wordzalad

VIP Member
His youngest daughter makes me howl, she loves being the star of the show whenever she’s at the stadium, then you have his eldest couldn’t care less and a face like thunder when she’s the mascot🤣 so cute though😭

She’s so cute 🤣. They actually seem like such a lovely family.

• Heart

Bonnybob

Chatty Member
Ive not been on here much today. I see theres comments regarding city and the charges thats put against them

i think the premier league here have been incredibly niave in their charges. They are essentially accusing city of not just breaking premier league rule they are actually accusing them of essentially committing fraud which is a criminal offence yet they haven't informed hmrc or the financial irregularities yet which concludes to me i don't think they have an actual clue of the seriousness of the allegations. combine this with not even having the charges correct on their own post.

the premier league have basically accused city of dishonesty which is esentially fraud. They will need to prove that companies such as delotte, bdo, hmrc the finacial regularities were all mislead and essentially lie to. I get some laughing but this is going to be a huge shit show and will damage the brand of the premier league when egg ends up on their face. This case is going to drag on for years and to be honest i dont think the premier league have a clue right now. they dont imo have a arbitration proccess that can even handle this size of accusation.

theyve also scored a bit of an own goal with the appointment of the arsenal fan on the panel of the hearing because should it progress to uk court a very dim view is taken in regards to conflict of interests.

I think this is going to be a shit show for all involved including the british government who have abu dhabi as one of out biggest investors int he country and for the oil needed for our gas supply.

they have really opened a can of worms here. I hope to god anyone who takes the piss their own club has their house in order. Just say city get found guilty although i dont think they will personally i think the premier league have thrown so many charges hoping something sticks what happens to the premier league when teams who have missed out finacially by missing out on cl football sue them, the teams who got relegated, who missed out on cup wins ect ect. its a whole train wreck in my opinion

Shhhh111

Chatty Member
693ACB7C-C9B7-46FB-A388-D11D48F446E3.png

Aw it’s almost as if she didn’t have any candids of them herself to post. (Yes I know there was a random one where they couldn’t even be looking at each other before this one)

• Haha

BDY_97

VIP Member
Nothing will happen, or maybe something minor like a fine or transfer ban. Wasn’t there speculation about dodgy sponsorships too?