Footballers and Wags #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is the Man U game not on TV anywhere? I wanted to see McTominay šŸ˜¢

Although I still have not forgiven him for cheating on me with his girlfriend, I still want to see him play.
Literally when I saw her I thought of that tiktok sound - ā€œthe otherrrr womaaaaanā€

theres ways to still watch he's looking :love:
Get a sign ā€œGet your shirt off for Tattleā€ šŸ‘€

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The answer is Mike Dean is an attention seeking little clown- why let Wolves through when he could make a controversial VAR decision and make it all about him.
idk why wolves are even wasting their energy when nothing will be done about it. referees & var are making tit and wrong decisions every single week, some which are season defining and they just donā€™t give a tit itā€™s a joke. still think if they canā€™t be consistent with it then why bother even having it.

Reactions: 10
idk why wolves are even wasting their energy when nothing will be done about it. referees & var are making tit and wrong decisions every single week, some which are season defining and they just donā€™t give a tit itā€™s a joke. still think if they canā€™t be consistent with it then why bother even having it.
i dont think var is the issue personally, i think the issue is the tit refs because var seems to work perfectly in other sports rugby being the prime example. My issues with football in general is they should mic up the refs like they do in rugby, stop the clock (so no timewasting) and make refs accountable for their decisions. The refs get to hide from mistakes constantly. The ref in this game madley was the same ref from city everton (where he had no control over the game) arsenal v newcastle and then this hes been terrible in all 3 but still gets big games.

Reactions: 11
i dont think var is the issue personally, i think the issue is the tit refs because var seems to work perfectly in other sports rugby being the prime example. My issues with football in general is they should mic up the refs like they do in rugby, stop the clock (so no timewasting) and make refs accountable for their decisions. The refs get to hide from mistakes constantly. The ref in this game madley was the same ref from city everton (where he had no control over the game) arsenal v newcastle and then this hes been terrible in all 3 but still gets big games.
Completely agree. The actually technology of VAR is perfect, itā€™s the people using it and the laws that are the issue. The lack of transparency is also an issue as like you said there is no understanding of what the decision is and why the referees (on the pitch & on VAR) have come to that decision. Was there any major issue with a VAR decision in the World Cup? I donā€™t think there was, yet since the prem has come back thereā€™s been quite a few.

Reactions: 10
I think VAR is a good idea, but the implementation and transparency still needs work.

Reactions: 9
I agree totally. Rugby sometimes gets tedious at times with the constant stopping and starting but don't think you would get that in football as much. Only stopping for substitutions, goal checks, fouls etc. Might also stop the fake fouls and time wasting which irritates the life out of me. Unbelievable how many players body language changes as soon as they hit the penalty area, waiting for an opportunity to go down. Sterling and Grealish the worst imo (they'll be loads more but notice them more). Full 90 mins of play of decent football is all you want

Reactions: 3
Unfortunately I couldn't get closer
View attachment 1872607View attachment 1872611

šŸ¤£unfortunately not but it wouldn't e leaving my bed if I got it
Heā€™s so šŸ„µšŸ„µ

I know the answer weā€™re going to get it some waffle. Thatā€™s ā€œthere was an error with that camera that cause a technological fault so we trusted the professionals to decideā€ or something.

VAR either needs a massive overhaul or they need to get rid of it. I think they should pull in officials from other leagues as the English refs are either shite, biased, or like Mike Dean, they want all the attention on them.

Luckily I donā€™t think thereā€™s VAR tonight- at least their wasnā€™t for Newcastle and Leicester so Iā€™d expect the same šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I can't be the only one confused by joao Felix going to Chelsea on loan. He's signed a new deal with AM what's the point in the loan then and for such a high amount as well

Reactions: 14
Luckily I donā€™t think thereā€™s VAR tonight- at least their wasnā€™t for Newcastle and Leicester so Iā€™d expect the same šŸ¤£
no VAR til the Semi's. Man Utd v Wolves i'm guessing will be the draw

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I can't be the only one confused by joao Felix going to Chelsea on loan. He's signed a new deal with AM what's the point in the loan then and for such a high amount as well
Felix and simeone don't get on and apparently he is leaving at the end of the season so maybe they hope under a new manager Felix gets on better. Still think Chelsea are stupid for paying all that money essentially for Felix to have a 6 month holiday

Reactions: 9
Does anyone watch much la liga? Is he any good? Iā€™ve watched him loads in the champions league and have been massively underwhelmed considering the hype when he was bought and how much he cost. He looks way to lightweight for the premier league.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone watch much la liga? Is he any good? Iā€™ve watched him loads in the champions league and have been massively underwhelmed considering the hype when he was bought and how much he cost. He looks way to lightweight for the premier league. He does have good moments obviously but imo heā€™s nowhere near as good as people like to make out.
Iā€™ve seen him a bit in la liga and for me heā€™s definitely underwhelming considering the hype etc and is definitely not the profile chelsea need.

Reactions: 7
Does anyone watch much la liga? Is he any good? Iā€™ve watched him loads in the champions league and have been massively underwhelmed considering the hype when he was bought and how much he cost. He looks way to lightweight for the premier league.
I think he was never a good fit with atletiā€™s style of play. Then add in his terrible relationship with simeone. Under a diff team and manager he could have flourished but donā€™t think we will see it at chelsea either. Weird he signed an extension, they must have promised him Diego is leaving or some weird politics there.

Reactions: 8
At least his girlfriend will hopefully bring some drama, sheā€™s supposedly cheated on him twice with two different players from rival teams

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.