Footballers and Wags #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loving the fact that Liverpool fans have always gone on about city being owned by oil money and now the real prospect of the qataries buying Liverpool it's the best thing since sliced bread 🤣🤣🤣
It will be a minority share they won't be able to own Liverpool outright as they own psg and for CL purposes you can't have majority share in more than one club. They are trying to copy man city's module of having multiple clubs.

Reactions: 4
I swear every transfer window there’s one of our players linked with a move to Southampton. We have lost a couple of players to them, I’m sick of it 😂 Back off Southampton! (I know it’s completely normal to lose players but I just get too attached and don’t want any to go)

Reactions: 3
It will be a minority share they won't be able to own Liverpool outright as they own psg and for CL purposes you can't have majority share in more than one club. They are trying to copy man city's module of having multiple clubs.
It’s not true anyway, but at the end of the day it’s heading towards all of the top clubs being owned by these type of companies so not really much that can be done about it 🤷🏻‍♀️ The difference is if Liverpool or Utd end up with those type of owners now it’s completely different to city, we had success before the oil money. I still won’t be happy about it though because I actually have morals unlike the weirdos who are desperate for it 🤢

Reactions: 11
Haaland ain’t my usual type. He’s the total opposite as usually I like dark hair, beards, etc but there is something about Haaland that I find attractive. I don’t know what it is but he’s hot.

I used to think he looked a bit serial killer but now I’m like actually I’d let him smash 🤣.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s not true anyway, but at the end of the day it’s heading towards all of the top clubs being owned by these type of companies so not really much that can be done about it 🤷🏻‍♀️ The difference is if Liverpool or Utd end up with those type of owners now it’s completely different to city, we had success before the oil money. I still won’t be happy about it though because I actually have morals unlike the weirdos who are desperate for it 🤢
I’m the same I don’t want that type of owner at my club, that’s not the foundations of our club and it would make me sad to see it change

Haaland ain’t my usual type. He’s the total opposite as usually I like dark hair, beards, etc but there is something about Haaland that I find attractive. I don’t know what it is but he’s hot.

I used to think he looked a bit serial killer but now I’m like actually I’d let him smash 🤣.
I also love a super tall dark haired bearded man also. i don’t think big Erl is good looking in the traditional sense at all. I said he looked like an alien at dortmund. but his body, the right angles and his weird humor is what makes me like him.

I always have at least one weird random crush and this is prob it haha.

Reactions: 6
I’m the same I don’t want that type of owner at my club, that’s not the foundations of our club and it would make me sad to see it change
Yeah I definitely don’t want it but like I said unfortunately I think it’s heading the way that all of the bigger clubs will have similar owners. Did you see Klopp’s press conference from yesterday, seems like he knows something about a potential sale but obviously can’t say what he knows 🤣

Reactions: 2
not even getting myself into a conversation about ‘oil money’ but will add that the vast majority of millionaires/billionaires didn’t get that money by keeping their nose close 👀 think you’ll find most of the top flight club owners at the minute have dodgy histories and nefarious goings on.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
not even getting myself into a conversation about ‘oil money’ but will add that the vast majority of millionaires/billionaires didn’t get that money by keeping their nose close 👀 think you’ll find most of the top flight club owners at the minute have dodgy histories and nefarious goings on.
Absolutely you are correct, no one achieves that level of wealth without dodgy dealings but at least the majority of owners don’t come from countries where it is illegal to be gay, where women are treated as second class citizens, where slaves are imported from poor countries and don’t actively attempt to sportswash their lack or moral or human rights.

Reactions: 12
Absolutely you are correct, no one achieves that level of wealth without dodgy dealings but at least the majority of owners don’t come from countries where it is illegal to be gay, where women are treated as second class citizens, where slaves are imported from poor countries and don’t actively attempt to sportswash their lack or moral or human rights.
you don’t have the preach the choir to me - i think all of the points you raised are abhorrent but i’m also on the side where i’ve supported a club since i was little, it was ingrained in me from a young age that i was a city fan. do i agree with what happens in the countries where our owners are from? definitely not. will i stop supporting my club? definitely not.

and i think you’ll find the vast majority of club ownership is heading in that direction and i doubt they’ll lose many fans along the way.

If he flops at ManU (🤞🏼 he doesn't), he can always go on the X factor 🎤

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
you don’t have the preach the choir to me - i think all of the points you raised are abhorrent but i’m also on the side where i’ve supported a club since i was little, it was ingrained in me from a young age that i was a city fan. do i agree with what happens in the countries where our owners are from? definitely not. will i stop supporting my club? definitely not.

and i think you’ll find the vast majority of club ownership is heading in that direction and i doubt they’ll lose many fans along the way.
The only way clubs will lose fans really is prices. With how things are in the country atm I am still surprised how many still go week in week out. Fair play to them but some clubs will price out the fans. Yes you can have your opinions but fans pretty much stick with their teams

Reactions: 5
It's exactly the same as city because contrary to popular opinion city had trophies in their history lol Liverpool's sugar daddy was alway the moore family in the 70s/80s as prior to that they had less history than city. Every top 6 club in the premiere league has had a sugar daddy type owner at some point in their history city just got theirs later than the rest.

As said I'm a city fan and have been since 1993. Abu Dhabi isn't our own owner we are also owned by silver lake an American company so contrary to media narrative were not actually 'state owned' ......

I personally don't get the outrage of middle Eastern owners. Yes they dont particularly have great human rights record (that does need to improve) but neither does America or britian or China or Thailand but the narrative isn't the same around them other countries. And middle Eastern money as many like to say was never an issue when it came in to sponsor the Emirates (arsenal) or when Sheffield United are owned by Saudis or wolves who are owned by the Chinese. Or leicester who are owned by thais. The issue as and always will be because city and potentially Newcastle upset the red shirts. Because I personally believe of city were despite the investment a mid table club no one would care who our owners are.

As much as I dislike Liverpool (my mum's a fan) I think they are linking everyone to the sale of you guys. I do think Qatar probably are interested but we also heard he was meeting spurs last week. I wouldn't begrudge another team investment. I don't look at Qatar as the so called oil money being the issue it's they run psg that would bother me if I was a fan of your club. I also think if they come in a minority your owner takes the cash and uses it to buy his American franchise.

Reactions: 9
I usually keep quiet about my weird footballer crushes but oh well, In the style of someone at a AA meeting.
" Hi i'm Laura & I fancy Nemanja Matic"

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It's exactly the same as city because contrary to popular opinion city had trophies in their history lol Liverpool's sugar daddy was alway the moore family in the 70s/80s as prior to that they had less history than city. Every top 6 club in the premiere league has had a sugar daddy type owner at some point in their history city just got theirs later than the rest.

As said I'm a city fan and have been since 1993. Abu Dhabi isn't our own owner we are also owned by silver lake an American company so contrary to media narrative were not actually 'state owned' ......

I personally don't get the outrage of middle Eastern owners. Yes they dont particularly have great human rights record (that does need to improve) but neither does America or britian or China or Thailand but the narrative isn't the same around them other countries. And middle Eastern money as many like to say was never an issue when it came in to sponsor the Emirates (arsenal) or when Sheffield United are owned by Saudis or wolves who are owned by the Chinese. Or leicester who are owned by thais. The issue as and always will be because city and potentially Newcastle upset the red shirts. Because I personally believe of city were despite the investment a mid table club no one would care who our owners are.

As much as I dislike Liverpool (my mum's a fan) I think they are linking everyone to the sale of you guys. I do think Qatar probably are interested but we also heard he was meeting spurs last week. I wouldn't begrudge another team investment. I don't look at Qatar as the so called oil money being the issue it's they run psg that would bother me if I was a fan of your club. I also think if they come in a minority your owner takes the cash and uses it to buy his American franchise.
Just highlighting that for the people in the back. (y)

• Haha
Not a chance Levy risks losing him on a free next year. He’s gone this summer and I have a feeling someone is going to get a bargain, as Levy pretty much has to accept a bid. God this is going to be a torrid 2023 and onwards for us isn’t it, like every other year but somehow even worse 🤢

Pray 4 us @Shhhh111 @Slam dunk “I think i’ve seen this film before and I didn’t like the ending” 😩

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
If he flops at ManU (🤞🏼 he doesn't), he can always go on the X factor 🎤
Why do I find this attractive 😭

Yep absolutely. Half the league will be owned by either a) oil money or b) some other morally questionable consortium.

I wouldn’t like the City or Newcastle owners for the reasons others have mentioned but eventually all clubs likely will go that way :(

Reactions: 6

Oh yeah of course city still won trophies, but the majority of their major success has been in more recent years so that’s what everyone focuses on. And i’m sorry, but to have spent that amount of money over the years with no Champions League trophy to show for it is criminal 😭 If Pep doesn’t win it this year then I don’t think he ever will.

Like I said, it’s looking like all clubs are going to eventually end up with similar owners as city in the next decade, still won’t be happy about it though.

This is absolutely wild when united have looked MILES better after he fucked off 😭 Not saying that’s the only reason they are playing better but i’m willing to bet that it’s a significant part of it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Just seen a report that Jim Ratcliffe and ineos have made it public that they wanna buy united.

So I take it that Todd Boehly is now looking at buying united as well 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.