Footballers and Wags #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love him.

PLAYTIME IS OVER
I was watching an old interview with him and another Wolves player (Fabio Silva I think) and the interviewer aked them the usual, tiresome question about rain in England and Neves responds, deadpan, “I’m here to play football, not go to the beach.” 🤣 I rate this guy. Him and Neto, I rate. I’m not a Wolves fan but these guys are fun to watch and Neto is one of the most entertaining humans I’ve ever seen interviewed.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ll never be able to unhear the audio clip she posted, makes me feel sick every time I think about it 😔 really hope he gets a solid sentence and doesn’t go near a football pitch again.

Reactions: 14
The defence will bring it up though.
If he pleads not guilty and there’s a trial. But that’s a way off.

It honestly doesn’t hold much weight. DV victims can retract their whole statements say it was a lie etc etc. It’s heartbreaking but It’s not shocking or means the victim is lying at all. In fact it’s extremely common for contact to happen, and victim to be coerced back in. Luckily, they have some good evidence it would appear for the CPS to authorise a charge, so that is very promising indeed. Social media contact in domestics aren’t uncommon or means it didn’t happen. It certainly would have been known to the police before the charge.

Reactions: 8

If that's true and the same happens again to her or worse there will be very little sympathy from people. You go back to the abuser because you're addicted to the money then more fool you. Even if charges are dropped I wouldn't want him playing so if I was the manager I would look to sell him. Southgate should never dream of playing him for England no matter how many goals he scored in the Premier League.
I don't think any victim of abuse should be blamed for going back to a toxic relationship but Harriet especially shouldn't and I wouldn't assume it's just the money that's an issue. Due to her age, I assume her relationship with Mason is the first serious relationship she's been in. In which case, she will likely think of his behaviour as normal. To some abuse victim who have known nothing else, abuse comes part and parcel of love and relationships. Her perception of that treatment may be very different to ours because of this.

Reactions: 12
I was with someone like this for 5 years and lost family and had friends threatening to cut me off but I still went back . Looking back I cannot believe the person I was . My heart is breaking for her as now she will feel like it's her fault and she can't tell anyone and she will think she loves this man . I hope she has good people around her 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Never went today for this evenings game, I love their ground such a great atmosphere and a lovely stadium but cant be arsed with seeing Richy celebrate when he scores, Im going to SJP midweek, good luck @nosybirdxo lets hope you’re still singing at the end. #UTFT
Ah you didn’t miss much 😂 Thankfully only took me an hour 20 door to door so least i’m nice and cosy! I’m missing Newcastle which I’m half annoyed by half not, but I’ve recently moved to London so it’d be a bit difficult to get back from. At least Richy didn’t score! Wasn’t a penalty for me either 🙄

Speaking of convictions etc, Shaz, I was going to tag you about this and see if you’d heard anything similar. It’s re: the ex Everton player who was arrested - I won’t name because you’re not meant to etc and I’ll spoiler it incase no one is interested.
I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned on here that I was told start of this year that Everton were told that CPS didn’t have enough to charge said player and also that they didn’t expect any charges to be brought against him, but that cos it was high profile that was why his bail kept getting extended as CPS didn’t wanna be seen to be failing - I’m not sure what the deal is with it anymore - obviously I can’t reveal the exact source on here but it’s gonna have to be a trust me situation 😂 Anyway, it all went quiet on that and he was released obviously, I’ve now been told another story by someone who has no reason to lie BUT apparently a local gang set him up, there was a 16/17 year old involved but it wasn’t like sexual or anything and apparently this gang blackmailed him, and he actually went to the police himself and told them he was being blackmailed and as a result the other stuff had to come out. I found it quite interesting because knowing what I’ve known previously, I think I believe that story.

Reactions: 6
I doubt he will go to prison because of who he is.
Ah you didn’t miss much 😂 Thankfully only took me an hour 20 door to door so least i’m nice and cosy! I’m missing Newcastle which I’m half annoyed by half not, but I’ve recently moved to London so it’d be a bit difficult to get back from. At least Richy didn’t score! Wasn’t a penalty for me either 🙄

Speaking of convictions etc, Shaz, I was going to tag you about this and see if you’d heard anything similar. It’s re: the ex Everton player who was arrested - I won’t name because you’re not meant to etc and I’ll spoiler it incase no one is interested.
I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned on here that I was told start of this year that Everton were told that CPS didn’t have enough to charge said player and also that they didn’t expect any charges to be brought against him, but that cos it was high profile that was why his bail kept getting extended as CPS didn’t wanna be seen to be failing - I’m not sure what the deal is with it anymore - obviously I can’t reveal the exact source on here but it’s gonna have to be a trust me situation 😂 Anyway, it all went quiet on that and he was released obviously, I’ve now been told another story by someone who has no reason to lie BUT apparently a local gang set him up, there was a 16/17 year old involved but it wasn’t like sexual or anything and apparently this gang blackmailed him, and he actually went to the police himself and told them he was being blackmailed and as a result the other stuff had to come out. I found it quite interesting because knowing what I’ve known previously, I think I believe that story.
Oh I know who you’re talking about, I had wondered what happened with that. Sounds feasible.

Reactions: 3

could be but wouldn't the age have to be lower as if 16/17 not illegal unless in a position of trust??

Reactions: 2

@noseybirdxo I agree it never was a penalty but either way they were the better team. I wondered why the VAR check never showed on Sky apparently it was clear and obvious 🤣 even JP asked was it checked, commentary was horrendous too.

Story I heard the story and saw alleged photos of the underaged girl who looked a lot older than underage (which I know means duck all), and her family members who could have been gang members were responsible for the black mail, how true Im not sure but his career has gone whether it happened or not.

Reactions: 5
I doubt he will go to prison because of who he is.

Oh I know who you’re talking about, I had wondered what happened with that. Sounds feasible.
I know for certain the bit regarding CPS with ex-Everton player is true just cos of where it’s come from, but the recent story feels it makes sense as to how it all happened.
@noseybirdxo I agree it never was a penalty but either way they were the better team. I wondered why the VAR check never showed on Sky apparently it was clear and obvious 🤣 even JP asked was it checked, commentary was horrendous too.

Story I heard the story and saw alleged photos of the underaged girl who looked a lot older than underage (which I know means duck all), and her family members who could have been gang members were responsible for the black mail, how true Im not sure but his career has gone whether it happened or not.
They didn’t even check VAR in the ground, I think it was a bit of a dive and there wasn’t really that much contact - they were the better team though, I agree!

Oh that’s interesting!!! It’s been very drawn out that’s for sure, it’s been over a year and he’s not been charged…. If it wasn’t true then I think it’s very sad that he’s had his career ruined

Drake putting £600,000 on Arsenal to beat Leeds sounds like a curse to me… 🤣
Definitely. All the articles about how Arsenal are a better team this season, it's just asking to curse the team. Even though they are much improved and definitely going in the right direction on the pitch. Still always expecting them to do an Arsenal.

Reactions: 3
Well we have 47 year old James Milner starting at right back today, Haaland genuinely might score 10 😂 I’m not even bothered about losing to city because it’s obvious what the result will be and I don’t think people expect anything different, i’m just annoyed that VVD’s anfield record is gonna be over after 5 years 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Well we have 47 year old James Milner starting at right back today, Haaland genuinely might score 10 😂 I’m not even bothered about losing to city because it’s obvious what the result will be and I don’t think people expect anything different, i’m just annoyed that VVD’s anfield record is gonna be over after 5 years 💔
I'm a little worried about today's match ... everyone has us as favourite which is an instant curse 😒 and I dunno I just have this horrible feeling. I'm hoping to come back here after the match and give myself a stern talking to fir not having much faith 🤣🤣🤞🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏🙏💙💙

Reactions: 8
I'm a little worried about today's match ... everyone has us as favourite which is an instant curse 😒 and I dunno I just have this horrible feeling. I'm hoping to come back here after the match and give myself a stern talking to fir not having much faith 🤣🤣🤞🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏🙏💙💙
Without sounding rude, please don’t be delusional 😭 I am genuinely expecting us to hold at least 5/6 goals to you lot today. It was bad enough that we were in awful form but now we have 3 of our defenders out injured so we have absolutely zero chance of getting a result today, I wouldn’t worry if I was you 😂

Arsenal game suspended because of a power cut 😭 That Drake curse is real

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.