Footballers and Wags #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Joe Bryan is an absolute gem of a human being. I love following him on insta.
A9199855-0C25-47B5-BFE0-1448B9C3EA0B.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hopefully this means it wasn’t a racist comment as I can’t see Gabriel being relaxed if he was racially abused. Also says it was something he overheard on the pitch, not necessarily that it was directed towards him. Seems like both players have given their side of the story to the FA so hopefully they say something soon.

Reactions: 6
Hopefully this means it wasn’t a racist comment as I can’t see Gabriel being relaxed if he was racially abused. Also says it was something he overheard on the pitch, not necessarily that it was directed towards him. Seems like both players have given their side of the story to the FA so hopefully they say something soon.
yeah, this update makes it seem like it was a misunderstanding/mistranslation, as others have said. hopefully that's the case here

anyway, maybe I'm just cynical, but at what point (if any) do you think that some city players may start to feel aggrieved or bitter about being constantly overshadowed by the norwegian robot? surely, after a while, scoring a great goal but having interviewers only ask you about haaland's insane goals must get irritating?

Reactions: 4
I'm delighted Forest at least got a point :D That interview Henderson did about not wanting Ten Hag to see him train as he'd then want to keep him 🤣
I’d say Ten Hag loses more sleep over forgetting to put the bins out than Dean Henderson :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
anyway, maybe I'm just cynical, but at what point (if any) do you think that some city players may start to feel aggrieved or bitter about being constantly overshadowed by the norwegian robot? surely, after a while, scoring a great goal but having interviewers only ask you about haaland's insane goals must get irritating?
Maybe none if there a lot of silverware at end of season. I’m sure many of them knew this would happen. Good thing is he seems to have a good personality and gets along with everyone off the pitch and during practice etc.

You’ll prob see annoyance first and foremost with Pep in interviews. Already kind of see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Maybe none if there a lot of silverware at end of season. I’m sure many of them knew this would happen. Good thing is he seems to have a good personality and gets along with everyone off the pitch and during practice etc.

You’ll prob see annoyance first and foremost with Pep in interviews. Already kind of see it.
He definitely appears to be fitting in if the training videos are anything to go by. And luckily, he doesn’t seem to have a huge ego or a selfish streak. Pep is pretty good at balancing things out. I believe it was the Dortmund game where Stones scored a worldie and Haaland later scored a beauty but in the post-game press conference, Pep told reporters before they started with questions “ask me about John Stones first please.”

• Heart
Reactions: 6
maybe I'm just cynical, but at what point (if any) do you think that some city players may start to feel aggrieved or bitter about being constantly overshadowed by the norwegian robot? surely, after a while, scoring a great goal but having interviewers only ask you about haaland's insane goals must get irritating?
I do hope so, nothing tears into a man's ego better than petty jealousy. It could cause an implosion and I am here for it :devilish::m

Reactions: 5
Should we have a world cup predictions at some point??

yeah, this update makes it seem like it was a misunderstanding/mistranslation, as others have said. hopefully that's the case here

I think some of them probably get annoyed with the journalists but not with Haaland cause he seems like a nice lad and journalists are always going to ask about the most basic tit

maybe some of the reserves/fringe players might be thinking like duck sake no way am I getting a game now…🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Should we have a world cup predictions at some point??

I think some of them probably get annoyed with the journalists but not with Haaland cause he seems like a nice lad and journalists are always going to ask about the most basic tit

maybe some of the reserves/fringe players might be thinking like duck sake no way am I getting a game now…🤣
I just want it to start getting to the Gucci 🐍
I like when he's annoyed, the hair seems to get wider and higher every game 😝

• Haha
I just want it to start getting to the Gucci 🐍
I like when he's annoyed, the hair seems to get wider and higher every game 😝
It just makes me laugh that Haaland, a Norwegian, at 22 has better vocabulary and temperament than the Grealish, but then so do most 5 year olds!

Apparently he’s learning to speak Spanish, perhaps he could relearn English?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
It just makes me laugh that Haaland, a Norwegian, at 22 has better vocabulary and temperament than the Grealish, but then so do most 5 year olds!

Apparently he’s learning to speak Spanish, perhaps he could relearn English?
I said it on his thread last week but the thought of Jack sat on the team coach with his headphones on doing his duo lingo spanish lesson is so funny to me. Bless his heart, not a clue 😭

Reactions: 12
I love the idea of him oblivious to the world reading it out loud but just in his normal voice without any pronunciations 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I said it on his thread last week but the thought of Jack sat on the team coach with his headphones on doing his duo lingo spanish lesson is so funny to me. Bless his heart, not a clue 😭
Let me guess........

¿Hay algún bar por aquí? – Is there a bar around here?
¿A qué hora abren las discotecas? – What time do the clubs open?
¿Dónde está la farmacia? — Where is the pharmacy?
¿Necesito una receta? — Do I need a prescription?
¿Qué medicina necesito? — What medicine do I need?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m seeing Bridget Jones we’re she’s in the ski resort going “MITT BEBE” 🤣. At least Pep will help him out bless him.

Edit- I say this like I didn’t nearly cry when I went out in Greece with my boyfriend. He ordered in Greek to the waiter then left me to go to the mens. I was so scared they’d come back and I’d be like ummmmm sorry I’m a pleb

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Edit- I say this like I didn’t nearly cry when I went out in Greece with my boyfriend. He ordered in Greek to the waiter then left me to go to the mens. I was so scared they’d come back and I’d be like ummmmm sorry I’m a pleb
i feel you. my boyfriend speaks spanish and italian and whenever we've gone to spain/italy and a waiter or a shopkeeper has addressed me first instead of him, I just smile like a pleb whilst he replies. he never understood why I found it awkward until last month when we were in an Italian village on the Tyrolean border and people kept on speaking to us in german and he'd have to awkwardly reply in Italian haha

back to football, who do you think will be the next manager to be sacked in the prem?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.