Footballers and Wags #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gary Lineker is about as likeable as Philip Schofield with addition of a freak show brother.
Yes, I'm generously overlooking the brother.

I know he was a total cheating shagger back in the day. But i suspect he's aged out, or someone has dosed him with bromide now.
Anyway, I like his liberal beliefs and also his glasses.

Reactions: 6
Yes, I'm generously overlooking the brother.

I know he was a total cheating shagger back in the day. But i suspect he's aged out, or someone has dosed him with bromide now.
Anyway, I like his liberal beliefs and also his glasses.
Yes those liberal views whilst *cough* avoiding paying tax *cough*

also it’s about time he stopped hogging that MOTD seat and gave someone else a chance

Reactions: 6
I wonder if either of the two men are in the England team, i am actually pleasantly surprised that quite a few footballers and pundits have known who the men are for years and the story has never leaked. It shows club support is far better these days as well. I can see the pros and cons of coming out during The World Cup given where it’s being held.

View attachment 1649014
Before, During or after I support any player in coming out, but I think i'm hoping it's not during as you can guarantee they will get the blame for their Country not winning the whole thing. As odds of them playing for the team who wins is low i'd assume.

Reactions: 3
Yes those liberal views whilst *cough* avoiding paying tax *cough*

also it’s about time he stopped hogging that MOTD seat and gave someone else a chance
I thought he debunked the tax thing?
He could definitely give up MOTD, but it’s dying a death anyway. I’ll always watch it cause it’s just what you do, but all my younger relatives prefer highlights online

Reactions: 3
I wonder if either of the two men are in the England team, i am actually pleasantly surprised that quite a few footballers and pundits have known who the men are for years and the story has never leaked. It shows club support is far better these days as well. I can see the pros and cons of coming out during The World Cup given where it’s being held.

View attachment 1649014
I hope they do feel comfortable to come out and I’m glad no one has gone to the press. It would show that footballs come a long way… still a way to go but it’s something.

I think any player would likely wait until they were out of the World Cup before making the announcement. UK isn’t perfect by any means but it’s not bleeping Qatar.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just had a binge of Welcome to Wrexham what a brilliant documentary, well worth a watch.

Reactions: 11
I get that he probably means well but Gary Lineker has no place in talking about this. He’s hinting that he knows exactly who it is therefore putting more pressure on them. If a player wants to come out as gay then that’s absolutely fantastic and very brave of them, but they should be able to do this in their own time when they feel comfortable and ready to do so. It shouldn’t be seen as “making a statement” which is clearly what Lineker is implying here. Personally I just feel that people (especially those who are straight) should not be discussing this as it’s really nothing to do with them.

Reactions: 17

Lol those grown men 🤣
Its even funnier when you hear this version with music over the top😭

Can’t decide which blokes reaction is the funniest, i’m going with the one on the right hand side in the black jacket grinning like a Cheshire cat 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Can’t decide which blokes reaction is the funniest, i’m going with the one on the right hand side in the black jacket grinning like a Cheshire cat 🤣

Over 2m views 😂😂😂 our fellow Spurs fans and their "oppa" moment goes viral

I love the guy with the short blonde/ginger hair that instantly turns back to his mate after waving and the guy in the green hoodie like just above Sons head. He looks like a proper fanboy 🤣

I think Gary means well and I’m sure in his playing days he’d have never imagined the day would come where this could be talked about openly. And he’s correct about the agent side of things- they’d make absolute bank of a top tier footballer came out! But players shouldn’t feel pressure to come out during the World Cup. Like mentioned above there is a huge difference between coming out in the UK and in Qatar! I do think we are not far off a premier league player coming out.

Reactions: 9
I think Gary means well and I’m sure in his playing days he’d have never imagined the day would come where this could be talked about openly. And he’s correct about the agent side of things- they’d make absolute bank of a top tier footballer came out! But players shouldn’t feel pressure to come out during the World Cup. Like mentioned above there is a huge difference between coming out in the UK and in Qatar! I do think we are not far off a premier league player coming out.
For me it's the "two players" again.
Two players write to The Sun about wanting to come out.
Two players have been in touch with Amal Fashanu's foundation
Two players I know want to come out says Lineker

Is these the same two players all the time? Because trust and believe there are more than two!
Two per team would probably be accurate.

I can imagine a older player toward the end of his career will come out. A younger player might think he doesn’t want to put up with all the horrible tit off the worst kind of fans he’ll get for years

There’s definitely more than two gay or bisexual men in the league. I’d say maybe it’s two that feel comfortable and maybe the other men sadly don’t feel ready.

Reactions: 2
The only thing I'd want from Linekar is a lifetime supply of walkers crisps 😋😋😋 I love crisps ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Omg. If she’s living with him, she’s likely dropping the charges isn’t she 🙁. So the prick will get away with it until he does it again either to her or another girl…he’s probably manipulated her into “Sorry honey I’ve changed” and she’s fallen for it. (Not blaming her, lots of people have blinkers on when it comes to their abuser).

I really really hope Man United don’t take him back. They have the chance to make the right choice where Arsenal didn’t.

Reactions: 17
disturbing how many think a Not Guilty verdict or charges being dropped = innocent.
As we've seen from the Arsenal player having charges dropped on a technicality

I get that he probably means well but Gary Lineker has no place in talking about this. He’s hinting that he knows exactly who it is therefore putting more pressure on them. If a player wants to come out as gay then that’s absolutely fantastic and very brave of them, but they should be able to do this in their own time when they feel comfortable and ready to do so. It shouldn’t be seen as “making a statement” which is clearly what Lineker is implying here. Personally I just feel that people (especially those who are straight) should not be discussing this as it’s really nothing to do with them.
Agree. This smacks of attention seeking from Lineker. It’s nothing to do with him. Maybe they don’t feel the need to ‘come out’ just want to get on and live there lives and don’t feel their sexuality is anyone else’s business

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.