Footballers and Wags #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Get it out of your system today, Haaland. No goals left for Saturday, thank you please 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m scared for Saturday 😭.

Also I mean props to City they have some mentality to keep coming back from losing scores…

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I guess we can have Diego Costa running up and down the touchline. But now he's admitted he was scared of the wolfdogs used in his announcement video (they do photoshoots and other events BTW! https://www.watermillwolves.co.uk/), maybe that's lost some of its impact too! Our double over City feels like a very long time ago now!

I’m excited to see Costa, hopefully he gives us something new! Maybe we can pull something off, hopefully Pep decides to put Haaland on the bench…and give us a break 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I have no idea what is up with these teams this season but no one is wowing me so far. Fair play to city for coming back but those two goals aside they didn’t play great at all. I’m wondering if it has something to do with the world cup, a lot of players maybe not playing to their full potential incase they get injured and miss it? Still struggling to get over the madness & stupidity of having the world cup mid season 🤯

Reactions: 9
I have no idea what is up with these teams this season but no one is wowing me so far. Fair play to city for coming back but those two goals aside they didn’t play great at all. I’m wondering if it has something to do with the world cup, a lot of players maybe not playing to their full potential incase they get injured and miss it? Still struggling to get over the madness & stupidity of having the world cup mid season 🤯
The only reason why the World Cup is happening in November is because the weather in Qatar would be around 29.5°C with a low of 20°C whereas if they have had the World Cup in June like they usually do the weather would be around 42°C with a low of 30°C. However, I don't understand why they selected Qatar to be the hosts as they are currently facing an accommodation crisis as they have got no affordable hotels for people to stay in, if you are planning to attend a match you have to apply for a Hayya Card, fans at a trail event that took place recently were left without water, they have faced strong criticism due to the treatment of foreign workers who were involved in preparation for the World Cup as many were working in poor conditions and there have been many other controversies which are listed in the link that I have provided below: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_controversies.

Tbh I think this is the reason why many teams aren't playing well at the moment because all the players have all got the World Cup on their mind and want to fully fit by the time the World Cup comes round. I mean I just think that having a World Cup in a country that has a limited football history and a high expected cost was probably not the best idea as I think that there was a lot of bribery between the Qatar Bid comittee and Fifa members and executives which is why Qatar got to host the World Cup imo.

Reactions: 4
I’m dreading the WC. I’m scared for the injuries and fatigue. I can say this as a citizen of a country that will not do well in the WC anyway: club over country!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The only reason why the World Cup is happening in November is because the weather in Qatar would be around 29.5°C with a low of 20°C whereas if they have had the World Cup in June like they usually do the weather would be around 42°C with a low of 30°C. However, I don't understand why they selected Qatar to be the hosts as they are currently facing an accommodation crisis as they have got no affordable hotels for people to stay in, if you are planning to attend a match you have to apply for a Hayya Card, fans at a trail event that took place recently were left without water, they have faced strong criticism due to the treatment of foreign workers who were involved in preparation for the World Cup as many were working in poor conditions and there have been many other controversies which are listed in the link that I have provided below: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_controversies.

Tbh I think this is the reason why many teams aren't playing well at the moment because all the players have all got the World Cup on their mind and want to fully fit by the time the World Cup comes round. I mean I just think that having a World Cup in a country that has a limited football history and a high expected cost was probably not the best idea as I think that there was a lot of bribery between the Qatar Bid comittee and Fifa members and executives which is why Qatar got to host the World Cup imo.
Yeah i’m well aware of why it’s taking place in Winter, I still find it incredibly stupid though that Qatar was actually chosen as the host. It’s absolutely disgusting some of the stories that have come out 🤮

I am

I’m dreading the WC. I’m scared for the injuries and fatigue. I can say this as a citizen of a country that will not do well in the WC anyway: club over country!
Seriously if I was a football player myself and I got called up to the international squad for the World Cup I would say no thanks because like you I am dreading the World Cup as I think when the players come back many of them will be fatigued and I think in the Premier League we will see some shock results because most of the players won't have had a break.

• Sad
  • Heart
I am

Luckily a lot of our players either aren’t going or won’t play a lot, but it’s still a worry and I can see it having a significant impact on the seasons of a lot of teams.

Reactions: 5
Yeah i’m well aware of why it’s taking place in Winter, I still find it incredibly stupid though that Qatar was actually chosen as the host.
Yeah same there were so many countries that would have made as better hosts. I have just checked what countries bid for the World Cup and they were Qatar, United States, South Korea, Japan and Australia. The best host out of these imo would have been Australia as they have some really nice football stadiums but when you Qatar's stadiums they only have 8 and they have a smaller capacity than Australia's football stadiums.

Reactions: 6
Yeah same there were so many countries that would have made as better hosts. I have just checked what countries bid for the World Cup and they were Qatar, United States, South Korea, Japan and Australia. The best host out of these imo would have been Australia.
Australia perhaps too unattractive because of the match times?

Reactions: 7
Australia perhaps too unattractive because of the match times?
That is true but that would have been the same issue for South Korea and Japan if they had hosted the World Cup as they are 9 hours in front, Australia have different time zones some of which are similar to each other, but may be United States would have been better as the match times are more suitable, however they are hosting it in 2026 along with Canada and Mexico so that could explain way they weren't chosen to host it this year. I do think this years World Cup is the most unpredictable one though as I can see some shock results happening and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a shock winner.

Reactions: 6

Nike really just don’t care anymore do they? 🤣
Not sure about them? Dont really like the blue on the shoulders 🤔 looks a bit cheap and they’ll be charging a fortune for them no doubt. Adidas same, new Scotland tops look really cheap as well although I do like the design better.

Reactions: 2

Nike really just don’t care anymore do they? 🤣
I don’t like the blue on the shoulders of the home kit. The away just looks like a knock off of the 90s one.

Literally like they went “duck it that’ll do”

Reactions: 4
Wish that was me.

I mean id have to wear heels and go on tiptoes, and he’d have to lean down a bit cause I’m small but still 🤣
I really felt for Jude Bellingham when he said how gutted he was with the result and how rubbish it was for Haaland to be on the opposing team lol. Every now and again you remember that he’s just a young pup.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.