Football Club Thread #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching Leeds Bird's watchalong of Leeds losing to Southampton, I had to smile at her complaining that Farke didn't make substitutions fast enough.

Ummm, have Leeds fans not watched Farke's teams play?
And the way he uses substitutes.
NOT BEFORE THE 80TH MINUTE!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh... Man City lost.

If Spurs win, my prediction that Spurs win the league could be on.

Does anyone else feel guilty of they don't go to a game?

I couldn't go today as my husband hasn't been feeling well and my son had a hangover, so didn't want to go on my own! Of course we won 🫣

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else feel guilty of they don't go to a game?

I couldn't go today as my husband hasn't been feeling well and my son had a hangover, so didn't want to go on my own! Of course we won 🫣
Due to various circumstances I quite often go on my own. Would never not go.

Reactions: 2
If that's the Premier League then I don't want it.

It was never going to be perfect, but just how on Earth have they managed to get it so very wrong.

Reactions: 1
Due to various circumstances I quite often go on my own. Would never not go.
I go alone if my family can’t make it - in a lot of ways it’s better because you can do whatever you want to do before & after 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Same here, my family often can’t join me now so I go alone a lot — and with the trains being a constant nightmare the journey from south London to Wolves is often a long one. As a solo female, I often get to have some good discussions with ‘away’ supporters heading north — and not too much stick.

It’s also easy to get a great seat when you only need one and I really like meeting and hearing the stories of the different season ticket holders I end up next to, about the glory days, decades ago, but also their own memories and history with the club. There was an 80-ish guy who was telling me how he was supposed to have a trial with Wolves as a teenager in the ‘50s. But he got injured just before and they didn’t re-extend the invitation. He wasn’t bitter though — loves the club as much as ever and proudly displays the invitation letter on his mantelpiece for all his grandkids to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
@ordinaryjelly

As the first goal went in, I was saying the cross was too low, then I was on my way back from the toilet when the second went in..

You have had a lot of chances though and we are on our sub keeper and this is his first game..

Leeds put in an absolute shift tonight at Leicester. Leicester's first shot on target was in the 95th minute. Meslier made some superb saves. But that was a collosal win for us.

Georgiiiiinoo. 1 - 0 💙🤍💛👊🏻

Screenshot_20231103_214312_Dolphin.jpg