Food Trends you are sick of seeing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've noticed that many coffees and juices now seem to be "cold-press". It's even on my bottle of Tia Maria, which I've never noticed before. I think I'm supposed to be wowed and impressed by this new method of providing me with beverages...but I'm not.
Am I the only person who doesn't understand what is meant by 'cold press'?

Reactions: 6
Bacon dust as a topping and also alcohol in desserts or bbq sauce. I dont mind it cooked ofd in sauces where it just adds depth but I hate food tasting like its been doused in it.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I am sick of seeing vegan chicken wings on menus.,,, it’s bleeping cauliflower!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hahah I haven’t seen them called vegan chicken wings but I’ve seen stuff like KFC which is Korean Fried Cauliflower and yeh really like those but it’s not ‘chickeny’

Those letterbox cakes. When I get home from work, there's nothing more appetising than the thought of tucking into a single slice of cake that's spent the last 2 days going through the Royal Mail system, then squeezed through the letterbox and left to lay on my doormat for 9 hours. Mmmmmm!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Not sure if has been mentioned but on Tiktok there was all these sweet businesses that people were suddenly started up in in 2020/21 and they have all died off now. Felt like everyone had decided to go mad for selling pick and mix sweets as an online business in the dark times. Wonder how many of them had followed proper health and safety measures as it quite a few I saw were done in people's kitchens basically or they hired a room for their buisnesses/

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Not sure if has been mentioned but on Tiktok there was all these sweet businesses that people were suddenly started up in in 2020/21 and they have all died off now. Felt like everyone had decided to go mad for selling pick and mix sweets as an online business in the dark times. Wonder how many of them had followed proper health and safety measures as it quite a few I saw were done in people's kitchens basically or they hired a room for their buisnesses/
It was people doing cupcakes in their kitchen before that.

The pick and mix was so bad because of just how expensive they were.

Much better value to just order a 3kg bag of your favourites. Speaking as someone who has bought on several occasions £20-30 of big bags of selected favourite pick and mix sweets from dedicated sweet retailers online. Terrible bad habit to do that though. But fizzy bubblegum bottles 🤤🤤

Reactions: 2
Don't know if it's been said but my Instagram is full of videos of mums making lunches for their kids. They look pretty but I couldn't be arsed myself. Lots of them make a sandwich then use a cutter to just cut out a nice shape and throw the rest away.

Reactions: 6
Sick of airfryers on TV shows and hibachis. Perhaps some jealousy on my part ha
Air fryer is a life saver. I used it almost everyday, as I cannot be arse waiting for half an hour for my potato to be baked. Use it to air fry my fish too so my house doesn’t stinks haha

Reactions: 7
Burgers on things that aren’t burger buns. Brioche buns are bad enough with their weirdly sweet taste, but now I’ve started to see monstrous creations like burgers sandwiched between two actual Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts. It makes me want to projectile vomit.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Don't know if it's been said but my Instagram is full of videos of mums making lunches for their kids. They look pretty but I couldn't be arsed myself. Lots of them make a sandwich then use a cutter to just cut out a nice shape and throw the rest away.
I've seen this, what a tremendous waste of food too. Just give them a whole sandwich!

I'm sick of food being overly visually pleasing because 9 times out of 10, it has zero substance.

Overly sweet everything. I feel like this American style eating has taken over everywhere and the whole freakshakes, sugar covered glasses, stuff you can't even eat or drink because it'll topple over and bury you is sickening. I've seen a video of a famous diner in Chicago putting a giant slice of iced chocolate cake in ice cream, mixing it up with syrup and more ice-cream and serving it as a "cake-shake". Made me heave. It's a mystery of teeth aren't just dropping out of people's mouths these days. It'll be diabetes nation soon enough.

Reactions: 12
Am I the only person who doesn't understand what is meant by 'cold press'?
Its when a force is essentially applied to say fruit or which ever, to get as much of the juice from it as possible without applying any height, that's used in pasteurisation (so it doesn't destroy anything that's good about it).

Nah, couldn't give a tit to be honest. I just know if it says cold press on it I won't buy it because it costs three times as much as normal stuff. 😂
Yeah is highly annoying that

Reactions: 1
Air fryer is a life saver. I used it almost everyday, as I cannot be arse waiting for half an hour for my potato to be baked. Use it to air fry my fish too so my house doesn’t stinks haha
Bung spud in microwave done in less than 10

Reactions: 3
Avocados 🥑- yes you know who you are!
Pretentious, Tory inspired basic brunch biatches lol 😆
I just can’t be doing with them - it just tastes like fat? 😯