Food Trends you are sick of seeing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These stupid food trends just get worse...
View attachment 1681226
I’ve never understood this, always see it on Tiktok. Just why?

everything in a jar
salad . fruit. coffee. overnight oat crap.

i do not want to eat out of a jar. no it is not "handy" . Don't need to be walking around with a jar of Cesar salad thanks.
Slightly disagree, if you work a busy schedule it’s great for meal prepping. Breakfasts are so much easier in a jar and I can take it to work

Reactions: 2
I thought, what’s up with that cake? Then I saw the wine glass 🤣 I’m so confused, is it just the idea of cutting even portions? Must make a right mess!
I seen someone doing this on Instagram, apparently they eat it out of the glass then, so no washing up of a knife and plates…but you do have to wash the glass 🥴😂

Make it, make sense!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I seen someone doing this on Instagram, apparently they eat it out of the glass then, so no washing up of a knife and plates…but you do have to wash the glass 🥴😂

Make it, make sense!!
Because washing a glass is so much easier than a small plate FFS

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'd much rather wash the cake knife and plates than washing wine glasses, so much easier.

(Admittedly, I often stick them in the dishwasher, but that's beside the point. I also stick the plates in the dishwasher and I'd much rather eat my cake from a plate like a grown-ass person that mushed up cake out of a wine glass)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
'Foraged' everything. It ain't Foraged, it's from the cash and carry.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Don't come at me, but I really can't stand those rainbow cakes. Double points if they've got smarties or similar hidden in them :sick: Those cakes never look tasty and are like chewy plastic a gummy bear ran across for taste.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Honestly.. cakes made in an air fryer . I’m not completely adverse to Air Fryers but cakes . What happened to using the oven to bake cakes etc

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
There seems to be a Jackfruit trend going on everywhere. Has anyone actually tried it?!
we have a local vegan restaurant that does a pretty good jackfruit burger!
---
Fake meat. As a vegetarian of 35+ years I’ll stick to lentils, beans, veg etc I don’t want fake bacon or chicken - if that’s what you want just eat the actual meat?

and as others have mentioned, grazing platters / tables - it’s just a mess of piled up food!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
It is not really food, but it is the obsession with the air fryer at the moment. There are these videos that come up all the time, where his woman called Lucy makes meals on the air fryer for under a £5 or a certain amount, and most of the time, they never look that good, and she is cooking a whole meal in there. I think air fyers have their use but I hate how much people rave about them and just the recipes which come from them.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
we have a local vegan restaurant that does a pretty good jackfruit burger!
---
Fake meat. As a vegetarian of 35+ years I’ll stick to lentils, beans, veg etc I don’t want fake bacon or chicken - if that’s what you want just eat the actual meat?

and as others have mentioned, grazing platters / tables - it’s just a mess of piled up food!
bravo ! 👏 Thanks for actually saying this !
im not vegetarian but enjoy lots of meat free options ..so only coming from my own opinion but i have never been able to get my head round why theres all these vegan /vegetarian fake meat products that try to look like actual real animal products..i would have thought that this would have been massive no no .
i think if i was veggie it would totally disgust me.
The vegan/plant based take over everywhere also annoys me as there were lots of items in supermarkets etc that would be suitable for vegetarians that I really enjoyed eating and these seemed to have been ditched and Plant based is the only option which must be really frustrating for vegetarians to have their choices restricted

• Heart
Agree on the grazing tables… sweaty meat next to the strawberry, next to the pretzels, next to your grans false teeth… no thank you

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Putting spirulina in everything to make it blue. Like blue lattes , blue mayo , blue coleslaw you name it

• Sick
Reactions: 3
The reels of people eating a day of Italian/Chinese/Arabic in London and other cities. The amount of food is obscene makes me feel sick.

Putting spirulina in everything to make it blue. Like blue lattes , blue mayo , blue coleslaw you name it
It is the same as that phase of putting charcoal in everything to make it black ! Or the opposite, rainbow food ! I It's quirky the first time then it's just disgusting!

• Sick
It is the same as that phase of putting charcoal in everything to make it black ! Or the opposite, rainbow food ! I It's quirky the first time then it's just disgusting!
It's not so made if it doesn't alter the taste
It's a bit like when heinz made the green ketchup

Reactions: 2