Food Trends you are sick of seeing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to hate the rainbow cake trend. A 7 layer cake full of artificial colouring, no thanks. Also hate how coloured sprinkles are on/ in so many cakes. They add nothing to the taste or appearance, again just more unnecessary chemicals

Reactions: 11
I saw pictures of crazy milkshakes - big full glasses with like a slice of cake on top. I just think things like that seem insane. Or last year everyone was filling their easter eggs with ice cream or cheesecake mix - it doesn't even sound nice, just sounds extra for the hell of it.

Reactions: 14
Just thought of another one- allegedly edible glitter on cakes and in gin etc. Contains mica so you’re basically consuming something used to make eye shadow etc.
Also edible gold was on so many desserts at Christmas. I deffo do not want heavy metal poisoning for Christmas thank you very much

Reactions: 8
I used to hate the rainbow cake trend. A 7 layer cake full of artificial colouring, no thanks. Also hate how coloured sprinkles are on/ in so many cakes. They add nothing to the taste or appearance, again just more unnecessary chemicals
I do like cake but I don't want cake that's been so overly decorated. I'm happy with a fairy cake. (I think? The buns with plain sponge and a bit of icing on top)

Reactions: 4
What the duck is this
ugh yes the chocolate hummus is a big thing where i am too. its disgusting ftr.
however I have recently seen potato chip/ crisp flavored hummus , salt and vinegar, ketchup , bbq and a dill pickle one .
the dill pickle one is amazing . I haven't tried the others.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I haven’t read many other posts.

But I can’t stand how places describe their standard/average burgers or fries as ‘dirty’. What is so filthy about a bit of cheese
Or "slutty" (also applied to desserts with a bit of caramel or cream on them.) For goodness' sake, I'm going to eat it, not try to have sex with it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s that time of year where all I’m seeing is people on Instagram adding mini eggs to every thing

Reactions: 6
It’s that time of year where all I’m seeing is people on Instagram adding mini eggs to every thing
literally!!
Mini eggs brownies, mini egg millionaire shortcake, mini egg fudge, mini egg toast, mini egg fajitas, mini egg steak (ok the last ones were exaggerated)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
literally!!
Mini eggs brownies, mini egg millionaire shortcake, mini egg fudge, mini egg toast, mini egg fajitas, mini egg steak (ok the last ones were exaggerated)
My fave was a slimming world account - a crossaint with crushed up mini eggs on top of it with a bit of chocolate sauce 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There’s a chain that does ‘hanging kebabs’ basically a skewer with about 6 cubes of meat with pepper and chips on the side and they charge £14.95

People go wild for them but I’d still be starving?!

Reactions: 2
Baking creme eggs into brownies too! Ruining perfectly good brownies.

Reactions: 6
There’s a chain that does ‘hanging kebabs’ basically a skewer with about 6 cubes of meat with pepper and chips on the side and they charge £14.95

People go wild for them but I’d still be starving?!
If that's The Botanist, I had one and was definitely full, although it was annoying to eat with a massive torture contraption on my plate.

Reactions: 3