Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Me again

I also hate this trend of people becoming a professional baker cos they've baked a few cakes over lockdown. I've seen so many people make a bakery account and do a boomerang of them opening a box with a biscoff cupcake, a blonde and a old school cake in 😴 and charging 15 quid for it when you can get cheaper cakes in Lidl

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
American style cupcakes. way too sweet I want to make the UK fairy cakes popular again. a fair-sized cake with a small about of topping rather than a mountain of topping that is so sweet it makes your teeth and head hurt. in fact, let's stop with the over sweetening of everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

HowlOwl

VIP Member
Cakes covered in Maltesers, with Kit Kats all around the edge, cream eggs on top - so sickly! What’s wrong with just cake!

Reactions: 46

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Grazing platters
Freakshakes
Cakes/cupcakes decorated with entire biscuits on top
Anything labelled as 'dirty'
The diversification of products. Like Oreo biscuits? How about Oreo cereal, Oreo ice cream, Oreo Muller Corner, Oreo Dairylea Lunchables WTF?!

• Haha
Reactions: 45

bunnyboo

VIP Member
'Nature's cereal', the new viral tik tok trend... basically a bowl of fruit with ice and water. And it's all over instagram now too.

After seeing this, I just... I'm done, eating is cancelled. Fuck off with your medium rare smoothies.

Ewv-Ju0WQAAqn4R?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
It’s not as much of a trend lately, but those rainbow bagels used to terrify me. They look like they’re made out of Play-Doh. Always reminded me of the imaginary food scene from Hook - all the brightly dyed foods that look like they taste horrible.

Food shouldn’t look like that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Grazing tables/platters.

They look impressive at first then you look closer and it’s just a mess of random scotch eggs/mini donuts/bits of ham

• Sick
Reactions: 32

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
Was going to post this on ‘things you’re sick of seeing on social media’ but it isn’t social media as such, even though I see it everywhere, especially on insta 😅

I’ll start: ‘hot cross bun flavoured’ this, ‘hot cross bun stuffed’ that NO just the thought of overly sweet cinnamon weird liquid stuffed cookies makes me feel sick 🤢🤢 what is the point?? Just have a hot cross bun! 😫

Attachments

• Sick

under the ivy

VIP Member
These pick and mix delivery services on IG or wherever. £10 for a box of sweets, rip off.

Dessert places that sell waffles/pancakes/sundaes etc with a side of diabetes.

• Haha

jackolantern

VIP Member
This isn't a food trend as such but a diet trend - now I'm not saying there is anything inherently wrong with slimming world, I personally don't like it but I accept it works for alot of people. BUT DEAR CHRIST. The amount of instagrammers who have slimming accounts who literally eat absolute shit and non-food all day but it's fine because it's in their HexA/B LMNOP or wtf it's called, or "free foods" or "syns". Like literally porridge for breakfast ruined by loads of chocolate and biscuits, "fakeaways" for all their meals. Like jesus get some nutrition, being thin isn't everything!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

Emoji

Chatty Member
Smashed avocado on toast! Why does every influencer post pics of this? Avocado tastes like slime in my mouth and I can understand how anyone can actually enjoy eating it 🤮

• Sick

bubbadabut

VIP Member
American style cupcakes. way too sweet I want to make the UK fairy cakes popular again. a fair-sized cake with a small about of topping rather than a mountain of topping that is so sweet it makes your teeth and head hurt. in fact, let's stop with the over sweetening of everything.
This. The way cupcakes have taken over fairy cakes is akin to the way prosecco has taken over cava. Very insidious :LOL:

I will add prosecco and gin to the list. Both overrated.

And all the different flavours of Baileys.

• Heart

DaimIt

VIP Member
All the flavored coffee creamers. I do not need my coffee to taste like Fruity Pebbles or Reese Pieces.

Reactions: 25

aimz_yeah

Chatty Member
Sourdough. I went to Tesco the other day and over half the loaves were sourdough. I just want normal bread

Reactions: 24