Food Trends you are sick of seeing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw jar-cuterie today on Instagram
People are fucked
First of all duck off with making jars trendy - we don’t need to eat or drink out of them . Let’s just stick to using them to store and or transport food etc .
Second how is it convenient carrying around food elaborately squashed in a jar
View attachment 1660789
Tell me that’s not a Babybel.. 🤢🤢
Charcuterie my arse.

Reactions: 2
I thought, what’s up with that cake? Then I saw the wine glass 🤣 I’m so confused, is it just the idea of cutting even portions? Must make a right mess!

These stupid food trends just get worse...
View attachment 1681226
Barf. What do you do then? Flip the glass over and try to eat? Gobble the tit out of that glass and get a new piece of cake? Transfer it somewhere else, so that what you eat looks like it was eaten minimally twice by an angry toddler by the time it reached your mouth?

I've seen this, what a tremendous waste of food too. Just give them a whole sandwich!

I'm sick of food being overly visually pleasing because 9 times out of 10, it has zero substance.

Overly sweet everything. I feel like this American style eating has taken over everywhere and the whole freakshakes, sugar covered glasses, stuff you can't even eat or drink because it'll topple over and bury you is sickening. I've seen a video of a famous diner in Chicago putting a giant slice of iced chocolate cake in ice cream, mixing it up with syrup and more ice-cream and serving it as a "cake-shake". Made me heave. It's a mystery of teeth aren't just dropping out of people's mouths these days. It'll be diabetes nation soon enough.
My husband is American and agrees with this, he prefers desserts and drinks etc. in the UK where there's quite a lot less sugar. I prefer them as they are in East/SE Asia where there's usually even less sugar than that!

We both dislike "birthday cake" flavours which are basically just vanilla that's too sweet

Reactions: 4
apparently a wine glass will make cake serving and eating a breeze. Celebrations needed streamlining after all these years. Yeah right.
People probably wont be finished fishing the charcuterie out of their jar o meat by the time the splash of cake comes around anyways.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Seems to be salt and chilli everything everywhere atm. I love salt and chilli but the only places who do it best are the Chinese takeaways.

Reactions: 3
Butter boards and butter candles.
I like butter but stop messing with it and wasting it please!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sweet chilli meals. When they get it right it’s extremely good but most of the time they don’t. It’s too sweet. finding a good sweet chilli dish is like finding a needle in a haystack. I wish it was all tit. It would be easier to accept than this

Reactions: 5
Smashed burgers ARE really good though. The trend for jumbo burgers with huge thick patties and loads of toppings was ridiculous, I'm loving these thin, crisped patty burgers with simple toppings being the trend.
I agree! I love a “smashed” burger because I can actually get it into my gob without disclocating my jaw!
They are technically just mince with salt & pepper made into a thin burger patty, but a proper burger should really just be mince, salt & pepper anyway! No need for all the additives & shite!

5 Guys burgers are technically smashed!

Reactions: 1
I agree! I love a “smashed” burger because I can actually get it into my gob without disclocating my jaw!
They are technically just mince with salt & pepper made into a thin burger patty, but a proper burger should really just be mince, salt & pepper anyway! No need for all the additives & shite!

5 Guys burgers are technically smashed!
Five Guys burgers are elite! Not the cheapest place to eat, but so worth it. The burgers just so easy to eat, so tasty, just the toppings you want. Delicious fries. And the milkshakes. 🤤🤤 Like a meal in themselves.

I feel like I need to make an excuse to go to my nearest Designer Outlet now just so I can get Five Guys for lunch while I'm there. 😆

Reactions: 3
Five Guys burgers are elite! Not the cheapest place to eat, but so worth it. The burgers just so easy to eat, so tasty, just the toppings you want. Delicious fries. And the milkshakes. 🤤🤤 Like a meal in themselves.

I feel like I need to make an excuse to go to my nearest Designer Outlet now just so I can get Five Guys for lunch while I'm there. 😆
I love 5guys but Mr Crazy giraffe has a bad nut allergy so we can’t have it 💔

• Sad
  • Wow

I used to love 5 guys before I was diagnosed with coeliac disease and had to go gluten free!

I end up making my own these days… mince with just salt & pepper added and made into thin patties. I then dry fry them in a pan and add cheese slices at the end before putting them on the bun & adding the toppings. They then get wrapped in tin foil & placed into the oven for a few mins to heat them & melt the cheese!

totally amazing!

• Heart
I used to love 5 guys before I was diagnosed with coeliac disease and had to go gluten free!

I end up making my own these days… mince with just salt & pepper added and made into thin patties. I then dry fry them in a pan and add cheese slices at the end before putting them on the bun & adding the toppings. They then get wrapped in tin foil & placed into the oven for a few mins to heat them & melt the cheese!

totally amazing!
Omg I’m going to try this!

• Heart