Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JoyceDivision

Chatty Member
I’ve now got FOUR Tattle tabs on my phone 😂

one for JM real time, one to GL Previous GM, one for Joe wicks because I decided to branch out and I hate the Wensley Darle prick and now this one😆

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Nosy_af

I love Greggs. I have some speech issues and my local bunch are the most patient and cheerful. I'm not fussed on sausage rolls but by God, I love a yum yum.

• Heart

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Did a total JM today and pierced my foot on a spike sliced my foot on a huge chunk of glass got a small piece of glass embedded into my foot and ended up in A&E with a lovely doctor doing medieval things to me (I will never fail to be shocked by what goes on in hospitals)

Got home and it was too late to start cooking so I ordered Subway delivery - vegan signature loaded wrap, quite nice actually. Ended up eating the toddler’s too (she had received a fair amount of chocolate bribery 😬 ) so now have bread-induced sleepiness and fear I will have to grunka everything tomorrow

Have never shopped with Ocado (Waitrose makes me feel FANCY though) so may have to look into changing that

During lockdown a friend and I devised a ranking system for U.K. supermarkets with Waitrose / M&S being top tier and Iceland being bottom tier (this took 10 mins including the argument about Morrisons). Originally based on perception of fanciness / prices / customer demographics but what started as a laugh started to feel a bit gross and if you factor in actual niceness of the food where do you put Lidl / Aldi? As they both sell quality food and ~fancy stuff yet are still v cheap providing you manage to avoid the middle aisles

Also recently noticed Iceland have a luxury ready meal range which is all boeuf bourguignon and king prawn alfredo which shows even they, the supermarket of the poor, are beyond Jack Monroe’s nonsense

I only go in there for the stracciatella quark

Just getting this out of my system🙃

• Haha
  • Heart

peperomia

Yess @PoorPatrol Jason Issacs would fucking get it. Couldn't get on with the HP films though.
As mentioned upthread I didn't think the previous threads were cliquey? It was literally the nicest/most welcoming/supportive etc set of threads I've ever contributed to. I posted after lurking for ages cos I felt that I would be welcomed if I did, ever 30 odd threads deep.
Perhaps there were other people that didn't feel the same way though.

• Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
There’s a good Leon recipe where you roast them whole then mash together with chickpeas and cumin and make into a veggie burger, it’s really good!
I thought you were talking about placentas there for a second 🤣🤣

• Haha

Mustard

VIP Member
A cardamom bun I had during lockdown. It was delivered from a local shop along with some other items. I think it was from The Snapery.
811248A8-A32B-494E-8957-47B28CE6077E.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

Mustard

VIP Member
Pepperami equals pencil dick. I had a musician with one. He left his plectrum on the bedside table.

• Haha
  • Sick

Raker

VIP Member
Yess @PoorPatrol Jason Issacs would fucking get it. Couldn't get on with the HP films though.

now, I’ve gone off him a bit, for blind support of JM, but Jay Rayner has a podcast (I am literally the only person in the universe without my own podcast now, aren’t I?)

anyway, it’s called Out to Lunch, where errm, he takes someone out for lunch and chat— Grayson Perry, Tracey Ullman, Jamie Dornan (The Fall over 50 Shades anytime, obvs...).

I particularly liked the Jason Isaacs one. He is a funny, funny man, makes him even more attractive!

• Haha

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Oh God, absolutely no need to apologise! Please don't feel bad. I have no problem with drug talk or jokes in the slightest, I'm very hard to offend (and have a very dry and dark sense of humour) xx
Would have been out like a shot at the Henry gif joke if so 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

panda_eyes

VIP Member
I don’t really gif,
I’m not a giffer,
I has not giffed 😕 but I feel it necessary here or il be an outcast amongst the masses.

so if I’m going to gif it’s gonna be on a serious subject, after reminiscing about the humble jelly star last night #RIP #YouWereLoved.
I need to bring up a biscuit related topic.

THIS IS NOT A BISCUIT!!!! Why are the gif gods trying to gaslight me into believing this is a biscuit.
It’s a SCONE. pronounced “sc...own” not “sc....on” 😐

thank you for your time.

You're right about everything (apart from the pronunciation of scone) but nobody's perfect...

• Haha

peperomia

I've never watched Friday Night Dinner, might have to watch that one with him. We watched The Dicatator with him when he was 8. Some sterling parenting going on :ROFLMAO:

I loved Dennis Pennis (Paul Kaye is my weird crush along with Peter Seranfinowicz) and The Day Today. Chris Morris is a God!
I am so into Peter Seranfinowicz, I loved Smack The Pony so much also, Sarah Alexander and he are such a power couple.

I couldn't get into Boosh, it's a bit too all over the place for me I think. The soup song is very good though.
My crush of the day contribution is Julia Davis, I wish I was as funny as she is.

• Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Omg do we not share blood?! That’s my fault for being an idiot then! I had an antenatal class where they spoke about that p injection in your thigh and said that it crosses over to baby that’s why they don’t like doing it late in so I assumed it was all the same stuff!

omg 100th centile 😂 You poor thing!

omg veggie burgers look fun, thank you! I’ve grown weary of Linda McCartney. Does anyone remember how bad her stuff used to be? It was always very greasy and bread-y? In the 90s I remember fearing it!
Pethidine?
You and baby have separate blood systems but the placenta transfers nutrients, oxygen and removes waste between the two systems. Some things are small enough to pass through the placenta membrane Inc drugs so that's why pethidine would effect baby too. I'm a bit of a placenta geek, always fascinated by them (midwife not weirdo 😂)

You're not an idiot, when I had my first before I was a mw I was shocked when the mw told me I had to birth my placenta. I thought it came out with the baby, a bit like a backpack 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

Mycuppatea

Hope I can join in? My secret crush is Jeremy Wade from River Monsters (fish on!). My favourite biccy is homemade shortbread, either hazelnut or orange and rosemary. I like to smell of roses and my ideal man smells of man - just a little touch of fresh sweat and pheromones.

• Heart

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I had a Peppermint Aero for breakfast, but unlike @heretoreaditall2019 I don't have the excuse of pregnancy, I am just a glutton.

This thread doesn't show up on my watch list despite the fact that I'm watching it and it's making me sad.

• Haha