Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

coconochanel

VIP Member
I went to the bakery for the first time since lockdown today and got a brick lane beigel for breakfast, now certain foods feels like a gateway into a previous world they are so much yummier aren't they 😂 What are your baked goods of choice? I'm guessing they'll be a lot fancier than mine (Tottenham cake & iced fingers loool).

Also on Greggs - what did you guys think of their vegan bits? I was SO excited for the vegan steak bake as I've never had a real one, I thought it tasted really strongly of red wine though! I just picked the pastry off (which was nice) and left the smush.
I had a vegan sausage roll and I thought it was really salty

Reactions: 2

LucyPeach

I’ve got these on my Ocado shopping list. Haven’t tried them yet but they have good reviews. I did have a piece of fresh kladdkaka at the Scandinavian kitchen in London a long time ago and it was delicious.View attachment 178945View attachment 178946

Hope he’s doing a salad and garlic bread too!

Some items in my Ocado View attachment 178972View attachment 178963View attachment 178964View attachment 178974View attachment 178967View attachment 178968View attachment 178969View attachment 178970View attachment 178971order.
Just booked another slot for next Sunday and have added a lot of these to the order.

Reactions: 2

Mustard

VIP Member
Even though I do exist largely on black coffee and strong tea (with a nightly herbal), my winter drinks are likely to be

Hot Elderberry & Thyme cordial.

Elderberry cordial, hot water, a sprig of thyme and some honey.

Real Ginger, Citrus and Honey tea.

Fresh ginger, cut into coins and bashed with the base of the saucepan, slices of any citrus fruit at hand (usually lemon, lime and grapefruit, but bergamot has made it in there, as would Kumquats if they were reduced to clear in Waitrose), extra juice (lemon, lime or mango if a sore throat), then heated up with water to almost boiling and strained into a clear glass cup (59p from the Turkish shop) with a tiny bit of honey, a fresh slice of ginger and a half slice of citrus again. The remainder gets left on the hob with a lid on and added to throughout the day.

Hot milk with fresh grated nutmeg.
All of those sound lovely. Where do you get the elderberry cordial from?

Reactions: 1

emm

VIP Member
The whole name change thread in forum business makes me laugh so much. I go back to read it occasionally, just because it amuses me so much.

I made myself a proper lunch for once (I am procrastinating). Green peppers with gram flour. Takes about 10 mins to make but is lush, especially with some yoghurt and pickle. I have almost put away my dirty pizza cravings.
How do you cook the peppers?

Reactions: 1

Mustard

VIP Member
I believe it is *the law* that one person must buy enough sushi for three people whenever it is consumed.

I miss O Sushi, in the ahem, restaurant quarter of South Croydon (as we must now call it).

I WANT STICKY SWEET PASTRY THINGS NOW!
Where are you?