Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
What chilli powder do you use?
I really need to buy more, but normally just the regular supermarket chilli powder (I think there's a 'hot' version too, but I'm not in the UK anymore) Today, I fudged it with some chilli flakes and paprika 😂

Reactions: 4

emm

VIP Member
Omg you’re so cute haha, just catching up on this thread this was a lovely message to read 🥰 I’m absolutely shattered I don’t know how women in the Jack thread carried round 10lb babies, their poor backs!

Ed is shooketh at the whole ordeal the midwives had to get him a seat by the window the other day and put his head between his legs during the birth plan because he had a funny turn hearing about the placenta. This morning he was horrified to learn me and baby share blood, and he thought collestrum harvesting involved him injecting my nipple with a needle to withdraw it like an oil mine so god help me.

Had some crunchy nut for breakfast but now want some orange juice and crunchy ice 🤤

I bought two sweet potatoes yesterday - I was just gonna make fries with them is there anything fancy you ladies would rather do?
There’s a good Leon recipe where you roast them whole then mash together with chickpeas and cumin and make into a veggie burger, it’s really good!

• Heart

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Ooh, I really liked The Favourite. Have seen ads for The Great ... on which viewing receptacle would this delight be found?

12 years and 21 years .... both multiples of THREE
Ooh yes almond and orange blossom
Maybe I am a secret interloper a la JM.

It's on Starzplay via Amazon Prime - you can get a free trial to watch x

• Haha

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
The whole name change thread in forum business makes me laugh so much. I go back to read it occasionally, just because it amuses me so much.

I made myself a proper lunch for once (I am procrastinating). Green peppers with gram flour. Takes about 10 mins to make but is lush, especially with some yoghurt and pickle. I have almost put away my dirty pizza cravings.
You've just reminded me of padron (autocorrect changed that to patreon 🤣 ) peppers and now I am craving them. Wonder if they sell them in lidl :unsure:

• Haha
Oh I love good fresh bread and butter ☺. We only ever have real butter in our house, left out in a butter dish. Fine in these months but a pain in the arse in winter when it's a solid block all day!
We have “proper” butter, in a butter dish. Can’t stand the thought of trans fats.

Does anyone remember the name of the program Jay Rayner makes - going out for a meal with someone?
I can’t find it on the Sounds app.

coconochanel

VIP Member
I’ve just looked up Homity Pie and the main ingredients are potatoes, garlic (in the Cranks version) onions and cheese but some recipes have leeks or spinach added. Apparently it was popular during WWII and originated with Land Girls. Here are some pictures.View attachment 180508 View attachment 180509

I hope they still have them but I haven’t been inside a Lidl since March.
I think Sainsburys do them as well.

Reactions: 3

Marj24

VIP Member
👋 Hello, just had a catch up on this thread.

Favourite perfumes 'spendy' Gucci Flora - Gorgeous Gardenia, more affordable Paul Smith Rose 🌹,

With regard to American biscuits, Red Lobster's are legendary, this is a good copy recipe.

Mustard

VIP Member
I love baked beans with brown sauce, or spicy beans (fancy!). When we got Gousto they have a spicy bean recipe that I copy now, it was fab! I can’t imagine a life without beans and I don’t even eat them that frequently?!

I have no idea on how imminent scarily! I think next week would be the very earliest thankfully, husband is in panic overdrive making iPhone notes and frequently asking me where the cereal bars are??

And thank you @Mustard will check them out!!
[/QUOT
Good luck with the impending everything! Those last two items I posted would be good for ease when no one has time to cook. That will be you very soon. You can add soy and chilli sauce plus a protein to the stir fry. The burgers are very chicken like and I would add the normal burger accompaniments. Great in a pita too.