Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Or just eat it from the jar with a spoon 😋 which is why I can no longer have a jar in the house.
It’s dangerous, isn’t it! I remember when it came out back in the day where vegans had more limited access to nice things, I discovered this with a friend and we both got addicted

I love it (and the biscuits) so much but like you, I know not to keep it in the house

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Did a total JM today and pierced my foot on a spike sliced my foot on a huge chunk of glass got a small piece of glass embedded into my foot and ended up in A&E with a lovely doctor doing medieval things to me (I will never fail to be shocked by what goes on in hospitals)

Got home and it was too late to start cooking so I ordered Subway delivery - vegan signature loaded wrap, quite nice actually. Ended up eating the toddler’s too (she had received a fair amount of chocolate bribery 😬 ) so now have bread-induced sleepiness and fear I will have to grunka everything tomorrow

Have never shopped with Ocado (Waitrose makes me feel FANCY though) so may have to look into changing that

During lockdown a friend and I devised a ranking system for U.K. supermarkets with Waitrose / M&S being top tier and Iceland being bottom tier (this took 10 mins including the argument about Morrisons). Originally based on perception of fanciness / prices / customer demographics but what started as a laugh started to feel a bit gross and if you factor in actual niceness of the food where do you put Lidl / Aldi? As they both sell quality food and ~fancy stuff yet are still v cheap providing you manage to avoid the middle aisles

Also recently noticed Iceland have a luxury ready meal range which is all boeuf bourguignon and king prawn alfredo which shows even they, the supermarket of the poor, are beyond Jack Monroe’s nonsense

I only go in there for the stracciatella quark

Just getting this out of my system🙃
Ooft hope the foot is ok and not too sore!!

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
Because I’m easily influenced I’m going to order some Barry’s from Ocado. Any other Ocado recommendations?
They are phasing out their Waitrose items unfortunately. I couldn’t get the Waitrose baked beans or the ketchup. I guess it’s because they will soon be in partnership with Marks and Spencer. I don’t know if you shop at Waitrose as well. But I recommend the Holy Moly Guacamole which is on special offer at Ocado now. I like the Tims Blackcurrant yogurt. Also the Waitrose yogurts - such as lemon curd, black cherry and gooseberry and elderflower. Usually on special at both places. Waitrose white and rye rolls. Paysan Breton cream cheese but there are more varieties available at Waitrose now. Strong Roots - Kale and Quinoa burgers (frozen) on special offer now. The Peter’s Yard crispbread especially the pink seasalt version. Village Bakery Welsh Batch Loaf. Amy’s Kitchen burritos (I cook them in a mini oven wrapped in foil) and her canned chilli. She also makes some good bean soups for a quick meal.

Last edited:
  • Heart

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
That's it! We're stuck in a food rut and I'm essentially very lazy and I feel like this would help us get some new dishes into rotation. Doesn't help that my son is a really fussy eater.
haha you sound like me. My daughter is pretty fussy too, she used to eat anything until she got about 4 years old and then just seemed to start wanting beige food only.

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
I really really wish I liked seafood 😭 I'll try anything but have never found any other than prawns that I like! It looks so delicious (other than when fish have their eyes still, freaks me out) that I am jealous of my seafood eating pals.

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Yup! It was crazy! Lots of distance, obstacles and illness! But I finally got to move in with him a few weeks ago ❤I am such a romantic at heart and love hearing people's stories about it!
Ah that is LOVELY
I am a massive romantic as well. Love hearing all about it. So happy that you had a happy ending.

YES! Was that not the same appearance where she said she spent her first paycheck on a pantomime horse costume that she takes everywhere with her and puts on every now and then to confuse people? God I love her
Exactly that one. She cracked me up and after that I started to follow her on instagram :)

Passive_Aggressive_Lemon

I’ve hopped onboard the Schitt’s Creek express. Loving it so far. If you love the Office US then I highly recommend Parks & Rec. April Ludgate is me.

On the biscuit front, Biscoff now have Lotus sandwich biscuits and they are heaven.

One Tin Bakes by Edd Kimber. You need a 13x9 inch tin or you can halve the recipes and use a 8x8.
Thank you. Whilst looking at his website I’ve spotted an espresso chocolate loaf cake which I think I’m going to try. I’ve definitely got a loaf tin but not the other sizes you mentioned. Can’t wait 😋

Suprise!

More robin pics (at my old house there was a really lovely robin that I ‘tamed’ - it even came inside the kitchen eventually 😂 of its own accord, and then we put its food in there)

Sorry, I’ll stop posting robin pics now 😂😂 and the worms might be a trigger for some
I love your robin! I have a mouse and a frog somewhere in the garden, have never been quick enough to get a pic.

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
#runsoutofhousetoimmediatelytobuybiscoffspread

oh god, I've just seen it. Am thinking of unfollowing too
When did she start this? I haven’t followed her for long but all those bizarre posts showing that “symbol” everywhere are insane

peperomia

I love love the vegan sausage rolls and get them sometimes when I'm cheating on gluten, I'm avoiding the steak bake in case I really like it. I avoid trying any new food that has it as I don't need anything else to miss :LOL: The chicken bakes were great,as were the iced fingers. Belgian buns very disappointing.

I used to be vegetarian/vegan, it isn't something I can do now as I try to eat a more autoimmune disease friendly diet. I still eat a lot of vegan food, and only bake vegan & gluten free.

Reactions: 4