Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Chinese. Always chinese.

Is it Kaspas?? There's one down the road from me and I am always tempted 🤔
Chinese is a very good call!

No, it’s a local business, though I used to live near a Kaspas too and it always looked amazing! You should treat yourself sometime, if you can

Reactions: 4

Mustard

VIP Member
You know that Greggs sell a range of cakes/ pastries based on local foods, well the London cheesecake is sold in Greggs branches all over London and they are flaky pastry layers covered in iced coconut ribbons. They are unique to London as far as I know.View attachment 180328
Do theirs have the jam inside? There’s a local bakery near me that sell them with jam. Aldi also has a version.

• Wow

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
God, I love cheesy bread. Tesco (I think) do a cheese and jalapeno bread that I could eat an entire loaf of, just with lots of salty butter smeared on it. I have mad white carb cravings today.
Cheesy bread is the dream and I agree the tesco cheese bread (not sure about one with jalapenos? Sounds amazing though) is amazing - toasted with extra cheese on top, obviously.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
What is a baumkuchen?
Aldi near me have the London cheese cakes. And Lidl near me have the pastel del natas unless you are in London and I can recommend some places to go to.
It’s a German cake baked in thin layers (Wikipedia explains better) so it resembles the rings inside a tree trunk, sometimes encased in a layer of chocolate. I don’t understand what makes it so delicious but I’m not complaining
Unfortunately I’m far from London but have no trouble finding pastel de natas here

Mustard

VIP Member
All the pastry chat has reminded me of school. Used to love cheese and onion pie and I had with beans (unrinsed) every day for lunch for about 5 years. Good old 1980’s healthy eating 😬. Mmmm, the cheese was so strong and melty tho..
Do you like Homity Pie? I used to go to Cranks to get my fix. That reminds me, Cranks used to do a lovely cheese and herb bread (it made great toast) and a cheese bap they served with cress inside.

Pocahontas

VIP Member

New thread!

• Heart

TriviaNewtonJohn

VIP Member
Did you know that he’s one of the group that think Shakespeare didn’t write his stuff because he wasn’t clever enough? Huuugely oversimplifying the whole debacle, but that annoyed me. Also he’s the carer/nanny in Bing and Bing is a twat.
I didn't know the Shakespeare thing. That is annoying!

Mustard

VIP Member
That's a sausage gravy! Americans have it with 'biscuits' which are similar to our scones
Yes. These are very common in Southern states including Texas. I had some at a diner in Texas along time ago while driving across the country. Biscuits on their own are often served instead of bread during a meal in certain areas.

emm

VIP Member
I love that! Did you let them keep them?

Still totally would.
Yeh I didn’t want to but ultimately they were more comfortable / used to my parents house, I tried keeping them with me but I could see they weren’t as happy 😢 I now have another cat of course and am planning on adopting another 😂

Haha! What a sublime gif!! Yeah, love that song 😂 honestly, such a perfect show - love that you watch it with your son - that’s an amazing idea! Gonna crack the DVDs out (they sound just as archaic is VHS 🤣) X
I was horrified to see that it’s now playing on sky gold 😂 I always had associated that with 1970s shows my dad watches , never have I felt so old 😂 slightly ot but what are everyone’s thoughts on the spirt of jazz ep being pulled from iPlayer?

• Heart

peperomia

I miss Little Vietnam in South Wimbledon <3 I had to leave London and retreat to my part of the Estuary a couple of years ago. I miss it a lot and I hope I can move back sooner rather than later.

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Not tried the Nando’s sauce in a long while. I like the green Tabasco sauce or the Cholula sauce. I soften onions before heating beans and add cumin, vinegar, butter and hot sauce.

Where do buy your dried beans?
Tesco now as it's the nearest supermarket but Waitrose and Sainsburys before that x

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
See I find cooking risotto really therapeutic and just absent-mindedly stir while listening to a podcast!
My friend is the same, she enjoys cooking them as she just chucks on Netflix and sits there stirring. I don't know what it is, I just find them a really boring dish to cook 😂 I love cooking paella though!

• Haha