Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Passive_Aggressive_Lemon

Thanks fraus. You’re the best cabal in town.

The vet put her to sleep so she’s not suffering now. It’s bloody hard though, she’s been my little shadow for nearly 16 years.

I think I’ll stay away from the JM thread and any kitten talk today. Although the sight of those wigs did give me a chuckle last night. I’m hoping JM will do an extra good chaos later to distract me :)

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Toffee finger

VIP Member

Edit - stupid virgin media isn’t working properly but hopefully this in an appropriate dancy gif! Don’t want to accidentally put a Henry hoover gif up

• Haha
  • Heart

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Ah pastel de nata 😋

I baked this just now, sun-dried tomato and garlic bread ☺ Mr Nottonight is cooking a lasagne this evening so I said I'd bake bread to go with.

IMG_20200713_151744.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
I miss M&S so much 😂 That’s the most Monroe I’ll go on you, but like the joy of finding something that looks fucking amazing and rushing home to eat it?? Also the stores are always so nice, even the ambient chill climate makes you feel ~fresh? I do also really rate their plant selection, they live forever!

I’ve decided to make something my husband hates because I’m annoyed at him, you know those Dolmio (I think?) pasta bake sauces? I love the creamy tomato one, it’s all claggy and sort of gross? As a child it was a delicacy 😂 so I’m about to pop one of those on!

Edit; it’s home pride, image

E7C62572-E5E2-44CC-B1C2-21416FB00C78.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

peperomia

55B2FE2A-ED0C-454D-83F1-AA48CEB59A99.jpeg
I love Swedish summer cake (nigella),
Also love pavlova but it has to be proper gooey pavlova and not a big horrible crumbly meringue.

I know pavlova is not a cake but it's my fave dessert and I am a (insert appropriate tom cruise with sunglasses gif).
I made a well dreamy marshmallowy pavlova recently

• Heart
  • Wow

OhhBacon

VIP Member
Having followed and commented all through The Chronicles of Monroe, meandering on and off topic I have struggled to keep up recently...bloody work.
Anyway always knew you were my people but when the Ian Hisslop fans popped up...even more knew I was in the right place.

Cant understand what’s happened but think I’m Ian Hisslop adoration has to stay over here? And jack the twat over there?

• Haha
  • Heart

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
Hi everybody! This is a lovely thread. One of a few good things to come out of the JM chaos. Thanks to all who recommended Schitts Creek, we’ve been binging on it for the last couple of weeks, it’s hilarious

• Heart

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
Having followed and commented all through The Chronicles of Monroe, meandering on and off topic I have struggled to keep up recently...bloody work.
Anyway always knew you were my people but when the Ian Hisslop fans popped up...even more knew I was in the right place.

Cant understand what’s happened but think I’m Ian Hisslop adoration has to stay over here? And jack the twat over there?
We twat about over here, and we talk about the twat over there *the JM thread*

• Haha
  • Heart

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
I don’t really gif,
I’m not a giffer,
I has not giffed 😕 but I feel it necessary here or il be an outcast amongst the masses.

so if I’m going to gif it’s gonna be on a serious subject, after reminiscing about the humble jelly star last night #RIP #YouWereLoved.
I need to bring up a biscuit related topic.

THIS IS NOT A BISCUIT!!!! Why are the gif gods trying to gaslight me into believing this is a biscuit.
It’s a SCONE. pronounced “sc...own” not “sc....on” 😐

thank you for your time.

God trying to explain biscuits to my american colleague was a challenge....she thinks they are scones to be eaten with some kind of weird white gravy congealed gloop that looks like watery bread sauce :sick: "it's a cookie but more solid.....DEAR GOD WOMAN NOT THAT, WTF ARE YOU TRYING TO EAT"

1594379116067.png

(n)(n)(n)(n)😭😭😭😭🤬🤬🤬🤬:sick::sick::sick::sick: (sorry if anyone likes them)

• Sick
  • Haha
I am SO pleased for this thread. Veteran JM thread follower, I've lost track this week since I've been BUSY and frankly I cba with her anymore. But I missed the chat and the gifs so I am here for this.
Now to Grunka this thread so I'm up to date.

• Heart

Suprise!

Can I make a case for a savoury biscuit? I love Cheddars!
When my kids were little I developed crushes on quite a lot of the CBeebies presenters, incl Big Cook Little Cook (both of them) and also Mr Tumble. 🙈 😬.

• Haha
  • Wow

CottageWitch

Hello hello! Just found my way over here from THAT THREAD

To answer the entry questions and prove my allegiance:
Scent - anything vanilla-ey or jasmine
Current perfume - the YSL one in the pink rectangular bottle (though it's running low and I haven't been able to do my usual duty free perfume spree this year 😭)
Biscuit - YES. Just all of them. Favourable mentions are choccie hobnobs and chic chip shortbread
Cake - YES
Dessert - YES
Weird crush - Jack Whitehall. Something about a posh boy innit

• Heart
  • Haha

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Listen up, fraus and gentlemen! I just had massaman curry in a sandwich. I made it for the children to have with rice, but was so hungry I just couldn’t wait for the rice to steam. Had to be a fold over type single slice sandwich, otherwise it would have gone everywhere. Ohhhh man. I never want to eat anything else again in my life.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

Suprise!

Loving all these secret crushes! Someone way back posted Rik Mayall, I’d forgotten how much I used to love him. My other wierd ones are Joe Lycett and Rory Kinnear. It’s their smiles.. I felt a bit embarrassed posting that but then I remembered Harold Bishop and his spanking paddles and nothing could be as bad as that 🙈.

I also had to do a Teams thing but found that if I put my phone round the side of the laptop I could carry on Grunkling and it just looked like I was concentrating really hard and writing stuff down👌.
This thread is like a confession booth..

• Haha
  • Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Is this a non-JM OT chit chat safe space? I am confused 😂
the only answer I can give right now is....

fuck knows 🤣

I know admin always tries to avoid letting threads and off topic threads become clicky, because it can be hard for new members to feel welcome.

I suppose this is the dumping ground for Downing Street twats and Jack Monroe right now......

A SENTENCE I NEVER THOUGHT I’D WRITE

but it might not work 😆

• Haha