Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We call him 'the crying man' cos I can never remember his name.

Fave cake - Bakewell tart or anything custardy
Fave tea - peppermint
oh god what about that crying man on the pottery throw down bleeping hell He does my head in almost as much as the DING DONG woman on the bloody make up one about ‘Em Yew Ayyys’

• Haha
Reactions: 13
No offense to those who don't like hot drinks, but when I hear someone doesn't like any hot drink I'm like "so what do you sip in winter?!"
Even though I do exist largely on black coffee and strong tea (with a nightly herbal), my winter drinks are likely to be

Hot Elderberry & Thyme cordial.

Elderberry cordial, hot water, a sprig of thyme and some honey.

Real Ginger, Citrus and Honey tea.

Fresh ginger, cut into coins and bashed with the base of the saucepan, slices of any citrus fruit at hand (usually lemon, lime and grapefruit, but bergamot has made it in there, as would Kumquats if they were reduced to clear in Waitrose), extra juice (lemon, lime or mango if a sore throat), then heated up with water to almost boiling and strained into a clear glass cup (59p from the Turkish shop) with a tiny bit of honey, a fresh slice of ginger and a half slice of citrus again. The remainder gets left on the hob with a lid on and added to throughout the day.

Hot milk with fresh grated nutmeg.

Reactions: 12
I’ve been watching The Mighty Boosh with our son and we can’t stop singing “look at my shiny balls” at each other.
We tried to get the kids into it but it went right over their heads. The eels song was my favourite bit. As well as all my other crushes I also love Noel Fielding, he’s so warm and kind and tall 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Even though I do exist largely on black coffee and strong tea (with a nightly herbal), my winter drinks are likely to be

Fresh ginger, cut into coins and bashed with the base of the saucepan, slices of any citrus fruit at hand (usually lemon, lime and grapefruit, but bergamot has made it in there, as would Kumquats if they were reduced to clear in Waitrose), extra juice (lemon, lime or mango if a sore throat), then heated up with water to almost boiling and strained into a clear glass cup (59p from the Turkish shop) with a tiny bit of honey, a fresh slice of ginger and a half slice of citrus again. The remainder gets left on the hob with a lid on and added to throughout the day.

Ooooh sounds nice!

I'm partial to a hot Ribena, also tea, and sometimes if I have had too many teas whilst at work will switch to a coffee with about an hour to go, to get through to the end of the shift.

Reactions: 7

All of those sound lovely. Where do you get the elderberry cordial from?

Reactions: 1
We tried to get the kids into it but it went right over their heads. The eels song was my favourite bit. As well as all my other crushes I also love Noel Fielding, he’s so warm and kind and tall 😍
There was a programme on tonight that featured Ely Cathedral. Mr D worked at a big gig there a couple of years ago - he said that he and the engineer wandered off at one point before doors, saw a sculpture of an eel in a park and they, naturally, sung the Eels song all the way through.

All of those sound lovely. Where do you get the elderberry cordial from?
Varies - sometimes I've made it myself, sometimes it's on sale in random shops around here and, when neither have happened, I get the Pukka Herbs one that's supposed to be a medicine and use that - that's very herbally and is the most like the potion Mr D's Granddad used to make for when they came home off the moors.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Re teas... I'm a huge tea fan and have a monthly subscription to a small company that own a shop in Brighton (Bird and Blend if anyone wants to take a look). I get sent all sorts of weird and wonderful blends each month.

If I have normal black tea I like it to be quite strong. I quite like Clipper, and drink their sleep blend at night too ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Re teas... I'm a huge tea fan and have a monthly subscription to a small company that own a shop in Brighton (Bird and Blend if anyone wants to take a look). I get sent all sorts of weird and wonderful blends each month.

If I have normal black tea I like it to be quite strong. I quite like Clipper, and drink their sleep blend at night too ☺
fancy!

• Haha
Reactions: 11

I LOVE Bird and Blend. Have spent in the region of £8b in there since I discovered it.
And I preferred it when they were Bluebird

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
EELS! up inside yaaaa!

simply terrifying.

anyway onto nicer things
1594420208041.jpeg

I’m currently on some nice Barry’s by way of Ocado as have run out of the “proper” stuff until I can get home to replenish supplies....

1594420085481.png
1594420130806.png

I think Yorkshire tea is a poor second place to these — just about strong enough, but agree to a funny aftertaste. I drink it strong and black, so am aware of variations....

cake: not keen on carrot or chocolate cakes (rather have a slab of chocolate TBH). So lemon, apple, or just a plain sponge with a scrape of buttercream, or a load of whipped cream and fresh berries (or tinned mandarins, reminds me of my mum).

Pavlova (it’s the law in NI).

God, any NI traybake (“great bakers those wee Presbyterian girls”, my v catholic mother would pronounce regularly 🤣)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m lost on what’s new and what’s old so sorry if gunpowder tea has been mentioned, but I really recommend it!

Reactions: 5
I’m an Earl Grey drinker (fancy!) But will drink Barry’s red when out in town, or visiting friends. I also like herbal teas and usually have a cup of Pukka Relax before bedtime. It really helps to send me off to sleep.

Reactions: 6
I’m an Earl Grey drinker (fancy!) But will drink Barry’s red when out in town, or visiting friends. I also like herbal teas and usually have a cup of Pukka Relax before bedtime. It really helps to send me off to sleep.
Love a chamomile or a peppermint tea!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What a beautiful dog!! Love dogs with smiley faces and kind eyes.

Yes of course you can be my best friend and come and see the tame robins 😂😂 There are loads of robins where we are now but I can’t allow myself to get too close and personal this time as we have a cat (he’s pudgy and has no teeth, but still a cat). I still feed them, but not from the kitchen or my hand this time 😭

To bring this thread back to food and dick, I am still laughing at coke can reference 😂 and Harry shagging the dad who looks like Keir 😂

Are they friends? 😂

Haha, I am edging towards being a two-legged pig with mealworms #lockdownlard
I have once again forgotten to order mealworms, thanks fraus! THE REPROACH on the face of my robin when they saw I'd put stopgap seed out the other day :LOL: I have def become a useless slug pig this week as my sleep has fucked off again taking my memory with it so I've not even got any mealworms haha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Also The IT Crowd and one of my favourite tv shows The Mighty Boosh.
Love The Mighty Boosh. Was going to say, my not-so-secret crush is Noel Fielding.

I’ve been watching The Mighty Boosh with our son and we can’t stop singing “look at my shiny balls” at each other.
The songs are so catchy. Think my favourite is the Soup Song.

cant wait to hit this point in parenthood
It's impossible to be unhappy in a poncho!

Yes :love: So funny, and a great shirt and jumper collection too.

On the tea front - I love Pukka herbal teas. Though my go-to drink is hot blackcurrant/berry squash.

Cake/dessert
- for something hot, sticky toffee pudding
- for something cold, banoffee pie (miles better homemade though)

This is fast becoming my favourite thread on Tattle 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.