Food & Drink

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I LOVE Bird and Blend. Have spent in the region of £8b in there since I discovered it.
And I preferred it when they were Bluebird
I love their pina colada blend (I am a #looseleafwanker)! A friend bought me their advent calendar a few christmasses ago, it was immense. A really good way to try their teas that you're not sure about. I did have to give away the green tea ones as they all taste very grassy to me.

1594461547605.png

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@heretoreaditall2019 I downloaded that Bill Clegg book last night. I was a severe cocaine addict in my 20s (and a heavy drug user from a very young age). Oooh boy, this is bringing up all sorts of uncomfortable emotions already!
Oh god I feel really bad for posting that stupid thing about Mrs Doyle. It’s easy to forget on here that we don’t actually know each other IRL. Sorry if it brought anything back x

• Heart
Ive just baked a lotus biscoff traybake really easy just 3 ingredients. if anyone wants the recipe let me know and I'll post it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Oh god I feel really bad for posting that stupid thing about Mrs Doyle. It’s easy to forget on here that we don’t actually know each other IRL. Sorry if it brought anything back x
Oh God, absolutely no need to apologise! Please don't feel bad. I have no problem with drug talk or jokes in the slightest, I'm very hard to offend (and have a very dry and dark sense of humour) xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh God, absolutely no need to apologise! Please don't feel bad. I have no problem with drug talk or jokes in the slightest, I'm very hard to offend (and have a very dry and dark sense of humour) xx
Would have been out like a shot at the Henry gif joke if so 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh God, absolutely no need to apologise! Please don't feel bad. I have no problem with drug talk or jokes in the slightest and I'm very had to offend xx
Phew! I love your Tattle name btw. Getting proper nostalgia from this thread for all these comedy shows from the 90/00’s. My kids would deem these sad old boomer shows but they know nothing. We binge watched Friday Night Dinner with them early in lockdown tho - they loved the swearing and anarchy and now try to recreate it every mealtime 😂 x

• Haha
  • Heart
I love your new name as well. Brian Butterfield: Jack of All Trades 😂
Beautiful.

I do miss your creepy cat avatar though 😂

Reactions: 6
Biscoff traybake

Ingredients
400g jar of Lotus Biscoff spread plus 5tbsp extra to decorate
3 medium eggs
2 tsp baking powder.

preheat oven at 180c/160fan, gas mark4
line a 20cm/8in square tin with baking parchment
scoop all the biscoff spread into a bowl, add the eggs and baking powder. mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
scrape into the baking tin and bake for 18-20mins until just set. leave to cool for 10 mins then evenly spread over the extra Biscoff spread. cut into squares when cool.

TIP I got my 3 jars of Biscoff spread from poundland. also you can use the crunchy spread for the topping I didnt.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Phew! I love your Tattle name btw. Getting proper nostalgia from this thread for all these comedy shows from the 90/00’s. My kids would deem these sad old boomer shows but they know nothing. We binge watched Friday Night Dinner with them early in lockdown tho - they loved the swearing and anarchy and now try to recreate it every mealtime 😂 x
I've never watched Friday Night Dinner, might have to watch that one with him. We watched The Dicatator with him when he was 8. Some sterling parenting going on :ROFLMAO:

I loved Dennis Pennis (Paul Kaye is my weird crush along with Peter Seranfinowicz) and The Day Today. Chris Morris is a God!

I love your new name as well. Brian Butterfield: Jack of All Trades 😂
Beautiful.

I do miss your creepy cat avatar though 😂
See you in your dreams xxx

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Lads, can I ask your advice?

We just got a new kitten. We lost our other lovely cat late last year and our home just didn't feel the same. We also have a dog and another cat who are both 10. When we collected the kitten there was another one there she said no one wanted as he looks like Hitler. Cue me falling in love instantly. I REALLY want to get him as well (I'm cat obsessed) but my husband, who tolerates the animals rather than actively loves them, isn't so keen and thinks it will tip the balance. We both work from home and have a good sized house so space isn't an issue.

I can't bear the thought of him being unwanted and would honestly have a houseful of the bloody things if I could. What should I do? Would you do get him even if your partner wasn't 100% behind you? He's basically said just get him to shut me up but I'm nervous.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've never watched Friday Night Dinner, might have to watch that one with him. We watched The Dicatator with him when he was 8. Some sterling parenting going on :ROFLMAO:

I loved Dennis Pennis (Paul Kaye is my weird crush along with Peter Seranfinowicz) and The Day Today. Chris Morris is a God!

See you in your dreams xxx

For a minute there I thought you meant Peter Kay (slightly unfortunately my husband now bears an uncanny resemblance to him - the kids used to think that was actually him on the telly when they were little 😂). Phoenix Nights reminds me so much of my years working behind a bar in a similar club. Sadly Peter Kay is not one of my wierd crushes 🙈. Paul Kaye however... 😍

Friday Night Dinner is great. The later series get a bit samey but the first couple are hilarious.

Just the name Chris Morris sets me off. There’s a totally random and brilliant episode of Gumball with a hamster named after him 😂😂😂

We just got a new kitten. We lost our other lovely cat late last year and our home just didn't feel the same. We also have a dog and another cat who are both 10. When we collected the kitten there was another one there she said no one wanted as he looks like Hitler. Cue me falling in love instantly. I REALLY want to get him as well (I'm cat obsessed) but my husband, who tolerates the animals rather than actively loves them, isn't so keen and thinks it will tip the balance. We both work from home and have a good sized house so space isn't an issue.

I can't bear the thought of him being unwanted and would honestly have a houseful of the bloody things if I could. What should I do? Would you do get him even if your partner wasn't 100% behind you? He's basically said just get him to shut me up but I'm nervous.
I would totally get him!! Black and white cats are so lovely, we’ve had 2. Our neighbour has one that looks like hitler and my ‘hilarious’ Peter Kay husband likes to call him Kitler whenever we see him. The kids think that his real name. His owner is a lovely old chap who would probably be mortified to know that’s what we call his moggy 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
This is it. I'm worried about upsetting my older cat - would two tip her over the edge? But then I figure if the two kittens play with each other, the current kitten might be less likely to annoy my old girl?

You should probs rehome a kitten @Pocahontas, your adult cat might be happier to accept a youngun?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
For a minute there I thought you meant Peter Kay (slightly unfortunately my husband now bears an uncanny resemblance to him - the kids used to think that was actually him on the telly when they were little 😂). Phoenix Nights reminds me so much of my years working behind a bar in a similar club. Sadly Peter Kay is not one of my wierd crushes 🙈. Paul Kaye however... 😍

Friday Night Dinner is great. The later series get a bit samey but the first couple are hilarious.

Just the name Chris Morris sets me off. There’s a totally random and brilliant episode of Gumball with a hamster named after him 😂😂😂

I would totally get him!! Black and white cats are so lovely, we’ve had 2. Our neighbour has one that looks like hitler and my ‘hilarious’ Peter Kay husband likes to call him Kitler whenever we see him. The kids think that his real name. His owner is a lovely old chap who would probably be mortified to know that’s what we call his moggy 😬
Peter Kay 😂

Yes, I love black and white cats. The current owners of the kitten have named him Adolf and I'm wondering whether we can keep the name or if people would find it offensive?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Peter Kay 😂

Yes, I love black and white cats. The current owners of the kitten have named him Adolf and I'm wondering whether we can keep the name or if people would find it offensive?!
Adolf Kitler!! 😂😂 (so sorry.. I also have a very dark and warped sense of humour. My husband is half Jewish so it’s even worse 🙈). Maybe it could be his secret middle name..

• Haha
  • Heart

Slightly different, but a few years ago when I was livin with my parents i alwaysss wanted a cat and they always said not here, when you move out etc. Later me and my bf decided to get w cat together (to live at his) and ended up getting 2 siblings. We later broke up and I took the cats to my parents , who ended up falling in love with them, to the extent that when I moved out they insisted on keeping the cats... so tldr would be get it, your partner will end up liking it (IMO)

• Heart
  • Haha
Slightly different, but a few years ago when I was livin with my parents i alwaysss wanted a cat and they always said not here, when you move out etc. Later me and my bf decided to get w cat together (to live at his) and ended up getting 2 siblings. We later broke up and I took the cats to my parents , who ended up falling in love with them, to the extent that when I moved out they insisted on keeping the cats... so tldr would be get it, your partner will end up liking it (IMO)
I love that! Did you let them keep them?

Aw, does he have the moustache 😂
You know what I’m gonna say ... get him ❤ If your older cat and dog seem to be ok with one kitten, another won’t harm??
When we adopted our cat last year from CP, I wanted to get two but they wouldn’t let us as they don’t home two separate adult cats together? I hanker for another though but my husband says it won’t be fair to our cat as he has no teeth 😂

Ha, some of the films we’ve watched with our eldest 😱 I always weigh it up with well I watched this when I was your age 😂 (Aliens, The Thing, etc.)

Love Peter S. That voice!
Also - oh my god - Paul Kaye - same 😂😂😂 I used to love this programme called Two Thousand Acres of Sky and had such a soft spot for him in that - but also as Dennis Pennis. And Mike Strutter! 😂

haha those cats!
Still totally would.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
@heretoreaditall2019 I downloaded that Bill Clegg book last night. I was a severe cocaine addict in my 20s (and a heavy drug user from a very young age). Oooh boy, this is bringing up all sorts of uncomfortable emotions already!
oh god sorry I should have disclosed it’s triggering! Is it the portrait of an addict one? I loved both his books, it’s a shame he’s not written a million more his style of writing is absolutely amazing. It’s not really a spoiler as I’m sure you know, it all gets so much worse.

Although funnily the same week I was reading this I walked past someone smoking crack on the strand and recognised it because of the book’s constant references to stems! I probably wouldn’t have clocked had I not spent hours reading about him doing crack 😂 I did also google it because it didn’t make sense to me how it worked practically!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.